I'm going to sign back up for Juijitsu classes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to sign back up for Juijitsu classes

Now that I've lost 40 pounds of fat and fluid, I need some regular exercise and some martial arts training. I used to be a third degree brown belt in Isshinryu Karate when I was 19 years old, but I lost the plaque somewhere. I still have the second degree plaque though. I'm going to start back over as a white belt and work my way to a black belt in Gracie Juijitsu. I don't deserve a brown belt right now, I'm in too bad of physical shape.

I am 38 years old right now and turn 39 in December. My goal is to be in better shape by age 40 than I was at age 17. I have been told by two fitness experts that it's possible. I just need to train twice per day every day from now on, and eat at least 100 to 120 grams of protein every day. They also suggested some additional vitamin supplements, which I bought yesterday.

If I'm understanding their schedule correctly, I should be able to train 5 days per week at the local Gracie United Dojo, and memberships are transferrable, so if I move to Metairie I can attend at the LaPlace Dojo.
    Last edited by Wade; October 1st, 2019, 12:57 PM.

I'll also be getting a gym membership pretty soon, and working out with weights on Saturday and Sunday. I have severe muscle atrophy and can only do 12 max push-ups right now,. I used to max 50 push-ups non-stop,. I have started doing 2 sets per day of push-ups and several other exercises to try to build at least some muscle back.

I am also going to talk to my doctor and NP about the possibility of low testosterone, low EPO, and Low Human Growth Hormone. If I have any of those problems, they can fix that with injections and pills now.

Comment

Just make a life update thread like Chaos did. Less clutter for the main page.

Comment

I like to think we ushered you into this change of attitude with our relentless bullying uwu

Comment

i think learning ninjutsu would be more beneficial

Comment

Please. don't come beat any of us up for being mean. We were only joking.

Comment

You're 38? lmaoooo

Comment

Originally posted by Flame Saber View Post
                You're 38? lmaoooo
                Dude's been grappling with mental illness, which he's starting to beat. I know people his age that steal everything that isn't nailed down, then either gamble it away or sell it for chump change to buy some meth, and afterwards he'll be wandering out murmuring gangster rap like he's fucking accomplished something.

Wade's doing super well for himself, don't belittle him.
                Originally posted by Wade
                Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

Working...
                X