The myth of "humane" slaughter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cid View Post

Having it every day won't give you any of that, either. At least not if you're eating unprocessed meats. The meat itself isn't unhealthy, it's all the other stuff that gets added in some variations of it. Pretty sure I already explained that to Helly and provided sources to back it up, so not sure why he's repeating it.
    Cause he doesn't listen and is blinded by the radical vegan left.

Wait... he's usually republican leaning and yet he is a vegan. Wtf?

Comment

Having it every day won't give you any of that, either. At least not if you're eating unprocessed meats. The meat itself isn't unhealthy, it's all the other stuff that gets added in some variations of it. Pretty sure I already explained that to Helly and provided sources to back it up, so not sure why he's repeating it.
      Neu5Gc isn't an additive, it's an animal sugar found in....well, animals. But especially in organs and red meat.

https://health.ucdavis.edu/publish/news/newsroom/11551

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post

Neu5Gc isn't an additive, it's an animal sugar found in....well, animals. But especially in organs and red meat.

https://health.ucdavis.edu/publish/news/newsroom/11551
        Well, I looked it up and it seems like eating red meat regularly can put you at a higher risk for some diseases and cancers. (which was at conflict with one of the studies I posted earlier, it seems. But that study was also nearly 10 years old. Got to love science, it's ever-evolving.) So I apologize for being snarky there.

Comment

Well, I looked it up and it seems like eating red meat regularly can put you at a higher risk for some diseases and cancers. (which was at conflict with one of the studies I posted earlier, it seems. But that study was also nearly 10 years old. Got to love science, it's ever-evolving.) So I apologize for being snarky there.
          Its fine lol. I get overwhelmed by the sheer volume of literature as well, and this is something i'm even interested in. heck, even professional dieticians have trouble with it at times.

Comment

I just ate some Chili from Wendy's. Love me some cow meat.

Comment

Seriously, I saw on an educational program one time a scientist claim the civilization, even the human brain, might not be possible without eating meat.

We have "Essential Nutrients" which are any nutrient that the human body can't manufacture for itself, but plants and other animals can manufacture these nutrients, it varies by plant and animals. So if we want to live, we have to consume plants and animals which make these "essential nutrients".

Therefore I say it is moral to consume plants and animals. I haven't seen anybody go as far as eating only pure dirt because our bodies cannot make "essential nutrients" from pure dirt.

A Lumberjack cannot live on a diet of vegetables. Lumberjacks spend about 7000 calories per day (in the pre-chainsaw era when they cut with axes and hand powered buck saws), so working to cut the lumber you burn to stay warm in winter and to cook burns abotu 7000 calories per day. You can't eat 7000 calories per day worth of beans and vegetables, that kind of energy density comes only from meat.

So yes, I think it's moral to eat meat.

Also, you might be able to eat 7000 calories per day from sugar, but then you'd die of diabetes, and sugar doesn't have protein to rebuild muscle mass from damaged tissue from that much work every day.

I don't know exactly, but stone masons and brick layers probably burn several thousand calories per day, way more than the standard 2000 calorie per day diet....i know I did when I worked for my dad as a carpenter helper and also was doing 5 nights per week of cardio kickboxing, I could eat anything I wanted and not gain weight because I just burned it off the next day.
              Last edited by Wade; August 4th, 2019, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X