Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you have affection to an object how would you write it or say it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you have affection to an object how would you write it or say it?

For example, if you really like your dog, you'd say "What a nice doggy". But what about a cat? You wouldn't call it a catty, I've never heard that before. How about a house, car,etc?

And how exactly did saying doggy come to be if the English language doesn't really use diminutives. My guess is that it came by mixing puppy and dog.

• dan
    replied
    Muh dick

Leave a comment:

• Issa
    replied
    Originally posted by Ziku View Post
    I fucked my crayon box in the ass.
    Floridians.

Leave a comment:

• Phobetor
    replied
    Intriguing.

Leave a comment:

• Doctor.
    replied
    hot

Leave a comment:

• Ziku
    replied

Leave a comment:

• blah
    replied
    You say kitty?

Leave a comment:

• Mae Borowski
    replied
    Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
    This post affected me on a personal level.
    Hehe

Leave a comment:

• Mae Borowski
    commented on 's reply

• OrganizationXV
    replied
    Originally posted by Mae Borowski View Post
    For cat it's kitty. If you wanna go the extra mile it's kitty witty bo bitty ma mitty shmitty werben yankerman jenson da fenson wenson menson bo benson.

For house it's housey mousey.

For car it's WADAP CAH MA MAH BAH! AH BAH BAH! AWAWAWA DA CAH WAH! AAAAAAAAAHHHH~ MA CAH BAH WAH! *hugs car and rubs its hood*

Pretty much add a fake word that rhymes and further warp and deform it into madness.

For example I have a friend named Gutierrez, so I changed his nickname to Guccierrez and shortened it to Gucci then Guki then Gugi or Googy and I can do all kinds of things with that, like Googy Woogy Boogy ma Moogy Doogy

I also have a friend named Fromm and his nickname went from Frommward to Frommwardo to Rrromwardo to RRRAMARRRDO to IT'S A ME, RRRAMAAARDIO!
    This post affected me on a personal level.

Leave a comment:

• Cid
    replied
    Originally posted by Mae Borowski View Post
    For car it's WADAP CAH MA MAH BAH! AH BAH BAH! AWAWAWA DA CAH WAH! AAAAAAAAAHHHH~ MA CAH BAH WAH! *hugs car and rubs its hood*
    And then you stick it in the exhaust pipe.

Leave a comment:

• Mae Borowski
    replied
    For cat it's kitty. If you wanna go the extra mile it's kitty witty bo bitty ma mitty shmitty werben yankerman jenson da fenson wenson menson bo benson.

For house it's housey mousey.

Pretty much add a fake word that rhymes and further warp and deform it into madness.

For example I have a friend named Gutierrez, so I changed his nickname to Guccierrez and shortened it to Gucci then Guki then Gugi or Googy and I can do all kinds of things with that, like Googy Woogy Boogy ma Moogy Doogy

I also have a friend named Fromm and his nickname went from Frommward to Frommwardo to Rrromwardo to RRRAMARRRDO to IT'S A ME, RRRAMAAARDIO!
    Last edited by Mae Borowski; July 8th, 2018, 11:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Cid
    replied
    I add Ys (or end with an E to replicate the sound) to the end of everything I like. That used to be my thing. I just did that with everyone's names on MvC.

Leave a comment:

• Syd
    replied
    Usually, English speakers just call things they like pet names or use adjectives. Stuff like "Ain't she a beaut" to describe a boat. Calling a car "my baby." An English speaker (that I know of) would probably just say "That's a fine/nice looking house," if they're talking about a house.

And from what I can tell, English uses the suffix -y a lot (usually to mean ''this thing is like [blank]") though the diminutive usage like "doggy" comes from German.

Leave a comment:

• OrganizationXV
    replied
    Board are a 'she'. Does this help your research?

Leave a comment:

• Max
    replied
    Some people name thier cars

Leave a comment:

• Thar
    replied
    "I think I like this thingy, but I dunno."

Leave a comment:

• Doctor.
    replied
    Kitty exists.

Leave a comment:

• Pocket Rocket
    replied
    Originally posted by #83.6666666667 View Post

I knew you'd just add a y to thing. I know you know that by adding a y, you don't convey affection but rather confusion or uncertainty.
    Oh

Leave a comment:

• #83.6666666667
    replied
    Originally posted by Pocket Rocket View Post
    "I like this thingy."
    I knew you'd just add a y to thing. I know you know that by adding a y, you don't convey affection but rather confusion or uncertainty.

Leave a comment:

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
Working...
X