The myth of "humane" slaughter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Helly View Post

Because plants don't have a central nervous system. They don't have brains, they have no subjective experience of reality, there is no entity at the center of it all. The onus isn't on me to disprove they have sentience, it's a commonly accepted belief that they don't because there is no evidence to suggest otherwise.

Why do you think animal agriculture as it exists today is immoral?

What exactly do you mean by "the same way you treat humans"? I wouldn't sacrifice my life for the sake of a human stranger, either, and I wouldn't expect anyone to throw themselves into harm's way for the sake of a random human life.

..........are you invoking the "why don't we give animals the right to vote" meme? Because we deny that right for the mentally handicapped all the time.

It was actually in Orgy's "Whats on your mind" thread, but yea Kajin was being asspained because he thought I wasn't being fair because I didn't give his youtube videos and random blog posts the same amount of consideration as I did the American Dietetics Association. At one point I said to you "I can't just ignore that this guy is linking to alternative medicine websites, you already know why Cid", and you told him not to do that shit.
    Handicaps shouldn't have rights anyway
    Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
    Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

• Max
      Max commented
      Editing a comment
      Based

Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post

If you wanna bite the bullet on "it should be morally permissible to kill handicapped people", you can go ahead but most people arent going to agree with that anyway

Comment

If you wanna bite the bullet on "it should be morally permissible to kill handicapped people", you can go ahead but most people arent going to agree with that anyway
      Most people are legitimately dumb
      Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

I mean, at least handicapped people are happy

Comment

Most people are legitimately dumb
          Okay....so we should kill them, right? I mean, if they are less intelligent then that's justification for killing them, yea?

Comment

I'm going to go ahead and preempt the reciprocity meme, btw, so we can skip ahead to something else:

Doc, I used to help with special ed kids because i was a good little 4th grader. At no point in my tenure did any of them ever make an attempt on my life during their tard rages, and they would even try and share their toys with me while i watched over them. So, they are perfectly capable of reciprocating the 'right to life' meme, even if they don't fully understand it - but barely anyone really does in the first place. Similarly, i doubt very many cows are plotting right now to kill you for no good reason. I'm pretty sure that every cow has an unspoken agreement with everyone, be they cow or human: Don"t fuck with me and I won't fuck with you. That's a pretty clear-cut example of reciprocation.

Comment

I'd restrict it to those that are literally braindead and the responsability should lie with the parents/guardians. I'm not saying everyone below a 120 IQ should be shot lmao

Obviously animals reciprocate, that's why you hear about some mutt mawling some baby's face off every week, right?
              Last edited by DokTOR.; December 4th, 2019, 05:59 AM.

Comment

I'd restrict it to those that are literally braindead and the responsability should lie with the parents/guardians. I'm not saying everyone below a 120 IQ should be shot lmao

Obviously animals reciprocate, that's why you hear about some mutt mawling some baby's face off every week, right?
                Ok, well that's not what it sounded like. Idk if "mentally handicapped" translates to something else in Portuguese, but Americans use it to describe people with learning disabilities.

I'm not really talking about pitbulls right now, so I dont see the point in bringing up those guys. I'm just focusing on cows, chickens, and pigs, who are the primary animals we subject to a perpetual holocaust. Those guys are probably not going to try to kill you and rape your husband, right?

Comment

Ok, well that's not what it sounded like. Idk if "mentally handicapped" translates to something else in Portuguese, but Americans use it to describe people with learning disabilities.

I'm not really talking about pitbulls right now, so I dont see the point in bringing up those guys. I'm just focusing on cows, chickens, and pigs, who are the primary animals we subject to a perpetual holocaust. Those guys are probably not going to try to kill you and rape your husband, right?
                  Cows will kick you for no reason, some pigs will eat small children and chickens are unnaturally aggressive fuckers. I have experience with all these farm animals since I was a child, they will certainly act aggressively sometimes without reason.

Comment

Cows will kick you for no reason, some pigs will eat small children and chickens are unnaturally aggressive fuckers. I have experience with all these farm animals since I was a child, they will certainly act aggressively sometimes without reason.
                    Eh, I think cows and chickens aggress because they want to be left alone.......I had no idea about the pig thing, though, that's genuinely astonishing. Reading up on it atm on Google, this is fucked lol. Damn. Learn something new every day.

Alright, so maybe not pigs in situations where they are presented an opportunity, but cows and chickens probably just want to be left alone.

Comment

Working...
                    X