Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I’m considering going into voice acting and/or radio.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m considering going into voice acting and/or radio.

Any tips? Maybe recommend me some quality (but cheap) mics?

follow ur dreams my child

Comment

Do you follow Steven Blum on any forms of social media?

https://www.blumvoxstudios.com

He teaches a bi-weekly, online VO class and will apparently talk to and answer questions from his subscribers during it. I've never had aspirations of doing voice work but I've always liked Blum so I checked it out last year for the one-month trial. He's very informative, I think. Might be a worthwhile investment if you're serious.

Comment

If your serious, I'd say get a quality mic. A Snowball would be good, but I'm sure you'd need something better.

You should try to start small, maybe providing voices for video game mods for games like Skyrim. Those guys always need people.

Comment

drink water with a little lemon

Comment

What are your biggest influences, what really made you decide this is what you want to do?

Also if you make it big lemme ride ur coattails

Comment

Practicing your speech is essential in either case; be sure to find suitable equipment! (Unfortunately, I have no experience with this; my apologies.)

With voice acting in particular, once you find an audition -- any experience from a source of any repute serves to build your résumé -- you need to study the part thoroughly and record yourself.

Best of luck!

Comment

Working...
              X