Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steve Scalise isn't offering anything that would stop Stephen Paddock from killing 50 people

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steve Scalise isn't offering anything that would stop Stephen Paddock from killing 50 people

In this case, the only conceivable way to stop the mass shooting, since nobody saw any warning flags, is if it was illegal to own the automatic/sem-automatic weapons in the first place.

Republicans might argue that the bad guys will get the illegal weapons anyway, but I see no evidence for this. Every major mass shooting in recent years has been from someone who purchased the weapons legally, easily.

Trump: "Background Checks"

WTF. Stephen Paddock passed the background checks. He was a millionaire with no criminal record and no motive. How do you stop this short of a full ban on the weapons?

I mean damn, how is this so hard to understand.

Comment

I agree on this, we should get rid of guns outside the military completely

Comment

Originally posted by Chara View Post
        I agree on this, we should get rid of guns outside the military completely
        Imagine...for a moment...that we banned all the guns...

"Beep beep, I'm a sheep, beep beep I'm a sheep."-You.

"Hmmmmm...yummy..."-That guy that just bought some high-quality firearms off the black market.

Comment

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post

Imagine...for a moment...that we banned all the guns....
          You don't have to, it's called every country with a low crime rate
          Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
          Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

"Hmmmmm...yummy..."-That guy that just bought some high-quality firearms off the black market.
            Okay but why does the market have to be black

Comment

Nobody who's doing mass shootings has bought their weapon off the black market. They don't have to! They get them cheap at a gun show or super market.

Comment

Originally posted by Wade View Post

Nobody who's doing mass shootings has bought their weapon off the black market. They don't have to! They get them cheap at a gun show or super market.
                Tru I seen a rifle shop in Walmart

Comment

Originally posted by Wade View Post

I was talking about a hypothetical situation in which we banned guns, my guy, which is what Chara was suggesting we do, lol...

Jeez you’re stupid.

Comment

“Don’t ban murder because people will break the law”

Comment

Originally posted by Augustus Caesar View Post

“Don’t ban murder because people will break the law”
                      Making acts illegal and making possession of certain things illegal are not exactly the same tasks, my guy.

...Especially when there are as many guns in the US as there are...

So in light of that...I prefer deterrence, on top of principle (I believe people should be allowed sufficient self-defense).

In fact, that principle was pretty helpful in preventing a mass shooting recently...

These kinds of preventions have happened before, but this one was actually pretty recent...
                      Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; August 10th, 2019, 01:06 AM.

Comment

You wouldn't need a heater for "self-defense" if everyone weren't strapped in the first place, you autismo.

Comment

Making acts illegal and making possession of certain things illegal are not exactly the same tasks, my guy.

...Especially when there are as many guns in the US as there are...

So in light of that...I prefer deterrence, on top of principle (I believe people should be allowed sufficient self-defense).

In fact, that principle was pretty helpful in preventing a mass shooting recently...

These kinds of preventions have happened before, but this one was actually pretty recent...
                          People shouldn’t be forced to carry around guns because Kyle from down the street can buy an AR-15 from Walmart. The only reason “deterrence” is needed is because random retards can buy weapons that can murder dozens of people at a time.

Obviously it’s impossible to change gun laws to that extent, as is confiscating everybody’s guns or whatever, but acting like the solution is “deterrence” as if you’re an NRA created bot is pretty ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Augustus Caesar View Post

People shouldn’t be forced to carry around guns because Kyle from down the street can buy an AR-15 from Walmart. The only reason “deterrence” is needed is because random retards can buy weapons that can murder dozens of people at a time.
                            No one’s saying you should be forced to...but the option is always neat. And enough people having weapons in enough locations? Could very well help with these incidents...our shooters like finding places where people are uhh...definitively unarmed, so to say.

He could also buy practically any other rifle or handguns and have more or less just as much firepower at his disposal. Virginia Tech Massacre wasn’t done with an AR-15, after all.

But yeah, keep going on about this whole AR-15 business...

The only things I’m willing to change is maybe some more background checks (namely, universal checks, maybe some more time spent on them). But my favorite solution would be getting the law enforcement and other institutions off its ass to do it’s job, honestly, on top of isolating other factors that have contributed to the increase of the mentalities leading to these disasters and trying to minimize them.

Seems that all too many if not all of these shooters had plenty of moments where they could have been prevented from being a bunch of assholes but the actors that could have nabbed them early...sat on their butts. Or during the shooting, that also works at increasing the kill count, funnily enough.

All of that would significantly cut down how many of these we have without passing a single gun control bill. Another great thing would be to change how the media handles shooters, although this is unlikely to change...

...These shooters seem to get inspiration from the “heroes” they see on television...

Obviously it’s impossible to change gun laws to that extent, as is confiscating everybody’s guns or whatever, but acting like the solution is “deterrence” as if you’re an NRA created bot is pretty ridiculous.
                            And are you really one of those guys hyped up about this NRA bogeyman...?

They’re not that big, you know that, right? Lol.
                            Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; August 10th, 2019, 03:48 AM.

Comment

No one’s saying you should be forced to...but the option is always neat.

He could also buy practically any other rifle or handguns and have more or less just as much firepower at his disposal. Virginia Tech Massacre wasn’t done with an AR-15, after all.

But yeah, keep going on about this whole AR-15 business...

The only things I’m willing to change is maybe some more background checks (namely, universal checks, maybe some more time spent on them). But my favorite solution would be getting the law enforcement and other institutions off its ass to do it’s job, honestly, on top of isolating other factors that have contributed to the increase of the mentalities leading to these disasters and trying to minimize them.

Seems that all too many if not all of these shooters had plenty of moments where they could have been prevented from being a bunch of assholes but the actors that could have nabbed them early...sat on their butts. Or during the shooting, that also works at increasing the kill count, funnily enough.

All of that would significantly cut down how many of these we have without passing a single gun control bill. Another great thing would be to change how the media handles shooters...

...These prices seem to get inspiration from the “heroes” they see on television...

And are you really one of those guys hyped up about this NRA bogeyman...?

They’re not that big, you know that, right? Lol.
                              Why are you arguing semantics? I’m not specifically talking about AR’s, I’m using them as an example of a weapon which the average retard can buy. I’m not specifically saying that the NRA is some all powerful boogeyman, I’m mocking you by comparing you to them since you mimic their talking points (although they are powerful in their own right). And I don’t literally mean force someone to have a gun, I mean forcing someone to choose between “potentially get shot” or “carry around a gun” is ridiculous.

Like I said, it’s pretty much impossible to go with the easy solution to mass shootings because of how slow our political system is, and because people like you, who are so hung up on an extremely outdated part of a constitution written 200 years ago that they’re more willing to let people die in dozens than give up their guns exist. So yeah, I more or less agree with your solutions that are barely solutions. I dislike how much “the media” glorifies these shooters by showing their faces and names, I hate how I know the shooter’s name more better than any of the victims, I agree that we need to engage in a personal war against domestic terrorism, and I also agree that background checks should be universal. Ultimately, though, these are just alternate solutions because of a population that’s too stubborn to give up their weapons that allow one man to singlehandedly kill up to 50 people.
                              Last edited by Augustus Caesar; August 10th, 2019, 04:01 AM.

Comment

Dear RCA,

Patriotism doesn't mean ignoring your country's faults and acting like every tradition is solid.

Sincerely,
                                a nationalist.
                                Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post
                                  Dear RCA,

Patriotism doesn't mean ignoring your country's faults and acting like every tradition is solid.

Sincerely,
                                  a nationalist.
                                  I used to think he was a deep-cover Russian bot, but maybe he's just a massively overcompensating Uncle Timofei.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord L'Zoril View Post

I used to think he was a deep-cover Russian bot, but maybe he's just a massively overcompensating Uncle Timofei.
                                    He grew up locked alone in his room playing violent computer games

It's literally no surprise he's a war fetishist, probably pops a boner every time a mass shooting happens

Comment

Originally posted by dan View Post

He grew up locked alone in his room playing violent computer games

It's literally no surprise he's a war fetishist, probably pops a boner every time a mass shooting happens
                                      Weeaboos > gamers unironically now, huh

Comment

Originally posted by Lord L'Zoril View Post

Weeaboos > gamers unironically now, huh
                                        99% of the time they are the same

Comment

Working...
                                        X