Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I a Genius

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #21
    Originally posted by Helly View Post

    More excuses and now a smear, tell me how many people have read your work? Oh that's right, none, meanwhile Isaac has the respect of legitimate academics. Ignorance is no excuse, you haven't read it because you're a filthy casual who knows almost nothing about history.
    Where do you get that he's a respected by academics? Yeah, I am a casual compared to people that are actual historians. You on the other hand aren't even a casual. You googled racism in ancient times and got that result, I don't see why you're insinuating that you're well read.

    As for the topic, when I did a search on Benjamin I came across this:

    Before Color Prejudice by Frank M. Snowden
    "In this richly illustrated account of black-white contacts from the Pharaohs to the Caesars, Frank Snowden demonstrates that the ancients did not discriminate against blacks because of their color.

    For three thousand years Mediterranean whites intermittently came in contact with African blacks in commerce and war, and left a record of these encounters in art and in written documents. The blacks--most commonly known as Kushites, Ethiopians, or Nubians--were redoubtable warriors and commanded the respect of their white adversaries. The overall view of blacks was highly favorable. In science, philosophy, and religion color was not the basis of theories concerning inferior peoples. And early Christianity saw in the black man a dramatic symbol of its catholic mission.

    This book sheds light on the reasons for the absence in antiquity of virulent color prejudice and for the difference in attitudes of whites toward blacks in ancient and modern societies."
    ​​​​​​

    https://books.google.com/books/about...ok_description

    You can actually do a background check on Frank M. Snowden and very easily see that he's a distinguished academic and is speaking from authority as he talks about things he specializes in.

    You can't even do proper google searches, otherwise you'd have seen this already.
    Originally posted by Helly;n542091
    Also, lol @ "I'm busy". You admit you have no life and go to many forums, and in the same post lie about havingLmao. Go work on your fictitious "dream" instead of wasting your time lying to us about how important you are.

    Comment


      #22
      Originally posted by #83.6666666667 View Post

      Where do you get that he's a respected by academics? Yeah, I am a casual compared to people that are actual historians. You on the other hand aren't even a casual. You googled racism in ancient times and got that result, I don't see why you're insinuating that you're well read.

      As for the topic, when I did a search on Benjamin I came across this:

      Before Color Prejudice by Frank M. Snowden
      "In this richly illustrated account of black-white contacts from the Pharaohs to the Caesars, Frank Snowden demonstrates that the ancients did not discriminate against blacks because of their color.

      For three thousand years Mediterranean whites intermittently came in contact with African blacks in commerce and war, and left a record of these encounters in art and in written documents. The blacks--most commonly known as Kushites, Ethiopians, or Nubians--were redoubtable warriors and commanded the respect of their white adversaries. The overall view of blacks was highly favorable. In science, philosophy, and religion color was not the basis of theories concerning inferior peoples. And early Christianity saw in the black man a dramatic symbol of its catholic mission.

      This book sheds light on the reasons for the absence in antiquity of virulent color prejudice and for the difference in attitudes of whites toward blacks in ancient and modern societies."


      https://books.google.com/books/about...ok_description

      You can actually do a background check on Frank M. Snowden and very easily see that he's a distinguished academic and is speaking from authority as he talks about things he specializes in.

      You can't even do proper google searches, otherwise you'd have seen this already.
      From the reviews he has gotten. So, you admit you're a complete pleb and yet you have the audacity to slander someone far more knowledgeable than you?


      I have seen this already, and it has nothing to do with the topic at all. No one is talking about Jim Crow laws, we're just talking about racial awareness which the ancients undoubtedly possessed. They used different colours to depict people from different nations, they viewed people of their own creeds as being superior - which doesn't always mean they're going to stick people in ovens, just like I won't net you and put you on a leash though you're worth even less than an animal - and they wrote texts which the GENIUS Benjamin Isaac examined and exposed as being clear-cut "proto"-racism, though I would just call it "racism" since many of the texts are alluding to what are essentially geographical races.
      Last edited by Helly; September 14th, 2019, 11:51 AM.

      Comment


        #23
        Originally posted by Helly View Post

        From the reviews he has gotten. So, you admit you're a complete pleb and yet you have the audacity to slander someone far more knowledgeable than you?


        I have seen this already, and it has nothing to do with the topic at all. No one is talking about Jim Crow laws, we're just talking about racial awareness which the ancients undoubtedly possessed. They used different colours to depict people from different nations, they viewed people of their own creeds as being superior - which doesn't always mean they're going to stick people in ovens, just like I won't net you and put you on a leash though you're worth even less than an animal - and they wrote texts which the GENIUS Benjamin Isaac examined and exposed as being clear-cut "proto"-racism, though I would just call it "racism" since many of the texts are alluding to what are essentially geographical races.
        What reviews and by who?

        Typical pivot. Nobody said ancients didn't see skin color differences. Yeah because creed is part of culture, again has nothing to do with what we're talking about. And yes, no one is talking about Jim crow laws I don't know why you're bringing it up.

        This proto racism is nothing but hogwash. Distinguishing skin color is not the same as discriminating because of it and holding someone as inferior because of it.
        Originally posted by Helly;n542091
        Also, lol @ "I'm busy". You admit you have no life and go to many forums, and in the same post lie about havingLmao. Go work on your fictitious "dream" instead of wasting your time lying to us about how important you are.

        Comment


          #24
          Originally posted by #83.6666666667 View Post

          What reviews and by who?

          Typical pivot. Nobody said ancients didn't see skin color differences. Yeah because creed is part of culture, again has nothing to do with what we're talking about. And yes, no one is talking about Jim crow laws I don't know why you're bringing it up.

          This proto racism is nothing but hogwash. Distinguishing skin color is not the same as discriminating because of it and holding someone as inferior because of it.
          Reviews by actual academics, who do you think?

          It's not a pivot, you are claiming they didn't put importance on race and I schooled you again by showing otherwise. Creed and race are not mutually exclusive. You brought up discrimination for some reason, that's why I mentioned Jim Crow.

          If it's hogwash, why haven't you refuted it? You can't, simple, and you're just doing everything you can to dodge the point. The ancients spoke several times about geographical races and how their environment created better people in a Goldilocks-type analogy, heck the summary I sent you contained a few examples of it and you were utterly speechless because of how thoroughly destroyed you were. How can you call yourself a history fanatic or whatever when somehow I can just step into a thread at any time and embarrass you on it? No sense whatsoever. I hope you do write your 'book' so I can publish a response and embarrass you in front of your heroes. Lol.

          Comment


            #25
            Originally posted by Helly View Post

            Reviews by actual academics, who do you think?

            It's not a pivot, you are claiming they didn't put importance on race and I schooled you again by showing otherwise. Creed and race are not mutually exclusive. You brought up discrimination for some reason, that's why I mentioned Jim Crow.

            If it's hogwash, why haven't you refuted it? You can't, simple, and you're just doing everything you can to dodge the point. The ancients spoke several times about geographical races and how their environment created better people in a Goldilocks-type analogy, heck the summary I sent you contained a few examples of it and you were utterly speechless because of how thoroughly destroyed you were. How can you call yourself a history fanatic or whatever when somehow I can just step into a thread at any time and embarrass you on it? No sense whatsoever. I hope you do write your 'book' so I can publish a response and embarrass you in front of your heroes. Lol.
            I haven't seen any. Post them.

            You have no idea what words are. Again you're changing the goal post. I've said this once and I guess ill say it again: the ancients didn't have the same concept of race as we do today, nor did they place the same importance. Nobody cares is is disputing that people saw color back in the day.
            Creed and race aren't the similar at all. You must be retarded.
            Yeah you're retarded. Nobody was talking about JC.

            What summary are you talking about? I honestly think you're mentally ill. Some rando can go up to a historian and tell him aliens made the pyramids and completely believe he's right and owned the historian, sure. Delusional people usually think they're right when they are wrong. You're a perfect example of someone with a legitimate mental illness that needs treatment.
            Originally posted by Helly;n542091
            Also, lol @ "I'm busy". You admit you have no life and go to many forums, and in the same post lie about havingLmao. Go work on your fictitious "dream" instead of wasting your time lying to us about how important you are.

            Comment


              #26
              Originally posted by #83.6666666667 View Post

              I haven't seen any. Post them.

              You have no idea what words are. Again you're changing the goal post. I've said this once and I guess ill say it again: the ancients didn't have the same concept of race as we do today, nor did they place the same importance. Nobody cares is is disputing that people saw color back in the day.
              Creed and race aren't the similar at all. You must be retarded.
              Yeah you're retarded. Nobody was talking about JC.

              What summary are you talking about? I honestly think you're mentally ill. Some rando can go up to a historian and tell him aliens made the pyramids and completely believe he's right and owned the historian, sure. Delusional people usually think they're right when they are wrong. You're a perfect example of someone with a legitimate mental illness that needs treatment.
              Wait, why are you asking me to post them when I already have? Go look for them in that thread, dude, it's not my responsibility to provide my own evidence when it already exists. lol

              Comment


                #27
                Originally posted by Helly View Post

                Wait, why are you asking me to post them when I already have? Go look for them in that thread, dude, it's not my responsibility to provide my own evidence when it already exists. lol
                I've been asking you to post the thread since the beginning because I don't remember what thread it was. It's your responsibility because now this is a different conversation. This is really simple to understand. I don't know why you're having such a hard time understanding how debates work.
                Originally posted by Helly;n542091
                Also, lol @ "I'm busy". You admit you have no life and go to many forums, and in the same post lie about havingLmao. Go work on your fictitious "dream" instead of wasting your time lying to us about how important you are.

                Comment

                Working...
                X