Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you dislike about airplanes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    What do you dislike about airplanes?

    And what would you change about them if you could?

    For me, it's cramped seats in certain portions of the plane which can be a problem if you have lots of things around you. Also with regards to the seats themselves at times, as well as the overhead lockers.
    Last edited by TechTastic; December 29th, 2018, 03:03 PM.

    #2
    I don't like how mind-numbingly boring it gets when you can't have any wifi and you're basically stuck in one pose for several hours. I doubt you could really avoid either of those, though.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
      I don't like how mind-numbingly boring it gets when you can't have any wifi and you're basically stuck in one pose for several hours. I doubt you could really avoid either of those, though.
      Which is why I pre-stock up on offline media before entering the plane, wi-fi sessions for me mostly tend to be endless anyway so it's sort of a nice break from it.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
        I don't like how mind-numbingly boring it gets when you can't have any wifi and you're basically stuck in one pose for several hours. I doubt you could really avoid either of those, though.
        Always come prepared with emergency gaming devices. Years back when I went on a trip (was MAYBE 12 at the time, probably younger), my parents made sure I wasn't bored by bringing my Gameboy or DS, whichever one it was, and it helped kill the boredom.

        Comment


          #5
          the food i mean what's the deal
          Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n507543
          This is what your racist, pepe memes get you. Death. Death of innocents.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post

            Always come prepared with emergency gaming devices. Years back when I went on a trip (was MAYBE 12 at the time, probably younger), my parents made sure I wasn't bored by bringing my Gameboy or DS, whichever one it was, and it helped kill the boredom.
            If there's anything I wished I could do during that time, it's use the gaming devices with noise-cancelling headphones.
            Of course, those are primarily for adults and the technology wasn't as advanced back then.

            Alternatively, I'd just watch whatever in-flight media they had that interested me with the stock airplane headphones (if it did have such media, of course).

            Originally posted by Mister Gold View Post
            the food i mean what's the deal
            It's probably due to compacting it all for the purposes of a trip so I imagine the costs are high to get really good food to passengers on a plane.

            Comment


              #7
              There's always the fear that my flight may not reach its destination. But I try not to think about it and just sleep through most of it.

              Comment


                #8
                When you need to throw some garbage away real quick but they won't let you open the window.
                Originally posted by Kajin_Style
                I say the japanese schoolgirl. She'll pull out a whistle and summon a mecha to fight for her.
                Meanwhile the catholic girl prays to an imaginary god that throughout all his biblical feats has not once saved someone from a fight.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Mae Borowski View Post
                  There's always the fear that my flight may not reach its destination. But I try not to think about it and just sleep through most of it.
                  True, there's always that, for some unfortunate reason it might happen that it may not make it to its destination or even crash.

                  Originally posted by Pocket Rocket View Post
                  When you need to throw some garbage away real quick but they won't let you open the window.
                  Lol opening it at high altitudes is pretty much suicide to begin with because air pressure & all.
                  But if you'd like to change that, no problem I guess.
                  Last edited by TechTastic; December 29th, 2018, 10:48 PM.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I used to have a crippling fear of low-flying planes when I was little, but that's pretty much it. If anything, I always make sure I never have to take a piss during the flight, but that's never been limited to just one type of public restroom.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      They sometimes crash, not only killing the people on board but those on the ground as well.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I usually just sleep on a plane.

                        What I don't like about it is the fact that it is quite limited in capability, unlike UFOs that move at ridiculous speeds and have the types of manuevers that are very precise, agile and simply on another level.

                        Well I suppose that's expected when one relies on lift forces generated by pressure differentials.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Small airplanes suck feel like they about to fall apart with a slight breeze.
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j5Frq4gbHY

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by 40 acres View Post
                            Small airplanes suck feel like they about to fall apart with a slight breeze.
                            Ikr? I went on one recently and it had a massive shake, thankfully it was only a 1-hour trip.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by King Solomon View Post
                              Well I suppose that's expected when one relies on lift forces generated by pressure differentials.
                              Okay, R3.

                              Comment


                                #16
                                Originally posted by P408370R View Post
                                Okay, R3.
                                I'll R3 your asshole if you're not careful bud.

                                Comment


                                  #17
                                  smells pretty bad, a few dollars for some air fresheners could go a long way
                                  Last edited by Aure0lin; January 1st, 2019, 08:36 PM.

                                  Comment


                                    #18
                                    *wahhhhhhhhhhhh*there's no wifi and the seats aren't big enough *wahhhhhhhhhh*

                                    ...and then what happened???

                                    Did you cut across a cloudscape in a flying chariot like a demigod of Greek Legend?

                                    Did you live the impossible dream of antiquity and partake in the miracle of human flight?

                                    *wahhhhhhhhh* the cabin smells like recycled farts and there's no air fresheners .



                                    Fucking Crybabies.
                                    Last edited by Post-Crisis Shob; January 2nd, 2019, 08:40 AM.

                                    Comment


                                      #19
                                      Originally posted by Post-Crisis Shob View Post
                                      *wahhhhhhhhhhhh*there's no wifi and the seats aren't big enough *wahhhhhhhhhh*

                                      ...and then what happened???

                                      Did you cut across a cloudscape in a flying chariot like a demigod of Greek Legend?

                                      Did you live the impossible dream of antiquity and partake in the miracle of human flight?

                                      *wahhhhhhhhh* the cabin smells like recycled farts and there's no air fresheners .



                                      Fucking Crybabies.
                                      To be fair, looking out of the window to see the scenery slowly moving is an enjoyable affair.


                                      For about 5 minutes.

                                      Comment


                                        #20
                                        Originally posted by Post-Crisis Shob View Post
                                        *wahhhhhhhhhhhh*there's no wifi and the seats aren't big enough *wahhhhhhhhhh*

                                        ...and then what happened???

                                        Did you cut across a cloudscape in a flying chariot like a demigod of Greek Legend?

                                        Did you live the impossible dream of antiquity and partake in the miracle of human flight?

                                        *wahhhhhhhhh* the cabin smells like recycled farts and there's no air fresheners .



                                        Fucking Crybabies.
                                        Demigods of Greek legends got to feel the wind in their faces and the sun on their back. And they got to control where they were going.

                                        Functionally we're just picking a less time-consuming mode of transportation that gets us to Nanna Oglevie's house in Texas faster. There's nothing glorious about it except the view.

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X