Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Louay View Post
    You don't have to eat an infected animal to contract viruses
    Exactly. Humanity as a species has gotten plenty of viruses from animals we kept as pets.

Comment

So. there is a rumor going on and about, how this virus outbreak was done on purpose by the Chinese govt, to start a bio war on USA, as due to lunar year all Chinese from allover the world go to China, and thus infect all of them with the virus and send them back to their countries. This was done due to them losing trade war with US. What do you guys think? yay or nay?

Comment

Originally posted by Flame Saber View Post
        So. there is a rumor going on and about, how this virus outbreak was done on purpose by the Chinese govt, to start a bio war on USA, as due to lunar year all Chinese from allover the world go to China, and thus infect all of them with the virus and send them back to their countries. This was done due to them losing trade war with US. What do you guys think? yay or nay?
        Yeah, that sounds pretty conspiratorial given the circumstances, even for a government as shady as the CCP. If they wanted a virus outbreak to bite the US in the ass, I don't think they'd have done it this way, because then that means they'd have purposely released the virus on some of the most populated centers in China...a tactical fuck up too big to do if that was their plan, honestly.

I think at worst the Chinese government just fucked up handling a virus (in a lab) and it broke out and at best they just...fucked up handling a virus outbreak.
        Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; February 1st, 2020, 04:29 AM.

Comment

You don't have to eat an infected animal to contract viruses
          Imagine not having antivirus in 2020

Comment

But really tho, I think we're focusing on the wrong issues here...

CNN's here to wake us up.

Comment

About 300 people died out of like 14k cases, big deal
              Its funny cause people are wearing face masks in NYC even though it hasnt been confirmed here

Comment

Sounds like the type of stupid shit you would believe

Comment

Why would China sabatage billions of dollars worth of product just because of something petty as that? Not to mention this is contradicted by their bitch fit on anyone mentioning bats.

Comment

Originally posted by OsamaBinBallin View Post
                    About 300 people died out of like 14k cases, big deal
                    Its funny cause people are wearing face masks in NYC even though it hasnt been confirmed here
                    The virus can spread during its incubation period (14 days) before any symptoms appear
                    by the time the first case is "confirmed" it will already be too late.

Comment

Originally posted by Post-Crisis Shob View Post
                      *angry Shob noises*
                      well, this isnt exactly intended as a general discussion thread, lol, though i guess it did turn into that now

Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post

Exactly. Humanity as a species has gotten plenty of viruses from animals we kept as pets.
                      I mean, this is more about pandemics, but even this 'counter'-argument is a point for veganism considering all the harm and evil that comes from puppy mills and animal shelters. Unless you all suddenly think that gas chambers aren't immoral for some dumb carnist reason lol

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post

well, this isnt exactly intended as a general discussion thread, lol, though i guess it did turn into that now

I mean, this is more about pandemics, but even this 'counter'-argument is a point for veganism considering all the harm and evil that comes from puppy mills and animal shelters. Unless you all suddenly think that gas chambers aren't immoral for some dumb carnist reason lol
                        Am I reading this right?

Did you just equate puppy mills to gas chambers?

Please clarify.

Comment

Am I reading this right?

Please clarify.
                          Picking up a dog from the shelter is no different than participating in the slave trade, Massa.

Comment

Am I reading this right?

Please clarify.
                            Right, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you didn't watch the Earthlings documentary, given how it absolutely exposes your speciesist worldview for what it is. Do some reading and realize the untold lives you are destroying by endorsing breeders and mills.

https://www.aspca.org/barred-from-love/puppy-mills-101

https://www.humanesociety.org/all-ou...ng-puppy-mills

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...-mills-112161/

I personally don't have a particularly strong stance on whether or not it's moral to keep pets. I would certainly contest the idea of having ownership over a living creature, as that will inevitably lead to the twisted society we have today where people think it's socially acceptable to be completely stupid about the mass suffering and death they are causing for their own amusement since these lives are seen as property.

Comment

Originally posted by Max View Post

Picking up a dog from the shelter is no different than participating in the slave trade, Massa.
                              I actually never said anything about picking up an animal from a shelter. I said shelters themselves were immoral. They regularly gas animals when they run out of room to house them, which happens because people go to puppy mills instead of going to a shelter.

Comment

Not to mention evidence points towards this virus starting outside the market and spreading INTO it by human-human contact.

Comment

Not to mention evidence points towards this virus starting outside the market and spreading INTO it by human-human contact.
                                  Lol alright Louay since you want to play it that way instead of responding to me directly, can you post this evidence? Because there are a plethora of theories from bioweapons to batsoup and yet the one commonality they all have - YOURS included - is that the market played a key role in spreading the virus around and turning it into a pandemic. Keep in mind that H1N1 and the spanish flu were brought about thanks to animal agriculture as well.

Comment

Lol alright Louay since you want to play it that way instead of responding to me directly, can you post this evidence? Because there are a plethora of theories from bioweapons to batsoup and yet the one commonality they all have - YOURS included - is that the market played a key role in spreading the virus around and turning it into a pandemic. Keep in mind that H1N1 and the spanish flu were brought about thanks to animal agriculture as well.
                                    The Spanish Flu sucked as much as it did because the US military went “What was that...nah it’s probably nothing” when sending their troops to France in 1917, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post

The Spanish Flu sucked as much as it did because the US military went “What was that...nah it’s probably nothing” when sending their troops to France in 1917, lol.
                                      It was exacerbated by poor conditions and the strain of war overall, sure, but that doesn't change the fact that it still came about thanks to animals. You never hear about this shit with plants, and in the rare occasion that you do have some smaller outbreak it's usually something like e coli which only happens because of animal products(or byproduct, in this case). Spanish flu probably never would have happened in a vegan world

Comment

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020...ading-globally
                                        Given how contagious these viruses usually are, it only takes a single person getting infected for it to become a possible pandemic. The way you get it, passing by a food market or just from contact with random animals, becomes irrelevant once that single person contracts the virus. It caused that animal virus to infecr humans more quickly, sure, but to say it may have never happened if it weren't for food markets and farms is pure conjecture.
                                        You know what most markets also have, besides animals? Lots of people. That, and airborne viruses, are a recipe for disaster. That's likely how the Wuhan seafood market came into the picture. Not because of bat soup.
                                        i don't even remember seeing your original reply by the way lol, my b

Comment

Right, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you didn't watch the Earthlings documentary, given how it absolutely exposes your speciesist worldview for what it is. Do some reading and realize the untold lives you are destroying by endorsing breeders and mills.

https://www.aspca.org/barred-from-love/puppy-mills-101

https://www.humanesociety.org/all-ou...ng-puppy-mills

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...-mills-112161/

I personally don't have a particularly strong stance on whether or not it's moral to keep pets. I would certainly contest the idea of having ownership over a living creature, as that will inevitably lead to the twisted society we have today where people think it's socially acceptable to be completely stupid about the mass suffering and death they are causing for their own amusement since these lives are seen as property.

That's deflecting the question I asked. Are you equating puppy mills to gas chambers? Please clarify. This is an easy yes or no question.

I also never said puppy mills were ok, nor do I promote them but to me they are miles away from gas chambers.

Comment

Working...
                                          X