Explain to me how Greece is considered European

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Explain to me how Greece is considered European

Particularly DokTOR. . I know I asked a similar question before but when I see discussions regarding Greece (specifically ancient) there's always Europeans that say Greece is European.
    And this seems to be even the consensus among academics. Nobody seems to question it. It all seems very natural.
    Originally posted by Helly;n542091
    Also, lol @ "I'm busy". You admit you have no life and go to many forums, and in the same post lie about havingLmao. Go work on your fictitious "dream" instead of wasting your time lying to us about how important you are.

Maybe Louay , you have an opinion on this. Last I recall you're from the middle east. What is your opinion.

The way I see it is that Greece would probably be more Turkish/Egyptian than European.
    Also, lol @ "I'm busy". You admit you have no life and go to many forums, and in the same post lie about havingLmao. Go work on your fictitious "dream" instead of wasting your time lying to us about how important you are.

Comment

Well, first of all, it's considered the birthplace of Western civilization because a lot of the staples of Western civilization started in Greece or Rome. This is opposed to Eastern civilization, which I think mostly got its influences from ancient China.

If you want a more literal answer, it's a part of the European Union, and is in fact economically dependent on the rest of Europe at this point.
      Originally posted by Wade
      Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

Originally posted by #83.6666666667 View Post
        Maybe Louay , you have an opinion on this. Last I recall you're from the middle east. What is your opinion.

The way I see it is that Greece would probably be more Turkish/Egyptian than European.
        Screenshot_20190813-215640_1.jpg Screenshot_20190813-215640_1_1.jpg

Comment

You're giving me an answer with no real basis. Why isn't the middle east considered the cradle of "western" civilization if Christianity which is probably as influential or even more so than Greece is to Europe.

Moreover, if Greece is as important to the USA as it is to Europe is Greece American too?
          Or is Europe now south american because it is has been very influential on Argentina?

Comment

Do you know what a continent is lmao
            Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
            Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post
              Do you know what a continent is lmao
              Yes, now how do justify how Greece got split into Europe.

Comment

Yes, now how do justify how Greece got split into Europe.
                How about you don't, it doesn't matter. Greece doesn't have to justify itself being anything, it's Greece.

Comment

Originally posted by Chara View Post

How about you don't, it doesn't matter. Greece doesn't have to justify itself being anything, it's Greece.
                  What? Lol. My point is that it makes little sense to place Greece into Europe when it shares more with it's other neighboring regions. Like Egypt, Turkey, and Italy. For one region to claim it because of it's rich history seems bizarre to me.

It would be like Americans claiming native american history as their own. You feel me.

Comment

What? Lol. My point is that it makes little sense to place Greece into Europe when it shares more with it's other neighboring regions. Like Egypt, Turkey, and Italy. For one region to claim it because of it's rich history seems bizarre to me.

It would be like Americans claiming native american history as their own. You feel me.
                    Why

Do

You

Care

You wanna be the Wade of Greek Geography?

Comment

Originally posted by Chara View Post

Why

Do

You

Care

You wanna be the Wade of Greek Geography?
                      Because
                      I
                      Think
                      Carefully,
                      Honestly

Now
                      Okay

Comment

Italy isn't European folks

Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

Because
                          I
                          Think
                          Carefully,
                          Honestly

Now
                          Okay
                          Fool!

Comment

I can't be the only person on this planet that is bothered by this. I read ancient Greek history and I see them refer to Macenodians as barbarians and they had a very similar culture and tongue as they did. Now anyone else, especially "Europeans" would probably be considered worse than barbarians to the ancient Greek. So why try and associate (ancient) Greece with Europe?

Was reading part of a book I think called "Alexander the First European" now I'm going off the title so the book might have some twist at the end, but why?

Alexander never even went to Italy as far as I know let alone other European countries further up. If anything he embraced and loved middle eastern culture. So much so that he wanted to fuze Greece with the middle east.

So when I hear Euros talking about greeks and Alexander as if almost they are direct descents of any of these things it really grinds my gears.

I've hear Dok also talk about European culture and the USA lacking culture, but what culture do you talk about Dok in specific? Because all of Europe seems to hang onto Greece as their only source of culture. Granted there's also Rome but I don't think you refer to that. Is there something in specific that I missed?
                            ​​​

Comment

Italy isn't European folks

Never said that. I said Greece shares in common as much with Italy as it does with Egypt and Turkey. If anything Greece took more from the latter two and Italy took from Greece. Otherwise Italy wouldn't have much relevance in terms of trade (any) with Greece.

Comment

Never said that. I said Greece shares in common as much with Italy as it does with Egypt and Turkey. If anything Greece took more from the latter two and Italy took from Greece. Otherwise Italy wouldn't have much relevance in terms of trade (any) with Greece.
                                Yes, that's why they're all Mediterranean cultures
                                The concept of European culture only became relevant with the advent of Christianity, which is what they all share in common
                                Obviously the ancient Greeks had fuck all in common with the retards living in mudhuts up in Germany

Comment

Yes, that's why they're all Mediterranean cultures
                                  The concept of European culture only became relevant with the advent of Christianity, which is what they all share in common
                                  Obviously the ancient Greeks had fuck all in common with the retards living in mudhuts up in Germany
                                  Which to me seems like a very weak link. Christianity is so broad of a term that it even has sub sections that have gone into bloody wars with each other.
                                  But more concretely, when you talk about that you have culture what do you mean?

Comment

Which to me seems like a very weak link. Christianity is so broad of a term that it even has sub sections that have gone into bloody wars with each other.
                                    But more concretely, when you talk about that you have culture what do you mean?
                                    How is it a weak link when it's the defining link that held conflicting European cultures together against outsiders you absolute faggot

Comment

How is it a weak link when it's the defining link that held conflicting European cultures together against outsiders you absolute faggot
                                      It's a weak link because it is a vague concept. Christianity is a faith that changes and moves. If Germany becomes a Islamic tomorrow is it no longer European?

I still want to know what you mean by your culture.

Comment

I think you're/we're deviating from my main concern and I'm too sleepy to correct it right now. So I'll answer tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                        X