Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It honestly almost makes me feel a genuine sadness when I see these things....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for me the animals' fear makes the meat taste better

Comment

reposting because the CARNIST SHILLS are trying to hide this

Originally posted by Helly View Post

My point is grilling is its own method of flavouring via smoking meat

either way, if's w/e....lol....I mean, maybe you guys think it's annoying for me to talk about veganism, but it's gotten to the point where I almost don't care any more....this is just something that's so obviously wrong even by the standards of most people, it's absolutely inarguably awful, and the least I can do is continue to confront everyone with it.

I mean, most of you guys would probably save a dying kitten if you were able to. Like, you would watch a video like this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PPOhwMdZtKw

And come away with a warm feeling knowing that the cat is safe after the hell it suffered for several days. But the thing is, there are millions of animals at this very moment that are in worse situations, that were bred into those situations...and the saddest thing is that no one's going to save them. No one. They're going to die after a horrible life of torture and fear, getting their neck slit open and having their breathing tubes pulled out all the while crying to their herd who are all surely dead and resting far away from that hell. It's just evil. There's no other way to describe it, it is evil and that's why no one likes being reminded with what it is they are funding. But I just don't care about anyone's feelings any more. There are worse things going on than people getting offended. Watch this documentary and tell me that I'm wrong:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BrlBSuuy50Y
      Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post

it's literally just salt my dude
      Yea, do you have any idea how strong salt is?

Try eating a teaspoon of salt right now

Originally posted by Kajin_Style
      Completely denouncing every bit of evidence I present WITHOUT any counter evidence to point to the contrary is not logic; it's outright denial.
      I'm sure you'll come up with some debunking excuse.

Comment

yeah I can't seem to enjoy my steak without dumping a teaspoon of salt on it

Comment

Maybe. I was never big into grilling things at all, because I just don't like having smoke in my lungs.....but that's the point behind putting meat over charcoal, right? You do it to smoke your meat and give it an additional flavour. That's why there are people online who will argue using a charcoal grill vs a gas grill, becajse either one can yield different tastes.
          Pretty sure they don't use charcoal grills at five-star restaurants. They probably don't even grill it. I guess they fry it and then sear it to give it that grilled texture on the outside.

Either way, when I went to KSC in Florida a couple years back, we stopped at this place on the cape. And their entire thing was that their steak was so goddamn good that it doesn't need any seasoning whatsoever. And my god they were right. Best thing I've ever eaten. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by Max View Post
            yeah I can't seem to enjoy my steak without dumping a teaspoon of salt on it
            I mean, we can change it to a pinch if yall are gonna get hung up on this, it really doesn't matter. Salt is salt all the same, it drastically alters taste in the slightest amounts. Facts are facts, most of the animal stuff you have in the freezer would taste blander than raw potatoes if it didn't have salt or wasn't cooked over smoke, tbh

Completely denouncing every bit of evidence I present WITHOUT any counter evidence to point to the contrary is not logic; it's outright denial.

Comment

I mean, we can change it to a pinch if yall are gonna get hung up on this, it really doesn't matter. Salt is salt all the same, it drastically alters taste in the slightest amounts. Facts are facts, most of the animal stuff you have in the freezer would taste blander than raw potatoes if it didn't have salt or wasn't cooked over smoke, tbh
              matter of fact, just one teaspoon might not be enough now that I think about it

Comment

reposting because the CARNIST SHILLS are trying to hide this

Yea, do you have any idea how strong salt is?

Try eating a teaspoon of salt right now
                Try eating a teaspoon of cinnamon. Seasonings are meant to be used moderately. You know, kinda like sugar.

Though I'm sure you won't mind stuffing your face with fruits and sugary treats if it'll saves a few piggies.

Comment

There is a ton of seasonings out there. Do you even know how to cook? You can get by without salt, entirely with the right seasoning mix. Everything but fruits taste bland without something mixed into it to make it better. What you been smoking this time?

Comment

Salt really doesn't add flavor, anyway. It enhances the flavor that's already there by reducing the bitterness of whatever it's put on.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

Pretty sure they don't use charcoal grills at five-star restaurants. They probably don't even grill it. I guess they fry it and then sear it to give it that grilled texture on the outside.

Either way, when I went to KSC in Florida a couple years back, we stopped at this place on the cape. And their entire thing was that their steak was so goddamn good that it doesn't need any seasoning whatsoever. And my god they were right. Best thing I've ever eaten. Period.
                      They might be using some particular kind of olive oil or butter, maybe even both. I very much doubt the existence of unicorn cows that are capable of being the best thing someone has ever eaten without any help, even if they're using super fatty cuts tbh. Searing it would definitely create smoke, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post
                        Everything but fruits taste bland without something mixed into it to make it better
                        Hence my point. The idea that meat is tasty and is therefore somehow better than plant-based foods is a hoax promoted by slaughterhouse shills tbh

Salt really doesn't add flavor, anyway. It enhances the flavor that's already there by reducing the bitterness of whatever it's put on.
                        That's a pretty dramatic change in flavour. I didn't say it added any, necessarily(though it can be used that way with various food items without much taste), just that it changes it. A pinch of salt is the difference between a meat patty that's moderately tasty and one that makes your eating experience wholly unpleasant.

Comment

What does it matter whether or not it needs salt and/or spices to taste good? It tastes good with it. That's all that matters.

I fail to understand why everything needs to taste good without adding shit in order to justify its dietary legitimacy.

Comment

Helly became a vegan because Mexico can't produce a good steak. It's so sad.

Comment

talking about meat needing seasoning to taste good while fries are literally inedible without ketchup
                              I have this illness called "Having-a-Heart" and gives me this irrational sense of empathy and care for my fellow man.

Comment

Originally posted by Thar View Post
                                What does it matter whether or not it needs salt and/or spices to taste good? It tastes good with it. That's all that matters.

I fail to understand why everything needs to taste good without adding shit in order to justify its dietary legitimacy.
                                Oh, I fully agree, it's a complete non-sequitur. I wasn't the one to even bring up the taste argument, though, and I'm just humouring it because people feel that calling their irrelevant arguments irrelevant is mean or cheating or whatever.

Helly became a vegan because Mexico can't produce a good steak. It's so sad.
                                Dude, cmon lol. Try making yourself fried eggs withbutter instead of olive oil some day. You will notice a differencd IMMEDIATELY. fun fact about myself, little 12-year-old mexican Yukihira Souma used to have a bomb af fried eggs recipe that used butter. it didnt need salt at all, and it tasted awesome and had a really cool solid gold colouration to boot. Simply changing what you put on a pan so your food doesn-t stick can have a TREMENDOUS impact.

Originally posted by Pocket Rocket View Post
                                talking about meat needing seasoning to taste good while fries are literally inedible without ketchup
                                that's, like, one food. the #1 anti-vegan propagandist ITT even said it himself, there are fruits out the ass that taste awesome without the need of any extra shit, and that's just fruit

Comment

Js Cid knows bout that pan and sear method

also the gay three monkey pkmn are based on cooking, and I love how autistic the pkmn fandom has been since the announcement about the national pokedex

Comment

Dude, cmon lol. Try making yourself fried eggs withbutter instead of olive oil some day. You will notice a differencd IMMEDIATELY. fun fact about myself, little 12-year-old mexican Yukihira Souma used to have a bomb af fried eggs recipe that used butter. it didnt need salt at all, and it tasted awesome and had a really cool solid gold colouration to boot. Simply changing what you put on a pan so your food doesn-t stick can have a TREMENDOUS impact.
                                    Who the fuck using oil to make eggs?

Comment

Some people like crispy whites

Comment

Originally posted by Thar View Post

Some people like crispy whites
                                        Some people are monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by dan View Post
                                          Js Cid knows bout that pan and sear method

also the gay three monkey pkmn are based on cooking, and I love how autistic the pkmn fandom has been since the announcement about the national pokedex
                                          watchu talkin bout, willis

....is it not a thing in your area? Olive oil is p common, especially with fried eggs. idk what the percentages are, but it's not rare

Anyway, the point I'm getting at is that even minor changes like changing what you put in a pan can have a significant impact on the end result, and that might have contributed to the taste of those steaks. In general, it's been my experience that people who make claims like this ("heheh, this doesnt even use extra flavouring or sugars, kids!") is typically using something else to play the role of whatever it is they've taken out. Eggless cookies use bananas or, in the case of non-vegan cookies, butter or lard; So-called "sugarless" bread-things use panella or fruit sugars, etc etc the list goes on....never buy a miracle from a chef, cid. they're all crooks and liars. now buy my integral bread, it will make you lose weight in 999 days guaranteed

Comment

Working...
                                          X