Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modern """"art""""

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Modern """"art""""

    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/art-bas...ch-2019-12-06/
    Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
    Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

    #2
    Based

    Comment


      #3
      Good for him, making money off stupid rich people.
      Originally posted by Wade
      Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

      Comment


        #4
        Why didn't I think of that

        Comment


          #5
          The banana is obviously symbolic of the Phallus of Damocles that permeates our everyda-- haha, I can't. Imagine hustling some trust-fund rat for that much bank while putting in as little effort as Toriyammer-sensei. Fucking based.

          Comment


            #6
            I miss when artists would do crazy shit like cut off an ear when they went bananas
            Originally posted by Kajin_Style
            I have this illness called "Having-a-Heart" and gives me this irrational sense of empathy and care for my fellow man.

            Comment


              #7
              ...Good lord...

              ...I might just pull something like this one day for some easy bucks, lol...
              Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; December 7th, 2019, 02:56 PM.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post
                ...Good lord...

                ...I might just pull something like this one day for some easy bucks, lol...
                The hard part isn't making it, it's getting someone rich and dumb enough to buy it.
                Originally posted by Wade
                Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

                Comment


                  #9
                  I wish I had the luxury to spend 120k on dumb shit

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Louay View Post
                    I wish I had the luxury to spend 120k on dumb shit
                    Imagine being 120k poorer and then having a pure black banana taped to your wall in a week
                    Originally posted by Wade
                    Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Prime example as to why we need a wealth tax.

                      Comment


                      • OrganizationXV
                        OrganizationXV commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It IS the wealth tax

                      #12
                      Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

                      The hard part isn't making it, it's getting someone rich and dumb enough to buy it.
                      the beautiful part is that you don't have to do anything, some pseud will make the argument for you about how it's such a great piece to look smart
                      https://twitter.com/tjohntailor/stat...51316095533057

                      Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

                      Imagine being 120k poorer and then having a pure black banana taped to your wall in a week
                      let's be real 120k is probably nothing for whoever frequents these modern art galleries regularly enough to make such a purchase
                      it's probably the only thing he gets a kick out of at this point, we're going beyond 1st world problems here...

                      Comment


                        #13
                        Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

                        The hard part isn't making it, it's getting someone rich and dumb enough to buy it.
                        and also becoming rich and successful enough for someone of that status to even acknowledge it

                        Comment


                          #14
                          Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

                          The hard part isn't making it, it's getting someone rich and dumb enough to buy it.
                          They don’t look like they’re in short supply, TBH.

                          This banana isn’t the only dumb thing people have bought with an outrageous amount of bucks, lol.
                          Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; December 7th, 2019, 04:46 PM.

                          Comment


                            #15
                            Originally posted by Thar View Post

                            and also becoming rich and successful enough for someone of that status to even acknowledge it
                            I could probably fake it.

                            I’m a CS nerd, I’ll just use my nerd skills to make a good enough digital portfolio for these art connoisseurs. And buy a good enough looking suit to look the part.

                            Also something I can put on my resume once I fool them.
                            Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; December 7th, 2019, 04:53 PM.

                            Comment


                              #16
                              do you think he ate that banana before it rotted or did the stench and maggots add to message of the piece that life is fragile and ever fleeting, or meaningless as I like to call it
                              Originally posted by Kajin_Style
                              I have this illness called "Having-a-Heart" and gives me this irrational sense of empathy and care for my fellow man.

                              Comment


                                #17
                                In the 50's the desire to mock the elitist art world lead to the rise of Pop Art, in the 70's we got Graffiti which evolved numerous times over the decades but now we have a banana on a wall. Can this even be called "performance art"?

                                Comment


                                  #18
                                  Originally posted by Pocket Rocket View Post
                                  do you think he ate that banana before it rotted or did the stench and maggots add to message of the piece that life is fragile and ever fleeting, or meaningless as I like to call it
                                  quiet cathartic, really

                                  Comment


                                    #19
                                    Apparently some guy went to the exhibition and ate the banana lol
                                    Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
                                    Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

                                    Comment


                                      #20
                                      Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post
                                      Apparently some guy went to the exhibition and ate the banana lol
                                      my hero

                                      Comment

                                      Working...
                                      X