Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What were the contributing factors to MvC’s downfall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What were the contributing factors to MvC’s downfall?

Serious question.

when we weren't allow to say nig-

uh when uoeno took shitposting to a whole new level
    Originally posted by Kajin_Style
    I have this illness called "Having-a-Heart" and gives me this irrational sense of empathy and care for my fellow man.

Comment

An absentee webmaster, obviously. We'd probably all still be there if Bjarne had taken the time to make some adjustments and improvements once in a blue moon.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post
        An absentee webmaster, obviously. We'd probably all still be there if Bjarne had taken the time to make some adjustments and improvements once in a blue moon.
        I’m not convinced Bjarne’s involvement would’ve made much of a difference.

Comment

Actually, I'm pretty content with the oh-so called "quality members" migrating to another rathole, being a bunch of parasytes and shitting up yet, another forum in the same sense as Moviecodec. You can sort of say this is the death and rebirth of this forum; There'll be no more egotistical, self-entitled elitist "Veterans" who are condescending to junior members for not sharing the same post count or registration date as them. Or worse yet, thinking they have some sort of relevance just because they are popular amongst other users. (As if being popular to a rathole like MvC is any big accomplishment, rofl)

This site wasn't ruined by the junior members, this site wasn't ruined by Gallavant. It was long since ruined by those condescending elitist pricks, who generally treat junior members with contempt and revulsion. Oftentimes when they have done nothing wrong but register at a later year. As a result, this hatred Moviecodec has for junior members gets transmitted to another user who has been a member for more than a year or so and this repeats over and over again as years goes by because, you know, hatred is one of those emotions/attitudes that is contagious.

Really, they can stick to their bubble and enjoy their comfort zone in that new containment forum of theirs. It's bound to be ruined by the same condescending elitists, as over time they breed, increase their numbers of post, and spawn an entire inbred forum monarchy, which actively seeks to rule the "2015, 2016er, etc" of the board with an iron fist. It's bound to go shit with them being the parasites they are. Gallavant wasn't in the wrong about the members, they are extremely hypocritical, narrow-minded, anarchistic and generally cruel.
          Originally posted by #83.6666666667;n457918

That 1/3 is more than ~5% you idiot, but less than 2/3. That makes it most of the population but less than the greatest amount.

Comment

Originally posted by DurdenH View Post
            Actually, I'm pretty content with the oh-so called "quality members" migrating to another rathole, being a bunch of parasytes and shitting up yet, another forum in the same sense as Moviecodec. You can sort of say this is the death and rebirth of this forum; There'll be no more egotistical, self-entitled elitist "Veterans" who are condescending to junior members for not sharing the same post count or registration date as them. Or worse yet, thinking they have some sort of relevance just because they are popular amongst other users. (As if being popular to a rathole like MvC is any big accomplishment, rofl)

This site wasn't ruined by the junior members, this site wasn't ruined by Gallavant. It was long since ruined by those condescending elitist pricks, who generally treat junior members with contempt and revulsion. Oftentimes when they have done nothing wrong but register at a later year. As a result, this hatred Moviecodec has for junior members gets transmitted to another user who has been a member for more than a year or so and this repeats over and over again as years goes by because, you know, hatred is one of those emotions/attitudes that is contagious.

Really, they can stick to their bubble and enjoy their comfort zone in that new containment forum of theirs. It's bound to be ruined by the same condescending elitists, as over time they breed, increase their numbers of post, and spawn an entire inbred forum monarchy, which actively seeks to rule the "2015, 2016er, etc" of the board with an iron fist. It's bound to go shit with them being the parasites they are. Gallavant wasn't in the wrong about the members, they are extremely hypocritical, narrow-minded, anarchistic and generally cruel.
            based
            I have this illness called "Having-a-Heart" and gives me this irrational sense of empathy and care for my fellow man.

Comment

Originally posted by Ziku View Post

I’m not convinced Bjarne’s involvement would’ve made much of a difference.
              Members wanted changes made. There were a dozen topics every month asking for new features, themes, updates, bug fixes, etc. In the final year or so the userpages got screwed up, search function was broken, and all the admins were demoted except for Tigger. And all the while, Bjarne would pop in once a year and promise a dozen updates, changes, and fixes that he would never actually deliver. The exploit that allowed Gallavant and Ueneo to lock everyone out of their accounts persisted for months before Bjarne could be asked to log in and fix it. I'm pretty sure the search function is still busted to this day.

If Bjarne had at least checked in once a week and took care of business when he did, T5 wouldn't even exist because it wouldn't have any need to exist. Only reason MvC began rapidly loosing all of it's members initially is because it became tedious to post thanks to the constant spam, hacking, and bugs. And then I made T5 for the ones who were still trying to hang around and that put the final nail in the coffin. It's was all Bjarne's fault. 99% of the site's issues started and ended with him.
              Last edited by Cid; September 26th, 2019, 02:21 PM.

Comment

so just why was/is bjarne so damn lazy that he couldn't check on his own site and fix a few things every once in a while

Comment

• Cid
                  Cid commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's a good question. Used to think it was because he was just too busy. But considering my own experiences these past four years, I now know that's not the case.

Gallvant.

Comment

Bjane's negligence, which allowed for Gallavant's legion of ressurected madbros to wreak havoc upon that website

It wasnt the hazing, I went through that myself and came out the other side a massively popular autismo after taking many e-souls. anyone crying about being called a homosexual is a pussy tbh
                  Last edited by Helly; September 26th, 2019, 05:36 PM.

Comment

welcome back

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post
                      Bjane's negligence, which allowed for Gallavant's legion of ressurected madbros to wreak havoc upon that website

It wasnt the hazing, I went through that myself and came out the other side a massively popular autismo after taking many e-souls. anyone crying about being called a homosexual is a pussy tbh
                      I don't really get the hazing complaints. Maybe it was worse in later years when I wasn't so active. But I remember becoming incredibly popular within a year joining. I mean, I was an admin by 2007, just a over a year after I joined. And that was via popular vote. lol.

Newbies weren't treated badly, at least not in my time. Now, the VS sections were always very toxic. But VS was practically a different site with different members from the rest of the place. And it wasn't just new members that got shat on in VS. Everyone did because VS was probably the most autistic thing anyone could possibly do on the internet.

We were very chill outside of VS.

Comment

For starters, your shit posting

Comment

I don't really get the hazing complaints. Maybe it was worse in later years when I wasn't so active. But I remember becoming incredibly popular within a year joining. I mean, I was an admin by 2007, just a over a year after I joined. And that was via popular vote. lol.

Newbies weren't treated badly, at least not in my time. Now, the VS sections were always very toxic. But VS was practically a different site with different members from the rest of the place. And it wasn't just new members that got shat on in VS. Everyone did because VS was probably the most autistic thing anyone could possibly do on the internet.

It started around 2013 that I really noticed people shit-talking newer members, and it was almost constant by the end of 2014. Even so, that had very little to do with it imo, although I mostly got along with everyone so maybe it wasn't directed toward me.
                          Originally posted by Wade
                          Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
                            It started around 2013 that I really noticed people shit-talking newer members, and it was almost constant by the end of 2014. Even so, that had very little to do with it imo, although I mostly got along with everyone so maybe it wasn't directed toward me.
                            From what little I remember, a lot of the people that got dogged on a lot really deserved it. They weren't attacked because they were new, it was because they constantly said really stupid crap.

Comment

it was chill when i registered the OG account as well, but i was referring more to when i came back much later after Tyrant and Moses and Sheko and co had changed the meta from frenly forum to 4chan lite. Even during those times and the time DurdenH joined mvc, though, the people who got put on blast were done that way because they said something dumb or cringe or something that otherwise called attention to themselves. there were plenty of people who were just chill and joined without a problem, though, like Orgy and a few others. Snad settled in just fine even tho he was both vs-forum and a pig-disgusting sonicfag, lol. I had a rough time because.....well....you all remember who Sleepy was, LOL

Comment

From what little I remember, a lot of the people that got dogged on a lot really deserved it. They weren't attacked because they were new, it was because they constantly said really stupid crap.
                                To a certain extent, but joining in 2013 or 2014 was a badge of dishonor by default.
                                Originally posted by Wade
                                Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

cool your floppy tits, fluxy

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
                                    To a certain extent, but joining in 2013 or 2014 was a badge of dishonor by default.
                                    To be fair, ALOT of 2013 - 2014ers were basically literal children and thus retarded by definition. Much like here, activity slowed down and picked up based on where we were in a school year, and it became especially apparent during those years. So much so that there were several threads about it.

Comment

I don't disagree that VS culture was beyond caustic, but you did have certain outliers like the weab crew acting as the main site's popular kids club.

Comment

Working...
                                      X