Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My New Weight Loss Goal. Do you think I'll make it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My New Weight Loss Goal. Do you think I'll make it?

So yesterday at the doctor I weighed in at 181 lbs. This is the lightest I've been in the past 16 years. I have lost another 18 pounds in the past 3 weeks.

The doctor said I should be able to lose another 15 pounds in the next two months. I have beaten his projection every month since starting the diet, so I am feeling good about that.

My short-term goal is to lose another 16 pounds in the next 30 days, getting down to 165 pounds.

My long term goal is to lose 26 total pounds, reaching 155 pounds, by December 20, when Yang Xue ("Snow") should arrive from Hong Kong. That would be another 26 pounds lost in 50 days. Considering I just lost 18 pounds in 21 days, this should be doable. :)

In addition to being on the zero carbs diet, I will be walking and doing some other basic exercises.

I have not yet rejoined a martial arts class, but I intend to do that some time within the next few months.

Do you think I'll be able to lose another 26 pounds by December 20?

Also, I am not certain what my ideal body weight will be. It might be even lower than 155lbs. however, I need to build back several pounds of atrophied muscle, so that might offset some of the loss of fat and fluid. I think 155 pounds is a good guess for final ideal weight though, because I might be able ot lose more than 26 additional pounds of fat and fluid, but assume I build back 5 to 10 pounds of muscle with time.

If I get in good enough shape, I intend to start training several hours per week, and enter a professional MMA circuit. I used to beat two 2nd degree black belts in a 1vs2 handicap match in multiple attacker drills. I'm confident that if I were in ideal physical shape again, I could still beat one 2nd degree black belt in a 1vs1 in MMA. I don't even think it would be a challenge. My Sensei could have won the UFC heavy weight division if he would have competed. He was 230 pounds of solid muscle at age 32, 4th degree black belt, you couldn't hurt him in the body with any attack. they used to break 1.5 inch thick oak bos over his gut and he wouldn't even flinch at it. I don't think Chuck Lidell would have jack shit on Sensei Mark Meyers.

A few years ago, I was watching a "Point Knockdown" tournament in Japan on Youtube. I commented with disgust that they weren't actually all that good of fighters, even though they were "second degree black belts". Someone on the thread was like, "These are second degree black belts, they'd kick your ass."

And I was like, "No guy, I eat second degree black belts for lunch...and they're not even GOOD second degrees black belts. lol."

The only reason I never got a black belt is because Isshinryu Karate promotes by Kata, in addition to fighting skill level and physical fitness test, but I was never great at memorizing Kata. I got stuck on the Black Belt Kata and failed the Black Belt test 4 times in a row, even though I easily passed and exceeded all the other requirements.

Anyway, I'm getting too old for this, but if I lose another 26 pounds, I will join a Juijitsu dojo and train ground game for 6 months, a couple times per week, (my stand up game is already 3rd Degree Black Belt level), and then I'll join an MMA circuit and see whether I can still win a real fight against a 21 years old Black Belt. I am a Third Degree Brown Belt in Issinryu, but I don't know what happened to my Third Degree Plaque, but I still have the Second Degree Plaque in my closet. In 6 months I can probably make Purple Belt in Juijitsu if I work hard enough at it.

Comment

I think it's good to remember that the more you lose weight, the harder it is to keep losing weight. You might not be able to hit that goal, but that doesn't mean you're making bad progress.
      Originally posted by Wade
      Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
        I think it's good to remember that the more you lose weight, the harder it is to keep losing weight. You might not be able to hit that goal, but that doesn't mean you're making bad progress.
        Yeah, I know. The doctor and nurse were shocked that I lost that much weight that fast again. They expected it to start slowing down sooner.

I also got my testosterone test results back. Total testosterone was exactly in the middle of "normal". Free testosterone was on the low end of "Normal", but the doctor said weight loss and exercise will make it go back up. He said I don't need shots or supplements at this time, which is a relief, because my younger cousin had low testosterone and he needed to get monthly shots to fix the problem. .

Comment

Dude, I'm legit proud of your progress. It's awesome to see people put themselves on a good track and stay there
          Originally posted by Wade
          Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

Be realistic and have yourself a burger

Comment

Originally posted by OsamaBinBallin View Post
              Be realistic and have yourself a burger
              Burgers are allowed. The Bread and mayonaise are not allowed, though.

Meat does not hurt you at all, that's a myth. I've been eating lots of meat every day for 4 months now.

Comment

I think that progress is too rapid. You will definitely have loose ski and stretch marks.

Also, you could also just fast and still eat junk. Fast or 3 days and then eat like shit for a few hours and the fast for another three days.

Comment

Very nice. You're making a lot of progress.
                  Originally posted by Helly;n542091
                  Also, lol @ "I'm busy". You admit you have no life and go to many forums, and in the same post lie about havingLmao. Go work on your fictitious "dream" instead of wasting your time lying to us about how important you are.

Comment

you could always get a tapeworm and just eat whatever you want
                    Originally posted by Kajin_Style
                    I have this illness called "Having-a-Heart" and gives me this irrational sense of empathy and care for my fellow man.

Comment

Working...
                    X