Venting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Venting Thread

This is a place for people to vent, confess, etc and hopefully even receive some support or empathy

Whatever issues you happen to be dealing with, or are trying to overcome be it childhood trauma, mental issues, addiction; nothing is off limits

Sometimes acknowledgement or even just having someone to talk with can help when you feel like you're facing things that seem simply insurmountable

This is a "Safe space" in so much as can be made on this site now I don't expect us to handle each other like we're holding a toddler but don't be a dick or I will report you, there's countless other threads to roast each other
    Last edited by dan; December 9th, 2019, 06:30 PM.

To make a long fucking story short, I shoved a whole bag of jelly bea-- oh wait, I mean, I'm a recovering alcoholic, clean for idk like three weeks

I've been trying to cut back on smoking tobacco but I still haven't entirely kicked the habit

I struggle with countless mental health issues almost certainly stemming from a lot of childhood trauma including anything ranging from living in poverty, sexual and physical abuse, witnessing domestic abuse between basically every relative that my family had anything to do with and a myriad of other boohoo-feel-sorry-for-me-shit. I've also ruined basically every romantic relationship I've had and am barely in contact with all the friends I once had and have felt terribly lonely for a long time

However, I've been improving step-by-step. Aside from addressing my addictions I've managed to find a shitty part time job just up the road that isn't all that bad and I've dramatically improved my health and fitness in just under 3 months. I've also found more "reason" in my life now that I've been spending more time with my parents, they're more or less my reason to do better, they're both pretty old and my mother has had pretty bad health issues for more than a decade, thankfully she's been doing more or less okay recently but I want to be able to provide more for her before she's gone

Despite just coming out of two of the hardest months of my life I feel more optimistic than I have in a while, which is to say at all

Comment

I was just about to bitch about my ex still coming over to my house because I live with her siblings, but this is way more serious lol.

I know you've had a rough go of it dude, but I'm really happy to hear things are looking up at least somewhat. Kicking drugs and alcohol is hard, getting back on your feet is hard, and I'm super happy for you
      Originally posted by Wade
      Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
        I was just about to bitch about my ex still coming over to my house because I live with her siblings, but this is way more serious lol.

I know you've had a rough go of it dude, but I'm really happy to hear things are looking up at least somewhat. Kicking drugs and alcohol is hard, getting back on your feet is hard, and I'm super happy for you
        Well that does sound awkward af to say the least, and that really means a lot to me, truly

I've struggled for so long now that I'm used to stress and no small amount of grief but I'm make it, I am dan afterall

Comment

Originally posted by dan View Post
          This is a "Safe space" in so much as can be made on this site now I don't expect us to handle each other like we're holding a toddler but don't be a dick or I will report you, there's countless other threads to roast each other
          shut up loser lol
          Originally posted by Snap
          "man you always know what to get me for my birthday, you really are a nigger"

Comment

Originally posted by dan View Post

Well that does sound awkward af to say the least, and that really means a lot to me, truly

I've struggled for so long now that I'm used to stress and no small amount of grief but I'm make it, I am dan afterall
            Just keep in mind that you're doing a lot for yourself to make the next day better than the last. As you leave your substance abuse in the past, as you start to get some money in your pocket, as you give yourself some breathing room to think about your situation- you'll be able to help yourself get even further. As a kid, I genuinely expected to grow up and work a dead-end job until at some point I just found the time to drive off a cliff, but at this point I have an honest-to-god plan for myself, and it's fucking amazing dude.
            Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
              Get revenge. Bang her siblings.

Comment

Originally posted by Ziku View Post

Get revenge. Bang her siblings.
                I mean... that'd do it lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sheko View Post
                  shut up loser lol
                  "post ur arms"

-dan, 2016

Comment

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Comment

Man, I'm a little bit upset. Snow wasn't able to get the plane ticket for December 20. The earliest she could get the ticket was January 25, which is another entire month to wait to meet in person. She did buy me a Rolex watch though.

I'm kinda pissed about this, but at least it gives me an extra month to prepare for her arrival.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Sometimes I just feel empty, like there should be some meaning to my life that just isn't there. Like, I was close to falling asleep at 5 pm today. And even when I didn't, for a while I had a bunch of things I could do but that just felt pointless. I'm over it now, though.

Comment

Working...
                        X