Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The myth of "humane" slaughter

Lol...

So....This is something I hear come up alot whenever I'm out and about talking to carnists on the internet: "hEy bRo i agRee ThaT SlauGhtErHouseS arE bAd, i SupPort HumAne sLaUghteR". And for some reason, people don't see it as a complete oxymoron....I mean....you're taking an animal you've bred and that trusts you and putting it to sleep so you can kill it and turn it into meat patties. That's not humane, that's the premise of a frikkin horror movie. You can't say you love animals or that you have compassion for them when you'll take the only life they have for 30 minutes of your own personal enjoyment. If a person does this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SZbx4vyx1KU

and the end result of all of that gross deception and betrayal is that animal's flesh in a burger....that's not compassion, that's not respect. That's a complete mockery.

Prove me wrong.

Originally posted by Helly View Post
    Lol...
    animal's flesh in a burger
    Flesh? You mean muscle and fat?

Comment

Slaughter is okay as long as you're on the side thats not getting slaughtered

Comment

Slaughtering animals is okay is long as you slaughter them softly

Comment

I guess we can do it like other predators do. I'd be all for seeing some farmers put on some sharp claws and use them to viciously tear into the throats of my future burgers.

It's how it happens in nature, so that makes it ok. Right?

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post
            I guess we can do it like other predators do. I'd be all for seeing some farmers put on some sharp claws and use them to viciously tear into the throats of my future burgers.

Helly doesn't like appeals to nature...he's been pretty explicit about that, actually.

Comment

How would you propose we go about slaughtering animals tho?
              Originally posted by Wade
              Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

As was mentioned, I don't think appealing to nature is a very strong framework for any moral argument. Things like cannibalism, infanticide, and rape happen in nature all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
                  How would you propose we go about slaughtering animals tho?
                  I wouldn't propose slaughtering them at all.

Comment

pretty sure we give them food, shelter and transportation

Comment

Originally posted by The Poster Formerly Known as Teal View Post
                      pretty sure we give them food, shelter and transportation
                      yea, so do child traffickers

Comment

bruh why are you shilling veganism so hard lately
                      i thought you didn't care
                      you know we don't give a shit if it's humane or not lmao
                      Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
                      Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post
                        bruh why are you shilling veganism so hard lately
                        i thought you didn't care
                        you know we don't give a shit if it's humane or not lmao
                        I didn't, but then I kept hearing some really, really awful justifications for continuing the funding of a holocaust indefinitely.

Like yours, for instance. "Reciprocity" is a meme that I think even you don't believe in. What kind of reciprocity were you getting from Etika? Why did the suicide of a black Twitch streamer irk a philososaphy ethnonationalist in Portugal so much that he railed against randoms on the internet who disapproved of said streamer?

Comment

I didn't, but then I kept hearing some really, really awful justifications for continuing the funding of a holocaust indefinitely.

Like yours, for instance. "Reciprocity" is a meme that I think even you don't believe in. What kind of reciprocity were you getting from Etika? Why did the suicide of a black Twitch streamer irk a philososaphy ethnonationalist in Portugal so much that he railed against randoms on the internet who disapproved of said streamer?
                          Didn't rally against anyone, I laughed at some retards and that was about it
                          As to why, he's a fellow human being who went through suicidal tendencies much like I did. I understand what he was going through so I'd be pretty nettled if it happened to me
                          Can't empathize with animals when I've killed some for food myself my dude I'm sorry lmao
                          Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
                          Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

• OrganizationXV
                            OrganizationXV commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Good on ya for getting past the suicidal thoughts, my dude.

I wouldn't propose slaughtering them at all.
                          So how do we maintain the amount of meat we'd need to sustain the human population?

If it's not regulated by business, I'd imagine it'd be all too easy to overhunt a lot of wild species. And without Micky D's, we'll probably see a huge uptick of poachers.
                          Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post

Didn't rally against anyone, I laughed at some retards and that was about it
                            As to why, he's a fellow human being who went through suicidal tendencies much like I did. I understand what he was going through so I'd be pretty nettled if it happened to me
                            Can't empathize with animals when I've killed some for food myself my dude I'm sorry lmao
                            I dunno, dude, that wasn't the vibe your post gave off. It actually sounded pretty indignant, I think you may have even called them snakes at some point but I can't recall atm.

As for your lack of empathy, well I'm sorry you grew up in such an environment, but people typically aren't so apathetic unless they're exposed to that kind of violence on a regular basis...and those who are will be more likely to develop traumatic disorders along with things like anxiety, depression, paranoia, and insomnia. In some cases, it can even lead to things like spousal and child abuse. That alone suggests some degree of wrongness, but even removing all of that lacking empathy doesn't say anything about the wrongness of an action. Many Nazis were just as apathetic towards the minorities they mistreated and killed on a regular basis, but no part of their actions would be called neutral or good.

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
                            So how do we maintain the amount of meat we'd need to sustain the human population?

If it's not regulated by business, I'd imagine it'd be all too easy to overhunt a lot of wild species. And without Micky D's, we'll probably see a huge uptick of poachers.
                            I'm saying we shouldn't be killing animals for food, period. We can do just fine with plant-based alternatives, there's no need to rob someone of their life who doesn't want to die and values their subjective experience.

Comment

Yes you can slaughter your animals, but humanely.
                              Originally posted by Kajin_Style
                              I have this illness called "Having-a-Heart" and gives me this irrational sense of empathy and care for my fellow man.

Comment

Wait, Helly are you a gayboi vegan now?
                                Originally posted by Snap
                                "man you always know what to get me for my birthday, you really are a nigger"

Comment

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post

Helly doesn't like appeals to nature...he's been pretty explicit about that, actually.
                                  Doesn't really matter if he likes it or not, it's a valid argument. We're animals. We're omnivores by scientific definition and, as I already proved to him in a previous topic, we evolved into what we are now by being predators. That means we can and do eat other animals.

There's no comparison to cannibalism (which actually is bad for us, health-wise) or rape or murder. Those things might happen in nature, but in nature those are all required for survival by some species. Humans don't need to rape, eat each other (which again -- real, scientifically proven health risks there) or murder another person to survive.

We do, however, need many of vitamins and essential chemicals found in animal meat (and not in plants) to survive.

Sure, we could theoretically start a plant-based diet and use supplements to take care of the nutrients we can't get through vegan foods... But that's expensive. A bag of chicken breasts isn't.

Helly can argue about the moral question of killing and eating animals all he wants. But until we're at a point in society where everyone can afford to eat vegan while not risking malnutrition, it's necessary.

And hey, if wild animals are allowed to eat each other to survive then there's nothing wrong with me eating one to survive.
                                  Last edited by Cid; July 13th, 2019, 02:56 PM.

Comment

I'm saying we shouldn't be killing animals for food, period. We can do just fine with plant-based alternatives, there's no need to rob someone of their life who doesn't want to die and values their subjective experience.
                                    So how do you stop people from hunting then? How would you grow enough food to sustain a worldwide population (including the increase of numbers of every animal humans would otherwise be eating)?

Also, are you holding that all life is equally sacred? Or is there a drop-off somewhere between humans and single-cell organisms?

Would you hold a predator's life to be less valuable than an herbivores, if we're counting eating meat as violent?
                                    Last edited by OrganizationXV; July 13th, 2019, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                    X