Explain to me how Greece is considered European

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by #83.6666666667 View Post
    It's a weak link because it is a vague concept. Christianity is a faith that changes and moves. If Germany becomes a Islamic tomorrow is it no longer European?

I still want to know what you mean by your culture.
    Bruh Europe is an established place at this point with an established history and culture. And that history and culture started with Christianity, or was largely dependent on it. It doesn't matter what the future holds, you can't be this much of a brainlet

What the fuck do you even mean, do you know what culture is
    Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
    Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

The way I see it is that Greece would probably be more Turkish/Egyptian than European.
      Istanbul was Constantinople
      Now it's Istanbul, not Constantinople
      Been a long time gone, Oh Constantinople
      Now it's Turkish delight on a moonlit night

Even old New York was once New Amsterdam
      Why they changed it I can't say
      People just liked it better that way

Comment

I
        Think
        Carefully,
        Honestly

Comment

Originally posted by Lord L'Zoril View Post
          Istanbul was Constantinople
          Now it's Istanbul, not Constantinople
          Been a long time gone, Oh Constantinople
          Now it's Turkish delight on a moonlit night

Even old New York was once New Amsterdam
          Why they changed it I can't say
          People just liked it better that way
          Do you think he knows what a constatinople is
          Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

• Lord L'Zoril
            Lord L'Zoril commented
            Editing a comment
            No, but Wikipedia is a pseud's best friend

Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post

Italy isn't European folks
          but you're a faggot

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
            Well, first of all, it's considered the birthplace of Western civilization because a lot of the staples of Western civilization started in Greece or Rome. This is opposed to Eastern civilization, which I think mostly got its influences from ancient China.

If you want a more literal answer, it's a part of the European Union, and is in fact economically dependent on the rest of Europe at this point.
            China usually gets the credit for Eastern Civilization, but there's some evidence India was actually a couple thousand years ahead of China at some point. They somehow had Steel Arrowheads around 5000BCE, and then lost them for a while, and then reaquired the technology....before anyone else had discovered steel the first time.

However, China gets credit for several key inventions and contributions to moral and physical philosophy for the east, so you might be right. China was also the first nation to harness Natural Gas for use in metallurgy for powering a flame powered billows. Also, Taoism, the ancient Chinese philosophy of opposing balanced forces, ends up being mostly true in modern physics and metaphysics, as shown by Groethe's law of Attraction. We haven't found Groethe's Law for Gravity yet, but there is supposedly some evidence that Anti-matter (Anti-Protons and Anti-Neutrons) might have Anti-Gravity.

Back to Greece. Recent history, the past couple hundred years, has Greece undergoing a political upheaval and an economic collapse about every 30 years anyway, so the contemporary collapse of Greece isn't even a new phenomena, they've been mooching off the rest of the west for a few centuries now. The concept of the Republic and the Democracy is mostly a Greek influenced concept, and modern science is mostly a Greek concept, with the first Atomic Theory actually originating in Greece about 400BCE. So its true a lot of western civilization comes from Greece, but early chemists, called Apothecary, originated mostly in Egypt, but Egypt traded heavily with Greece and the Minoans for thousands of years, so there is some cross-talk, but the Greeks certainly didn't get the notion of the Republic or Democracy from Egypt, they invented it themselves.

Ancient Greek Democracy probably did not look like modern U.S. or British democracy. Ancient Greece was a True Republic for most of its history, so they probably looked more like modern China for most of their history.

Unfortunatley for Judaeo-Christian philosophers and apologists, about the only two real contributions the Christians and Jews made throughout history was ending human sacrifice cults and Lamatre's Big Bang Theory. Other than that, the Church and the Jews mostly opposed all modern though for thousands of years. Of course, the two biggest contributors to the modern Scientific Method, Newton and Einstein, were a Deist and an Agnostic, so they don't count either. And most of their work was based on Greek thought at some point anyway.
            Last edited by Wade; August 14th, 2019, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Technically most of Greece sits on the African continental plate, so technically Greece isn't Geologically part of Europe. It's Geologically part of Africa.

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
                This is opposed to Eastern civilization, which I think mostly got its influences from ancient China.
                Actually, India predates China. The kung-fu and Shaolin stuff you see in China first originated in India. Also Indus valley civilization predates Chinese by 2000+ years I think.

Also Buddhism originated in India from here it went to China, korea, Japan and other east asian countries
                Last edited by Flame Saber; August 14th, 2019, 09:19 AM.

Comment

• OrganizationXV
                  OrganizationXV commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh, cool. Thanks for the correction.

Bruh Europe is an established place at this point with an established history and culture. And that history and culture started with Christianity, or was largely dependent on it. It doesn't matter what the future holds, you can't be this much of a brainlet

What the fuck do you even mean, do you know what culture is
                Now you're basing your argument on established consensus, you do know that's what I am questioning right?

The problem with Europe started with Christianity is that it raises even more questions than it answers. If what defines Europe is it's religion then what of "Europe" in the past when there were different religions. Does that "Europe" not exist.

How about the USA? A defining trait of it's early days was its Christianity. Would you consider the USA part of Europe?

Plus Christianity is a religion that came from the middle east, are you telling me that what Europe is built upon isn't even really European?

Yes, I do know. What do you, personally, identify as being your culture?
                I'm a great guy, except I am not - Helly
                Originally posted by Helly;n539159
                {I} gives poor ppl jobs,is all-around great guy
                Originally posted by Helly;n531786
                son ive laughed at child rape jokes, endorsed misogyny, fired poor people, advocated the denial of south american refugees,

Comment

Originally posted by Flame Saber View Post
                  Actually, India predates China. The kung-fu and Shaolin stuff you see in China first originated in India. Also Indus valley civilization predates Chinese by 2000+ years I think.

Also Buddhism originated in India from here it went to China, korea, Japan and other east asian countries
                  Does the fact China get credit for those things make you mad or are you proud your culture was spread and popular around the world?
                  I'm a great guy, except I am not - Helly
                  Originally posted by Helly;n539159
                  {I} gives poor ppl jobs,is all-around great guy
                  Originally posted by Helly;n531786
                  son ive laughed at child rape jokes, endorsed misogyny, fired poor people, advocated the denial of south american refugees,

Comment

How about the USA? A defining trait of it's early days was its Christianity. Would you consider the USA part of Europe?
                    Culturally? Sure. It was, at first, an extension of Europe.

Plus Christianity is a religion that came from the middle east, are you telling me that what Europe is built upon isn't even really European?
                    Yes, in the same way that what the US is built on isn't American. They're adapted ideas.

Yes, I do know. What do you, personally, identify as being your culture?
                    Salted cod, football and domestic violence.

Comment

a please would be nice

Comment

Maybe Louay , you have an opinion on this. Last I recall you're from the middle east. What is your opinion.

The way I see it is that Greece would probably be more Turkish/Egyptian than European.
                        I haven't thought of that before, but to give you the ""middle eastern point of view"" on the this whole subject, is that Greece is European simply because of its geographic location

and yes, Russia isn't European by that definition. Now, I'm not sure what you mean by "not European" but if it's about culture, yeah, I think Greece is historically closer to the Levant than to its European neighbors.

Comment

Technically without Judaeo-Christianity there certainly wouldn't be a modern United States, but the governmental system itself is mostly a Greek Philosophy. Judaeo-Christianity supported totalitarian Theocratic Monarchy for 3000 years, so there's nothing about Christianity itself that would give rise to Democracy or a Republic. Plus, something like six of the first ten Presidents were Deists, not orthodox Christians, but it is also true that all but two of the signers of the Declaration of Independence held Christian theology degrees, but I doubt most of them were Orthodox Christians either. Even with all of this, there certainly would not be a United States of America without Christianity.

Comment

Well when you think about it that way. It is geologically on the eastern side of Europe, and it is the birthplace of philosophy, ideology, technology, and war. Hell some of our names can root back from them, while historically it inspired European culture for if it haven't been for the Mesopotamian era. Then again it neighbors with Turkey and the middle east. Even America wouldn't have been the country we know and stand today.
                          decked out

Comment

Italy isn't European folks

I mean, Italians sure aren't white lol

Comment

Originally posted by dan View Post
                              I mean, Italians sure aren't white lol
                              why is this man obsessed with race
                              if you want to suck black dick, nobody's judging you my dude

Comment

Working...
                              X