The myth of "humane" slaughter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cid View Post

Having it every day won't give you any of that, either. At least not if you're eating unprocessed meats. The meat itself isn't unhealthy, it's all the other stuff that gets added in some variations of it. Pretty sure I already explained that to Helly and provided sources to back it up, so not sure why he's repeating it.
    Cause he doesn't listen and is blinded by the radical vegan left.

Wait... he's usually republican leaning and yet he is a vegan. Wtf?

Comment

Having it every day won't give you any of that, either. At least not if you're eating unprocessed meats. The meat itself isn't unhealthy, it's all the other stuff that gets added in some variations of it. Pretty sure I already explained that to Helly and provided sources to back it up, so not sure why he's repeating it.
      Neu5Gc isn't an additive, it's an animal sugar found in....well, animals. But especially in organs and red meat.

https://health.ucdavis.edu/publish/news/newsroom/11551

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post

Neu5Gc isn't an additive, it's an animal sugar found in....well, animals. But especially in organs and red meat.

https://health.ucdavis.edu/publish/news/newsroom/11551
        Well, I looked it up and it seems like eating red meat regularly can put you at a higher risk for some diseases and cancers. (which was at conflict with one of the studies I posted earlier, it seems. But that study was also nearly 10 years old. Got to love science, it's ever-evolving.) So I apologize for being snarky there.

Comment

Well, I looked it up and it seems like eating red meat regularly can put you at a higher risk for some diseases and cancers. (which was at conflict with one of the studies I posted earlier, it seems. But that study was also nearly 10 years old. Got to love science, it's ever-evolving.) So I apologize for being snarky there.
          Its fine lol. I get overwhelmed by the sheer volume of literature as well, and this is something i'm even interested in. heck, even professional dieticians have trouble with it at times.

Comment

I just ate some Chili from Wendy's. Love me some cow meat.

Comment

Seriously, I saw on an educational program one time a scientist claim the civilization, even the human brain, might not be possible without eating meat.

We have "Essential Nutrients" which are any nutrient that the human body can't manufacture for itself, but plants and other animals can manufacture these nutrients, it varies by plant and animals. So if we want to live, we have to consume plants and animals which make these "essential nutrients".

Therefore I say it is moral to consume plants and animals. I haven't seen anybody go as far as eating only pure dirt because our bodies cannot make "essential nutrients" from pure dirt.

A Lumberjack cannot live on a diet of vegetables. Lumberjacks spend about 7000 calories per day (in the pre-chainsaw era when they cut with axes and hand powered buck saws), so working to cut the lumber you burn to stay warm in winter and to cook burns abotu 7000 calories per day. You can't eat 7000 calories per day worth of beans and vegetables, that kind of energy density comes only from meat.

So yes, I think it's moral to eat meat.

Also, you might be able to eat 7000 calories per day from sugar, but then you'd die of diabetes, and sugar doesn't have protein to rebuild muscle mass from damaged tissue from that much work every day.

I don't know exactly, but stone masons and brick layers probably burn several thousand calories per day, way more than the standard 2000 calorie per day diet....i know I did when I worked for my dad as a carpenter helper and also was doing 5 nights per week of cardio kickboxing, I could eat anything I wanted and not gain weight because I just burned it off the next day.
              Last edited by Wade; August 4th, 2019, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Cardiologist Explains the Latest Red Meat Research

Video date: Oct 3, 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post
                  Cardiologist Explains the Latest Red Meat Research

Video date: Oct 3, 2019

....Okay?

.....Did you think that this was a video supporting your argument somehow? It didn't really talk about the inflammatory animal sugar at all. It effectively said nothing meaningful about the research and didn't go in depth at all. This guy's whole message was 'science is hard lol'. Like....so are you saying we shouldn't trust science anymore, because of what one cardiologist says vs the hundreds of thousands of health experts who recommend decreasing your meat intake?

This is exactly what I mean when I say you argue like a Republican, by the way.

Comment

....Okay?

.....Did you think that this was a video supporting your argument somehow? It didn't really talk about the inflammatory animal sugar at all. It effectively said nothing meaningful about the research and didn't go in depth at all. This guy's whole message was 'science is hard lol'. Like....so are you saying we shouldn't trust science anymore, because of what one cardiologist says vs the hundreds of thousands of health experts who recommend decreasing your meat intake?

This is exactly what I mean when I say you argue like a Republican, by the way.

How dafuq you even come to that conclusion? Did you even see the entire video? Where did:

1) animal sugar come from? What even is "animal sugar" ?

2) the claim the video said nothing meaningful. He stated that the researched proved nothing new; the health benefits of not eating red meat is so small that it is hard to draw a definitive conclusion.

3) the idea that I dont' trust science anymore? The entire video is about a scientific study!

Of those thousands of "health experts" how many have actual degrees and work in the medical field? I'm presenting you here one professional cardiologist who is taking his own unbiased take on a scientific study and explaining it to everyone. That's why his opinion is more important than hundreds of "health experts" giving you advice on one hand and trying to sell you a product in the other.

Seriously bro, clear out your ears and open your mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post

How dafuq you even come to that conclusion? Did you even see the entire video? Where did:

1) animal sugar come from? What even is "animal sugar" ?
                      Preceding your incredibly useless video was a discussion on neu5gc and its effects on the human body. You denied the evidence because you're biased and watch Youtube videos to copy your opinions from because you're incapable of making your own, but Cid did his own actual research and discovered that there is a growing amount of evidence that suggests the animal sugar is tied to the development of autoimmunic diseases and the formation of malicious tumours.

2) the claim the video said nothing meaningful. He stated that the researched proved nothing new; the health benefits of not eating red meat is so small that it is hard to draw a definitive conclusion.
                      Except he didn't examine anything mechanistic. The studies involved were either randomized trials or meta analyses of population/observational studies.

3) the idea that I dont' trust science anymore? The entire video is about a scientific study!
                      It's about more than one study, actually, next time you should pay attention. And your point with this was to try and invalidate all the evidence I've posted ITT and use the Always Sunny argument of 'science is a liar sometimes'. That's exactly what you're doing, you have nothing to say against everything I've posted and that's why you resort to posting random youtube videos and linking to alternative medicine websites instead of to what reputable health organizations have to say.

Of those thousands of "health experts" how many have actual degrees and work in the medical field? I'm presenting you here one professional cardiologist who is taking his own unbiased take on a scientific study and explaining it to everyone. That's why his opinion is more important than hundreds of "health experts" giving you advice on one hand and trying to sell you a product in the other.

Seriously bro, clear out your ears and open your mind.
                      I'm talking about licensed professionals that are in officially recognized health organizations, what the hell are you talking about? What do you think the American Heart Association's recommendations are for the consumption of red meat? Go Google that instead of clouding the discussion with outlier opinions from random fence-sitting rubes - who, by the way, admit that they eat less animal products because of the enormous carbon footprint that the animal industry leaves on the planet.
                      Last edited by Helly; December 1st, 2019, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Mmmmm...
                        EC6DCE25-8178-42DF-82FC-BE350A27B3E8.jpeg
                        ...Look at this juicy steak...

...Mmmmmm...

Comment

Okay?

.....What is it you guys are trying to accomplish when you post dumb shit like this? I'm genuinely curious, because I for one can't figure it out. I'm just incapable of turning off my brain that much.

Comment

Okay?

.....What is it you guys are trying to accomplish when you post dumb shit like this? I'm genuinely curious, because I for one can't figure it out. I'm just incapable of turning off my brain that much.
                            That boy ain't right

Comment

Originally posted by Max View Post

That boy ain't right
                              Nah, I disagree. RCA might have spicy takes sometimes but he has a brain. I've met genuinely stupid people IRL, very few people here fit that bill. That's why it's so puxzling to me that everyone gets so weird whenever I talk about veganism lol.....what's so horrible about not wanting to mass torture entire species of life? I feel like most of you would help out a stray puppy if it was coming along the street near your house and do your best to give the thing a good foster home, so I don't understand why it's so controversial to say the animal industry is wrong.

Comment

• Cid
                                Cid commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I feel like most of you would help out a stray puppy
                                I wouldn't.

• Max
                                Max commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I wouldn't even help out a stray child tbh

Helly I literally ran over a cat the other day and didn't even look back, stopping would have compromised my own safety and forced me to crash
                              don't think any sane human being cares about animal wellbeing over their own comfort tbh
                              Last edited by DokTOR.; December 1st, 2019, 03:25 PM.
                              Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
                              Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post
                                Helly I literally ran over a cat the other day and didn't even look back, stopping would have compromised my own safety and forced me to crash
                                don't think any sane human being cares about animal wellbeing over their own comfort tbh
                                That's pretty obtuse, plenty of ppl care about the wellbeing of animals. Pet owners, animal shelters, zoos, endangered species preserves

Scientists saved a test tube full of small pox because they felt like it would be wrong to extinct SMALL POX. So yeah
                                Last edited by Chara; December 1st, 2019, 03:59 PM.

Comment

actually im allergic to dogs

Comment

Originally posted by Chara View Post

That's pretty obtuse, plenty of ppl care about the wellbeing of animals. Pet owners, animal shelters, zoos, endangered species preserves

Scientists saved a test tube full of small pox because they felt like it would be wrong to extinct SMALL POX. So yeah
                                    yeah those guys seem like cringelords
                                    Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post

yeah those guys seem like cringelords
                                      It's your opinion vs scientists. Let's see you do something better than them in their own field lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Chara View Post

It's your opinion vs scientists. Let's see you do something better than them in their own field lol.
                                        3% of scientists don't believe in global warming

Comment

Working...
                                        X