Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jordan Peterson going to rehab over clonazepam addiction.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jordan Peterson going to rehab over clonazepam addiction.....

https://heraldpublicist.com/jordan-p...cer-diagnosis/

Sad stuff, man :/ I hope him a speedy recovery, he needs to get back out there and continue being a force for good ASAP....

I wouldn't call him a force for good, but I guess at least he's admitting he has a problem a problem and he's seeking to heal himself. Maybe his questionable views were the product of his addiction and he'll have a new outlook once he's off the stuff.

Comment

even though he supports israel and made a fool of himself against zizek, his actual lectures are pretty interesting and he always seemed to me to have a lot of stress built up so I hope he gets the help he needs
      Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
      Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post
        I wouldn't call him a force for good, but I guess at least he's admitting he has a problem a problem and he's seeking to heal himself. Maybe his questionable views were the product of his addiction and he'll have a new outlook once he's off the stuff.
        I mean, he's helped alot of young people get their shit together. I myself became able to cast aside alot of my old hedonism, nihilism, and general pessimism towards people thanks to his talks. You guys all remember how I was, lol, I dont need to further elaborate on how destructive and selfish Old Helly was when he was still around.....well, JP helped me with alot of that. At a critical time, too, since my family was about to face total hell with the cancer diagnosis of my mother and then my grandmother mere weeks later. If it hadn't been for the help and insight I had found in JP, I don't think I'd be here right now with all the crazy shit that happened during my mother and grandmother's battle with cancer and after they both passed. I sincerely don't think I would have been able to handle all of that immense heartbreak on my own with the way I was.

JP gets alot of flak for his hyperbole and a few of his more controversial views, I get it. Even people like JP are victim to biases and he tries to retrofit everything to his anti-"cultural marxist" lense the same way everyone else tries to sort people into neat black-and-white categories through their own lenses of reality, but discounting the good he has done would be a grevious mistake, friendo.

Comment

jordan peterson also saved my life by telling me to wash my penis
          Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post

I mean, he's helped alot of young people get their shit together. I myself became able to cast aside alot of my old hedonism, nihilism, and general pessimism towards people thanks to his talks. You guys all remember how I was, lol, I dont need to further elaborate on how destructive and selfish Old Helly was when he was still around.....well, JP helped me with alot of that. At a critical time, too, since my family was about to face total hell with the cancer diagnosis of my mother and then my grandmother mere weeks later. If it hadn't been for the help and insight I had found in JP, I don't think I'd be here right now with all the crazy shit that happened during my mother and grandmother's battle with cancer and after they both passed. I sincerely don't think I would have been able to handle all of that immense heartbreak on my own with the way I was.

JP gets alot of flak for his hyperbole and a few of his more controversial views, I get it. Even people like JP are victim to biases and he tries to retrofit everything to his anti-"cultural marxist" lense the same way everyone else tries to sort people into neat black-and-white categories through their own lenses of reality, but discounting the good he has done would be a grevious mistake, friendo.
            All of that might be true, but he still came out as being anti-climate change last year. And people like that do not need any kind of public platform. The politicization of science is disgusting and doesn't do anyone any good whatsoever. I don't have a shred of respect to anyone that jumps on the corporate bandwagon and slurs the name of the thousands of scientists that have dedicated their lives to trying to prevent the biggest human-made disaster we've ever faced.

Comment

Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post
              jordan peterson also saved my life by telling me to wash my penis
              bruno why are you so goddamned retarded, goddamnit. where in my post did i imply anything that simple. I'm talking about dealing with problematic and snakey family members whose darkness was so sickening it made me hate humans, not about the "clean ur room" meme. his lectures helped me to understand the inherent unfairness of life and the tragedy of humankind, and how to combat these things for my sake and the sake of my sisters.

All of that might be true, but he still came out as being anti-climate change last year. And people like that do not need any kind of public platform. The politicization of science is disgusting and doesn't do anyone any good whatsoever. I don't have a shred of respect to anyone that jumps on the corporate bandwagon and slurs the name of the thousands of scientists that have dedicated their lives to trying to prevent the biggest human-made disaster we've ever faced.
              Eh, did he? I could be wrong, but I think what he said was that it's a highly politicized issue and it's often unclear whether someone is in one climate change camp or another whether because they sincerely believe the evidence or because the general consensus of their party - be it republican or democrat - says things to be one way or another.

Comment

bruno why are you so goddamned retarded, goddamnit. where in my post did i imply anything that simple. I'm talking about dealing with problematic and snakey family members whose darkness was so sickening it made me hate humans, not about the "clean ur room" meme. his lectures helped me to understand the inherent unfairness of life and the tragedy of humankind, and how to combat these things for my sake and the sake of my sisters.
                i'm just memeing my gay, don't get so mad
                i'm sure washing your penis is valuable advice

Comment

Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post
                  i'm just memeing my gay, don't get so mad
                  i'm sure washing your penis is valuable advice
                  to you, probably. i can imagine clean penises are a great concern for u

Comment

That's a yikes, man. Hope he kicks it.
                    Originally posted by Wade
                    Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

He's a complete charlatan, not surprised at all.
                      Originally posted by Helly;n542091
                      Also, lol @ "I'm busy". You admit you have no life and go to many forums, and in the same post lie about havingLmao. Go work on your fictitious "dream" instead of wasting your time lying to us about how important you are.

Comment

• Helly
                        Helly commented
                        Editing a comment
                        ^Has no YT channel after a year

Eh, did he? I could be wrong, but I think what he said was that it's a highly politicized issue and it's often unclear whether someone is in one climate change camp or another whether because they sincerely believe the evidence or because the general consensus of their party - be it republican or democrat - says things to be one way or another.
                      https://cleantechnica.com/2018/12/20...er-of-science/

They embedded some of his tweets. He also released a book where he dogged environmentalists and questioned whether humans contribute to climate change.

And his opinions here are all pretty much garbage. He boldly claims that it's "hard separate the science and politics" but... It's not. The only side that blurs the lines is the right. The left basically repeats the scientists verbatim. This is a pretty black and white issue. It's not like abortion or immigration where there's a bit of grey in the middle that gets exploited by both sides for political gain. This is a purely scientific issue where an overwhelming majority of climate scientists share a single opinion. So any resistance to it outside of new data from reputable sources is just outright wrong.

In short, Peterson is absolutely politicizing science and it's reprehensible.
                      Last edited by Cid; September 22nd, 2019, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
                        That's a yikes, man. Hope he kicks it.
                        I too hope he kicks the bucket

Comment

https://cleantechnica.com/2018/12/20...er-of-science/

They embedded some of his tweets. He also released a book where he dogged environmentalists and questioned whether humans contribute to climate change.

And his opinions here are all pretty much garbage. He boldly claims that it's "hard separate the science and politics" but... It's not. The only side that blurs the lines is the right. The left basically repeats the scientists verbatim. This is a pretty black and white issue. It's not like abortion or immigration where there's a bit of grey in the middle that gets exploited by both sides for political gain. This is a purely scientific issue where an overwhelming majority of climate scientists share a single opinion. So any resistance to it outside of new data from reputable sources is just outright wrong.

In short, Peterson is absolutely politicizing science and it's reprehensible.
                          I am a bit iffy on this source, honestly....I mean, there is no such thing as an unbiased source, but this Barnard character is very overt with his prejudices. For one, Peterson never said he refuses to address his students by their preferred pronouns - and to this day, no evidence of misgendering on his part has ever surfaced even though he's supposedly a rabid transphobe - he's merely said that he's against legislating compelled speech.

The second thing is the "lolsuit" meme. Peterson has the right to such things when what has been said are blatant slanders and defamation. Mind you, he has been called every "-ist" and "-phobe" under the sun and often over very trite things.

The third thing is this idea that he "quietly protested" the alt-right. This is blatantly untrue, as Peterson has gotten all sorts of flak for deplatforming far-right figures from events he was involved with in the past.

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to do some digging of my own and see if there wasn't any surrounding context missing from those Tweets before deciding that JP is a climate denier. I can't trust Michael Barnard's journalism after what he's displayed here alone.

Comment

I am a bit iffy on this source, honestly....I mean, there is no such thing as an unbiased source, but this Barnard character is very overt with his prejudices. For one, Peterson never said he refuses to address his students by their preferred pronouns - and to this day, no evidence of misgendering on his part has ever surfaced even though he's supposedly a rabid transphobe - he's merely said that he's against legislating compelled speech.

The second thing is the "lolsuit" meme. Peterson has the right to such things when what has been said are blatant slanders and defamation. Mind you, he has been called every "-ist" and "-phobe" under the sun and often over very trite things.

The third thing is this idea that he "quietly protested" the alt-right. This is blatantly untrue, as Peterson has gotten all sorts of flak for deplatforming far-right figures from events he was involved with in the past.

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to do some digging of my own and see if there wasn't any surrounding context missing from those Tweets before deciding that JP is a climate denier. I can't trust Michael Barnard's journalism after what he's displayed here alone.
                            Tweets can't have missing context, mate. They're 240 character one and done statements.

Besides, you can straight up click on those tweets and be taken right to the source so you can see for yourself. It's the only reason I posted that particular article, because it had embedded those tweets directly as opposed to just taking screenshots of them.

https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/...71336333574144

I mean... There dude. That's the tweet. There's no tweet thread where he's talking about something lengthy so it's not out of context. He's just straight up supporting the bogus claim that excessive CO2 in the atmosphere is good. We know it isn't because we can observe Venus. Peterson is and always has been an opportunist, mate. He jumps on whatever bandwagon will make him the most money. Being anti-climate change is much more lucrative than being pro-science.

Comment

I mean... I can probably find more, if you need further proof that he's incredibly fond of using junk science to propagate a conservative lie.

Comment

I mean... I can probably find more, if you need further proof that he's incredibly fond of using junk science to propagate a conservative lie.
                                Nah, these are sufficiently damning. They should have included these instead, they are much less ambiguous lol.

Yea, Peterson's a kook here. Still, I think it would be a mistake to deplatform him, since we've already seen what that does for him. He's basically built his whole career off marketing himself as a martyr at this point.

If you're going to ask me "what is the answer, then, goddamnit, in your opinion," I honestly don't know. In an ideal world, we would just pit his side against the other and people would be informed enough to see that JP is way out of his depth in this area, but like I said everyone likes to sort people into neat categories. Meaning tbat those on JP's side will agree with him and those on the other will remain on the other. And then there's the whole slippery slope thing, but everyone seems to disregard that out of frustration nowadays. So yea, idk, I have no answer that I find satisfying at this moment, if I'm to be completely honest.

Comment

Nah, these are sufficiently damning. They should have included these instead, they are much less ambiguous lol.

Yea, Peterson's a kook here. Still, I think it would be a mistake to deplatform him, since we've already seen what that does for him. He's basically built his whole career off marketing himself as a martyr at this point.

If you're going to ask me "what is the answer, then, goddamnit, in your opinion," I honestly don't know. In an ideal world, we would just pit his side against the other and people would be informed enough to see that JP is way out of his depth in this area, but like I said everyone likes to sort people into neat categories. Meaning tbat those on JP's side will agree with him and those on the other will remain on the other. And then there's the whole slippery slope thing, but everyone seems to disregard that out of frustration nowadays. So yea, idk, I have no answer that I find satisfying at this moment, if I'm to be completely honest.
                                  The only real answer is education. Kids need to be guided through the process of critical thinking. Because it's a skill that seems to be sorely lacking from an overwhelming majority of people. I cannot count the number of times I've butted head with climate change deniers and have posted scientific article after scientific article just to be called a sheep or told that I'm being mislead. It's because they're not smart enough to read the data and determine, for themselves, that they're the ones being lied to and mislead... And Peterson plays to that base very well, unfortunately. The least intelligent among us absolutely love it when somebody with a degree in something tells them that they're right and all the smart people who do the research for a living are wrong.

Comment

The only real answer is education. Kids need to be guided through the process of critical thinking. Because it's a skill that seems to be sorely lacking from an overwhelming majority of people. I cannot count the number of times I've butted head with climate change deniers and have posted scientific article after scientific article just to be called a sheep or told that I'm being mislead. It's because they're not smart enough to read the data and determine, for themselves, that they're the ones being lied to and mislead... And Peterson plays to that base very well, unfortunately. The least intelligent among us absolutely love it when somebody with a degree in something tells them that they're right and all the smart people who do the research for a living are wrong.
                                    That would help in the department of climate change, sure, but things like that are symptomatic of a greater tragedy. Most of the population in general just doesn't know how to think, and I don't mean just in the science department. Dealing with cognitive dissonance in general is a massively troubling thing for most people, be it in regards to a question of science or merely a person or ethic that is valuable to them in some way. You and I are living proof, are we not? It certainly wasn't easy for me to come to grips with the fact that my church had been telling me so many vacuous things, and everything just fell apart and we had to take stock of ourselves and re-imagine our beliefs in a new framework, and then also provide our foundations for them......and I would say - hopefully without sounding like an asshole, lol - that we're probably pretty smart? Maybe? Idk, lol.....certain sociopaths who hate me think that I have this very overblown image of myself, but I am actually extremely hesitant to make such statements with 100% sincerity.

Anyway...

Education would be a great first step, but in the end they would still be drones....just more polished and textbook-savvy drones, which isn't necessarily a worse thing, just not satisfying enough of an outcome for me.

Comment

That would help in the department of climate change, sure, but things like that are symptomatic of a greater tragedy. Most of the population in general just doesn't know how to think, and I don't mean just in the science department. Dealing with cognitive dissonance in general is a massively troubling thing for most people, be it in regards to a question of science or merely a person or ethic that is valuable to them in some way. You and I are living proof, are we not? It certainly wasn't easy for me to come to grips with the fact that my church had been telling me so many vacuous things, and everything just fell apart and we had to take stock of ourselves and re-imagine our beliefs in a new framework, and then also provide our foundations for them......and I would say - hopefully without sounding like an asshole, lol - that we're probably pretty smart? Maybe? Idk, lol.....certain sociopaths who hate me think that I have this very overblown image of myself, but I am actually extremely hesitant to make such statements with 100% sincerity.

Anyway...

Education would be a great first step, but in the end they would still be drones....just more polished and textbook-savvy drones, which isn't necessarily a worse thing, just not satisfying enough of an outcome for me.
                                      I disagree. Education leads to intellectual freedom. People who are educated are much less likely to blindly follow anything. But I guess biases can still play a role, even an intelligent person can stop looking for more information if a little research seems to confirm their own biases. But again, if you're teaching how to think critically and how to exhaust all possibilities before staking a claim, then it could still greatly reduce the possibility that people would just jump on a bandwagon for the sake of it.

Comment

Working...
                                      X