My kind of consistent top 5 manga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My kind of consistent top 5 manga

1. duh fucking One Piece, the best comic ever made, likely the best work of fiction made by human hands

2. Shigurui a record of beautifully grotesque period in Japan and the affects it may have had on the people living in it

3. Baki series - the best martial arts story ever told

4. Bastard!! Heavy Metal, Dark Fantasy which basically established the aesthetic of old (read: good) Guilty Gear and also did the naming characters based on Rock/Metal bands before Jojo and better

5. Jagaaaaaan the best running seinen series

The first chapter of Hokuto no Ken is honestly one of the best pieces of comics ever made as well

Honorable mentions to Early Naruto, Early Bleach, Early Gantz, Shaman King, Berserk, Toriko, Kongoh Bancho, and basically anything by Tetsuya Saruwatari creator of Riki-Oh and Tough

Eh I read Jagaaaan. Art's really good but the story's just alright

Comment

Originally posted by Salvador Kali View Post
      Eh I read Jagaaaan. Art's really good but the story's just alright
      Chapter 50 is the best culmination of story telling in the medium in a very long time, but that's just my opinion

Comment

Where's dbz
        Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
        Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post
          Where's dbz
          Dragon Ball is largely the reason anyone in the West reads manga or watches anime, and it's a direct influence on One Piece

I actually respect Toriyama as an artist and particularly as a character designer far more than I do Dragon Ball itself, now don't get me wrong, the Saiyan Saga is monumental, Piccolo is one of the best characters ever in anything, DBZ is probably the biggest pop culture touchstone barring Star Wars and The Marvel films but The "Yammer" is far from a one trick pony is all

Comment

OP seems really out of place with the other top spots, lol.
            Originally posted by Wade
            Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

Working...
            X