Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never bothered with Nu-Star Wars, but lmao

Just found out that apparently

they brought back Palpatine in the last movie and completely shit all over Vader's sacrifice.

Glad I never bothered with the new trilogy lol.
    Originally posted by Kajin_Style
    I have this illness called "Having-a-Heart" and gives me this irrational sense of empathy and care for my fellow man.

Really? My wife's son and I watched them all and they were pretty good

Comment

a masterpiece to look at

a travesty to think about

Comment

Originally posted by Pocket Rocket View Post
        Just found out that apparently

they brought back Palpatine in the last movie and completely shit all over Vader's sacrifice.

Glad I never bothered with the new trilogy lol.
        From what I heard- I haven't bothered watching any of the newer Star Wars films:

Apparently, Rey is Palpatine's grand-daughter, which technically means that Palpatine's lineage persevered over the Skywalker lineage by the end of this new trilogy.

Quite an uplifting parcel of news, huh?

Comment

• Pocket Rocket
          Pocket Rocket commented
          Editing a comment
          disney really did just want to cash in on the brand lol

• Mr.Sunshine
          Mr.Sunshine commented
          Editing a comment
          Pocket Rocket:

Most definitely.

I had just imagined that the masses would have reached such an obvious conclusion years ago; however, I forgot how susceptible the masses are to market products waved in their faces, and wagging their tails to the delight of soulless corporations.

Oh well.

They received what they paid for: pure, unfiltered mediocrity.

Originally posted by Max View Post
        Really? My wife's son and I watched them all and they were pretty good

sometimes seeing people happy about something just really pisses me off
        I have this illness called "Having-a-Heart" and gives me this irrational sense of empathy and care for my fellow man.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Sunshine View Post

From what I heard- I haven't bothered watching any of the newer Star Wars films:

Apparently, Rey is Palpatine's grand-daughter, which technically means that Palpatine's lineage persevered over the Skywalker lineage by the end of this new trilogy.

Quite an uplifting parcel of news, huh?

not to mention, Kylo was technically more of a Skywalker than Rey ever was, yet they killed him off and gave her the name

really makes you think

Comment

the next trilogy is going to be great though just wait

Comment

I’ve seen Episode 7 and 9. I tried to watch episode 8 between them on Netflix...but I got pretty bored in the first 8 minutes. Just wasn’t feeling it. I watched the other two in theaters.

The new Star Wars trilogy is seemingly entirely style-over-substance. They don’t really add anything of value to the Star Wars story, at least not without being horribly inconsistent and wonky (for example, Palpatine came back and the narrative of accepting your lineage was thrown out the window by Rey appropriating the Skywalker name and 8 seems to have even more narrative issues from what I’ve heard of it)...they just look good

But with millions of dollars to pump into CGI, that’s a given.

And if you like Star Wars for style, that’s great, but I do have interest in the Star Wars universe for more than the high-quality pew-pew-pews.

The new trilogy is just a downgrade everywhere else...even compared to the prequels.

And Vader’s a tough act to beat, but couldn’t they have at least tried something else other than a poor man’s version of him? Lol.
              Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; January 14th, 2020, 12:23 PM.

Comment

fucking horses in space lmao

Comment

The Chad Vader vs The Virgin Kylo Ren
                  FBD34939-C9E4-463F-9A5B-21BE7654892B.jpeg
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; January 14th, 2020, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thar View Post

not to mention, Kylo was technically more of a Skywalker than Rey ever was, yet they killed him off and gave her the name

really makes you think
                    In short, It'sAGundam- more or less, covered everything that every sane person felt was wrong with the new Star Wars films, and then some more with the end of the trilogy.

I truly don't understand how anyone can defend the mediocrity that these new Star Wars films have brought to the table, but I suppose that people in Twitter observe the world in a different light then you and I.

Comment

saw tfa in theaters, tlj on a plane, realized i wasn't going to bother with ros when i heard this https://youtu.be/i6pbI9niN4k?t=106

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post
                      The Chad Vader vs The Virgin Kylo Ren
                      FBD34939-C9E4-463F-9A5B-21BE7654892B.jpeg
                      being serious, at least jj abrams knows how to bring out adam driver's talent while lucas fell flat on his face with christensen

Comment

Originally posted by Aure0lin View Post
                        being serious, at least jj abrams knows how to bring out adam driver's talent while lucas fell flat on his face with christensen
                        I don't think I can bring myself to give a shit...even if that was the case (which I'm not even entirely sure of because I don't fully remember the prequels).

...Kylo Ren is just such a lame character...
                        Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; January 18th, 2020, 02:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X