Comment

Akira and his shit infestation of a series he calls DB

Comment

Theres this other person who likes baki, worst of the worst

Comment

Originally posted by Saffron View Post
              portuguese, male, named bruno, likes dragon ball

handsome guy tho

Bruno? Well what kind of insensitive fuck would name their kid that?

Stop putting your friends on blast.

Comment

• Saffron
                Saffron commented
                Editing a comment
                what are friends

The ones that took August Ames from this world.
              Sun City Girls - Carnival Folklore Resurrection

Comment

If this community had any imagination or culture the new meme/catch phrase for when negative things happened would be fuck Mike Tracey.

Guy sounds like a rat, can't believe you hate him so much, Shob. Feel like there is something you ain't telling us. Sure he sounds like a rat but doesn't seem like he did anything to you, at least not in the rant you just gave.

Comment

My Stepdad is someone I hate more and more the older I get. I am not an arrogant person but I know that I am a good person. I dont lie or cheat or steal and I always try to help everyone I can even at cost to myself. I think some of the reasons I hate him ar because he is opposite of all of these things. He lies daily from small things to large. He has cheated on my mom a few times and he always only worries about himself. He is also one of the dumbest people on the planet and I hate ignorance. He is forever playing the victim card and fighting with my mom convincing her that my brother and I are the real problems. Because my youngest brother looks at me like a father figure since im always there and his dad isnt, i "dont know my place" because I help my mom with bills or errands or projects around the house he wont do, "The family is against him"

Comment

Originally posted by Strife View Post
                    My Stepdad is someone I hate more and more the older I get. I am not an arrogant person but I know that I am a good person. I dont lie or cheat or steal and I always try to help everyone I can even at cost to myself. I think some of the reasons I hate him ar because he is opposite of all of these things. He lies daily from small things to large. He has cheated on my mom a few times and he always only worries about himself. He is also one of the dumbest people on the planet and I hate ignorance. He is forever playing the victim card and fighting with my mom convincing her that my brother and I are the real problems. Because my youngest brother looks at me like a father figure since im always there and his dad isnt, i "dont know my place" because I help my mom with bills or errands or projects around the house he wont do, "The family is against him"
                    You sound like a member that used to post here. I'd say your mother was the one at fault here for marrying a piece of shit and still staying with him. If he does nothing, then what use is he as a man?

Comment

Alright. I got another one. A fucking guy I worked for like two (2) weeks. I can barely say I know him, but here's his story:

This was one of my first gigs out of law school. I had finally landed a full time associate position. I knew how competative the job market was and that an opportunity like this wasn't going to come around again any time soon.

I was so eager to join a firm and be a real lawyer. I ignored so many red flags about how shady this place was.

...like that the senior attorney doing the job interview didn't ask me about my resume or my prior work experience, but wanted to know if I've tried to suck my own dick.

...or that his "training process" had absolutely nothing to do with law or legal work. But he wanted to make sure I could run billing software and "sell" (i.e. get callers to give us their credit card information and verbally consent to our "retainer" on their first call-in to the office)

...or that he kept a "scoreboard" in the main office with a $$$ amount under the name of everyone who worked in the office--the amount of credit card payments they'd personally processed through the office billing software in the prior two weeks. He called putting numbers on the board "shooting Nazis." Because a good soldier doesn't bitch-and-moan about what you have to do to shoot Nazis; he just knows that shooting Nazis is his job and at the end of the day, you do whatever you gotta do to get-em-dead.

...or that he referred to running up billable hours on client files as "selling cocaine." And that his instructions on how to speak to clients was: "you have to make them want the cocaine."

...or that he referred to Irishmen as "White Niggers," and boasted that he he was "street smart" because he grew up throwing hands in Newark.

Yeahhhhhhhhh. It was one of those places. (basically a Wolf of Wall Street type shitshow, in the form of a law office)

_______

Two weeks into the job they send me to criminal court for the first time. It was a drug case. The client was accused of using marijunana—again—while already on probation for an earlier drug offense. I get the client file. Its empty; the only thing in there is a bill stating that the firm has already put 2 hours of file review work into the case and that the client owes us $400 for this work.

I spoke to the senior attorneys about this. I asked them how they were billing a guy for 2 hours of file review on an empty file. I further asked how they wanted me to prepare for Court and what arguments they wanted me to make.

The only answers I could get out of them were: "Just make sure he pays us the money. Talk to the guy and see what we can find out. If we got nothing, just tell the Court we need a postponement and more time to prepare. The more we work the case, the more we can bill him."

...okay...not helpful...

But my job was to represent this guy to the best of my ability. I was gonna do my job.

So I called the client. I got the facts. I worked out that they had drug tested him approximately one month after the beginning of his probationary period; that was when he failed and they charged him with violating the terms of his probation.

...that meant the time that had passed between the beginning of probation and his drug test was less time then it took THC to clear out of the system of a heavy user.

...that meant he could have smoked weed before his probationary period started, completely followed the terms of his probation, and still failed his drug test on the date administered.

...that meant the State could not prove based on the test results that he had actually violated probation.

...that meant the State had no case.

So I go to Court. I put this argument in front of a judge. The judge agrees and dismisses the charges. Done. Won the case without having to request a postponement or drag my guy back to Court a second time. Didn't have to plead him to anything or pay any fine. One appearance—case dismissed.

This was unquestionably the best outcome for the client, and the outcome I was professionally and ethically obligated to pursue as an advocate of the client's best interests.

I get back to the office and the senior attorney just fucking goes off on me. Calls an office meeting in the main conference room. Gathers the entire staff. And in front of everyone tells me : "What the FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU; ending the case in one appearance! We could have fucked this guy for another $7,500. That's our money. You lost my money. Don't you ever fucking lose my money. I will throw you out the fucking door if you fuck with my money! Now you have to fix this!"

...he takes me to the secretary's office.

...he makes me watch as the secretary drafts a falsified invoice, billing the client for $1,200 worth of work never performed.

...he directs the secretary to send the client an email with false legal advice; stating that the case had not been resolved, he was still facing criminal charges, and he could go to jail if he didn't pay us for further representation. (none of this was true)

...he explicitly tell me: "If you ever have to do this, put the secretary's name on it. Lawyers can get ethics violations. Secretaries can't. You don't want these pricks coming after you with ethics violations." (i.e. he very clearly knew that what they were doing was illegal)

...he gives me the file with the falsfied bill, tells me to call the client and collect the money, and tells me that if he disputes his obligation to pay I should just run his credit card info on-file through our billing software and mark down that he consented to the payment. (that's credit card fraud)

I told him I did not believe his instructions were ethical or legal.

He told me to "grow some hair on my balls," that if I didn't perform as instructed I wasn't getting paid, and that this was just how "street smart" lawyers did business. I needed to be "street smart," like him. It wasn't stealing; "We earned that money. Don't you EVER fucking say we didn't earn that money! You speak with REVERENCE about what we do in this office!"

I thanked him for his clarity. Told him that I understood. I took the file. I went home. And I immediately typed up my letter of resignation.

I wasn't having any part in that nonsense.

After that I was grossly underemployed and taking shit jobs and money was tight for a while.

But eventually I impressed the right people and get the job I have today, with good attorneys doing good work for good value, taking down racists a-holes and sexual harassers and dirty cops.

Wouldn't have done it any other way.

^^^

That's the shithead. Sean Brannigan, Esq.

Fuck that man and everything he stands for.
                      Last edited by Post-Crisis Shob; September 17th, 2018, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Post-Crisis Shob View Post
                        Alright. I got another one. A fucking guy I worked for like two (2) weeks. I can barely say I know him, but here's his story:

This was one of my first gigs out of law school. I had finally landed a full time associate position. I knew how competative the job market was and that an opportunity like this wasn't going to come around again any time soon.

I was so eager to join a firm and be a real lawyer. I ignored so many red flags about how shady this place was.

...like that the senior attorney doing the job interview didn't ask me about my resume or my prior work experience, but wanted to know if I've tried to suck my own dick.

...or that his "training process" had absolutely nothing to do with law or legal work. But he wanted to make sure I could run billing software and "sell" (i.e. get callers to give us their credit card information and verbally consent to our "retainer" on their first call-in to the office)

...or that he kept a "scoreboard" in the main office with a $$$ amount under the name of everyone who worked in the office--the amount of credit card payments they'd personally processed through the office billing software in the prior two weeks. He called putting numbers on the board "shooting Nazis." Because a good soldier doesn't bitch-and-moan about what you have to do to shoot Nazis; he just knows that shooting Nazis is his job and at the end of the day, you do whatever you gotta do to get-em-dead.

...or that he referred to running up billable hours on client files as "selling cocaine." And that his instructions on how to be speak to clients was: "you have to make them want the cocaine."

...or that he referred to Irishmen as "White Niggers," and boasted that he he was "street smart" because he grew up throwing hands in Newark.

Yeahhhhhhhhh. It was one of those places. (basically a Wolf of Wall Street type shitshow, in the form of a law office)

_______

Two weeks into the job they send me to criminal court for the first time. It was a drug case. The client was accused of using marijunana—again—while already on probation for an earlier drug offense. I get the client file. Its empty; the only thing in there is a bill stating that the firm has already put 2 hours of file review work into the case and that the client owes us $400 for this work.

I spoke to the senior attorneys about this. I asked them how they were billing a guy for 2 hours of file review on an empty file. I further asked how they wanted me to prepare for Court and what arguments they wanted me to make.

The only answers I could get out of them were: "Just make sure he pays us the money. Talk to the guy and see what we can find out. If we got nothing, just tell the Court we need a postponement and more time to prepare. The more we work the case, the more we can bill him."

...okay...not helpful...

But my job was to represent this guy to the best of my ability. I was gonna do my job.

So I called the client. I got the facts. I worked out that they had drug tested him approximately one month after the beginning of his probationary period; that was when he failed and they charged him with violating the terms of his probation.

...that meant the time that had passed between the beginning of probation and his drug test was less time then it took THC to clear out of the system of a heavy user.

...that meant he could have smoked weed before his probationary period started, completely followed the terms of his probation, and still failed his drug test on the date administered.

...that meant the State could not prove based on the test results that he had actually violated probation.

So I go to Court. I put this argument in front of a judge. The judge agrees and dismisses the charges. Done. Won the case without having to request a postponement or drag my guy back to Court a second time. Didn't have to plead him to anything or pay any fine. One appearance—case dismissed.

This was unquestionably the best outcome for the client, and the outcome I was professionally and ethically obligated to pursue as an advocate of the client's best interests.

I get back to the office and the senior attorney just fucking goes off on me. Calls an office meeting in the main conference room. Gathers the entire staff. And in front of everyone tells me : "What the FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU; ending the case in one appearance! We could have fucked this guy for another $7,500. That's our money. You lost my money. Don't you ever fucking lose my money. I will throw you out the fucking door if you fuck with my money! Now you have to fix this!"

...he makes me watch as the secretary drafts a falsified invoice, billing the client for $1,200 worth of work never performed.

...he directs the secretary to send the client an email with false legal advice; stating that the case had not been resolved, he was still facing criminal charges, and he could go to jail if he didn't pay us for further representation. (none of this was true)

...he explicitly tell me: "If you ever have to do this, put the secretary's name on it. Lawyers can get ethics violations. Secretaries can't. You don't want these pricks coming after you with ethics violations." (i.e. he very clearly knew that what they were doing was illegal)

...he gives me the file with the falsfied bill, tells me to call the client and collect the money, and tells me that if he disputes his obligation to pay I should just run his credit card info on-file through our billing software and mark down that he consented to the payment. (that's credit card fraud)

He told me to "grow some hair on my balls," that if I didn't perform as instructed I wasn't getting paid, and that this was just how "street smart" lawyers did business. I needed to be "street smart," like him. It wasn't stealing; "We earned that money. Don't you EVER fucking say we didn't earn that money! You speak with REVERENCE about what we do in this office!"

I thanked him for his clarity. Told him that I understood. I took the file. I went home. And I immediately typed up my letter of resignation.

After that I was grossly underemployed and taking shit jobs and money was tight for a while.

But eventually I impressed the right people and get the job I have today, with good attorneys doing good work for good value, taking down racists a-holes and sexual harassers and dirty cops.

^^^

Holy shit. I hope you're joking, because if you're not then holy shit. lmao

That dude needs to be sued, jailed, and butt raped.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

Holy shit. I hope you're joking, because if you're not then holy shit. lmao

That dude needs to be sued, jailed, and butt raped.

Comment

^^^
                            low bar to be sure but that meme is the best thing to come out of the new trilogy

Comment

That's some fucked up shit, dude. How is he not in jail?

Comment

...or that he referred to running up billable hours on client files as "selling cocaine." And that his instructions on how to speak to clients was: "you have to make them want the cocaine."

_______

...okay...not helpful...

^^^

Damn I'm surprised dude was getting away with that out in Newark unless he has some ties, you would think someone would have been blasted his ass after getting charged for BS.

Comment

_______

...okay...not helpful...

^^^

Fucking hell

Tbh I wouldn't even have gotten past the interview. That's a clear indication that they don't take their job seriously, let alone ethically. Would happily work my ass off making fast food than cheating people with false expenses, and that's saying a fucking lot

No joke, in a world full of scumbags, law and politics are where the real ones are
                                  Switch FC: SW-5328-8869-1579

Comment

Originally posted by EnemyOfDaState View Post

Damn I'm surprised dude was getting away with that out in Newark unless he has some ties, you would think someone would have been blasted his ass after getting charged for BS.
                                    He probably knows his ideal targets- maybe people that don't know anything about legal affairs, busy enough to not want to challenge it, probably people who couldn't afford more legal fees...

If he gets those kinds of people, he'll ride their ass. If not, he probably chills out with the be if he assumes the client would fight back.
                                    (Just waiting for another set)

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

He probably knows his ideal targets

If he gets those kinds of people, he'll ride their ass.
                                      Bingo.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                      Auto-Saved
                                      x
                                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                                      Working...
                                      X