How is the coronavirus affecting you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Helly View Post
    Its starting to affect my business, which I was expecting and prepared for. Tbh I will probably be calling it quits for a while starting either next week or the one after.

Something happened a few days ago that really pissed me off. Some fucking mouthbreathing drooling idiot was sitting behind me in what I guess you could call a transit car. I was sitting in the passenger seat because although there were only 5 confirmed cases at that time I didnt want to take my chances sitting in the backseats possibly between two other people considering how much of a piece of shit Mexico's healthcare system is. But that ended up not mattering because this lovely pile of human excrement decides to sneeze without covering his mouth at all and I feel the wind graze my hair. I turned around and I tell him "what the hell, cover your fucking mouth, dude", and he just does this gross betacuck cringesmile, averts his eyes, and doesn't even apologize. I hope he dies at some point during this pandemic. If the courts of this country weren't such shit I would have sued the shit out of him.

Then we've got our idiot head of state showing off his lucky charms for warding off the Coronavirus, which is just..........I'm actually laughing rn irl at how utterly ridiculous this whole thing is. Did I mention how much I hate this country? Lol
    I hate your country too man

Comment

I hope Mitch Mcconnell gets it

Comment

Sittin here ready to let a chinese girl cough in my mouth

Comment

Originally posted by OsamaBinBallin View Post
          I hope Mitch Mcconnell gets it
          There's another guy that I'd have no sympathy for.

Rand Paul can fuck right off too, tbh. Kentucky was a mistake.

Comment

• OsamaBinBallin
            OsamaBinBallin commented
            Editing a comment
            Word, those 2 can die slow for all I care

Originally posted by OsamaBinBallin View Post

I hate your country too man
          'your country'

dont insult me lol, I disowned this backwards nation a long time ago. I'm a Hellyan

Comment

Just chilling at my dorm with the free toilet paper and hand sanitizer

Comment

It's made work in the Pharmacy real busy, the phone never stops ringing, the shop is constantly full we have hundreds of prescriptions piled up to be completed and they keep coming constantly, and we've had people come in telling us that they've been told they need to be tested for the Corona, and to top it off we've had people referred to us by 111, so they have come in with the symptoms, they aren't supposed to be in the pharmacy if it's suspected, they are supposed to stay indoors, if I become unlucky enough to catch it i'm asthmatic and on high dose steroids at the moment
              Last edited by Raiden Blackthorn; March 20th, 2020, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post
                Kentucky was a mistake.
                but I'm from there
                Originally posted by Kajin_Style
                I have this illness called "Having-a-Heart" and gives me this irrational sense of empathy and care for my fellow man.

Comment

So far on my end personally it's been nothing but positive. My job's been swamped with a stupid amount of work orders being placed for awhile now, they're now starting to slow down so our backlog might actually get cleared and we can get everything up to speed.

The traffic to and from home is at least cut in half and we rarely see anyone driving like a god damned idiot... so there's another plus.

Literally no one I know, in person or otherwise, has it so I'm not really being affected by it much at all since I just sit at home most my time.

Comment

My job got put on hold for about 3 weeks to a month. On the one hand no work, but at the same time that means no cash after m next 2 paychecks....

This legitimately is surprisingly awful.

So it's time to clear my backlog I guess....

Comment

Been hearing rumors that the military is on standby for martial law in the more concentrated areas, though from how things are looking, chances are it might progress to full national. Meanwhile, my parents just made a big grocery run, so we're pretty set on food, alcohol, and utilities for a while if needed.

So far only one case is confirmed for my county and one for the county I work in. Other than that, none of my neighboring areas have anything, so things aren't looking so bad assuming the one case didn't infect too many people before they were locked in.

As for work, no confirmation on whether or not they'll be locking down. So far it seems I'll be going back in Monday as usual, which is fine cause more money is always good. Even though I have literally no expenses to pay at the moment, it at least gives me something productive to do.

Comment

Originally posted by EnemyOfDaState View Post

Fam shoot me a stock, the market is crashing and I want to play around with some low level investing but I am lost.
                        Well there is the obvious like Disney, Exxon mobile and etc that will rebound once in the clear. But then there is companies like moderna and biontech se that can be home runs. They are two of the leaders in the run for who will cure the vaccine. They can be grandslams or busts. I made money off of biontech but it was heavily manipulated and took a dove. I was watching it and still maintained a profit on it. Moderna is sitting still it can go either way. But anyways no matter what it’s volatile now play with money you can afford to lose. It’s volatile but at the same time one of the best time to play

Comment

Originally posted by Thar View Post
                          Been hearing rumors that the military is on standby for martial law in the more concentrated areas, though from how things are looking, chances are it might progress to full national
                          Iv'e heard this for where i am too, apparently I will need to bring my NHS smartcard to show I have to go outside for work if it comes into effect

Comment

The courthouses are shutdown, no cases are moving, and the office is closed until this whole thing blows over. I’m out-of-work and stuck at home with a pregnant wife and a pissed off one-year-old.

Comment

Mostly just affecting my mental state for now, but I do fear for my job a bit as well.
                              The company is in a bit of a rough patch and we are out of work for a minimum of 1 month now, and I`m not sure if it will be able to recover.

As for my mental state, I`ve been an idiot and started going unhealthy late to bed, affecting my sleep which brought on a bit of anxiety and depression. And now we are in almost full quarantine. My city is a ghost town, everything is closed, we arent allowed to leave the city anymore, havent seen my friends in over a week (play games and talk on Discord every day tho, so that helps a lot), and I havent been training for over a week.
                              The quarantine will last a minimum of one month and quite possibly longer.

Other than that I mostly fear for my parents, not so much for myself. I`d probably recover just fine seeing as my health is in check. No asthma, no allergies, reasonably fit etc etc.
                              Even tho it is a bit worrying that the latest research shows that even some younger patients that developed harsher symptoms (pneumonia) end up with permanently damaged lungs.

Comment

Originally posted by znjfl View Post
                                Mostly just affecting my mental state for now, but I do fear for my job a bit as well.
                                The company is in a bit of a rough patch and we are out of work for a minimum of 1 month now, and I`m not sure if it will be able to recover.

As for my mental state, I`ve been an idiot and started going unhealthy late to bed, affecting my sleep which brought on a bit of anxiety and depression. And now we are in almost full quarantine. My city is a ghost town, everything is closed, we arent allowed to leave the city anymore, havent seen my friends in over a week (play games and talk on Discord every day tho, so that helps a lot), and I havent been training for over a week.
                                The quarantine will last a minimum of one month and quite possibly longer.

Other than that I mostly fear for my parents, not so much for myself. I`d probably recover just fine seeing as my health is in check. No asthma, no allergies, reasonably fit etc etc.
                                Even tho it is a bit worrying that the latest research shows that even some younger patients that developed harsher symptoms (pneumonia) end up with permanently damaged lungs.
                                That's rough buddy. Hang in there.

Comment

It's not affecting me much (for now) but it is affecting my gf as her job training is put on hold due to the pandemic

Comment

As of today, cases have basically doubled in NC since last week, and both counties I commute between identified a combined total of 7 new cases, which just made our Board of Commissioners issue a state of emergency for the area on Friday. On top of that, my sister and her boyfriend from Charlotte stayed over last night, which worries me cause that area is said to have the highest case count in the state due to a recent community spread. Granted, she's a nurse and she doesn't work in the ER where all the cases are going, but she loves to go out and she's recently been bar-hopping before everything started closing down. I have the same suspicion for her boyfriend, who says he's been working from home but his job makes him travel a lot, so who knows where he's been and where the virus was at the time?

Business is continuing as usual at my work, but they just recently started letting people out an hour early every day instead of just Friday, and I imagine shop won't be working weekends unless something needs to be shipped soon. Getting pretty fed up with my co-workers accusing me of having it every time I cough due to allergies. It's unfortunate that even though it's not as bad as it used to be, there's just no getting rid of this lingering little tickle in my throat that's making me want to cough at least once a minute if not more. Been losing sleep at night because of it as well, so that sucks.

Comment

Annnd I’m out of beer. This is now officially a national disaster

Comment

Originally posted by Zemoco View Post

That's rough buddy. Hang in there.

Thanks man, its still not as bad as it can be, so thats pretty good :)

Comment

Working...
                                        X