Lol maybe..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol maybe..

Facial recognition is pretty dumb. Getting rid of the fingerprint thing was a bad move. I like my Galaxy S8+

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post
      Facial recognition is pretty dumb. Getting rid of the fingerprint thing was a bad move. I like my Galaxy S8+
      I hear the fingerprint thing go back and forth with whether or not its reliable.

Comment

Originally posted by Edgar ReAnimus View Post

I hear the fingerprint thing go back and forth with whether or not its reliable.
        I've been using it for about a year and haven't had any problems with it.

Comment

I've been using it for about a year and haven't had any problems with it.
          Yeah I'm sure it works most of the time for people, but it could glitch out to a pattern that seems similar. Not sure if that's happened, but I think biological nuance can only go so far when humans are more mixed; not you personally or individually, but species wise. I feel I could be Wrong since idk about fingerprints much, but if it works, that's all that mostly matters at the moment.

Comment

Yeah I'm sure it works most of the time for people, but it could glitch out to a pattern that seems similar. Not sure if that's happened, but I think biological nuance can only go so far when humans are more mixed; not you personally or individually, but species wise. I feel I could be Wrong since idk about fingerprints much, but if it works, that's all that mostly matters at the moment.
            Fingerprints are inherently unique to every person. It's why we use them in law enforcement to track criminals. They're very reliable. Now, with phones that reliability drops some thanks to small sensors, but it's still much, much better than facial recognition.

Comment

Fingerprints are inherently unique to every person. It's why we use them in law enforcement to track criminals. They're very reliable. Now, with phones that reliability drops some thanks to small sensors, but it's still much, much better than facial recognition.
              Yeah, the only place I hear about it is forensics, and phones now apparently lol..

Comment

Yeah, the only place I hear about it is forensics, and phones now apparently lol..
                I'd imagine the technology isn't cheap. And there aren't too many practical uses for fingerprint scanning. lol

Comment

Working...
                X