I had an boil lanced last night

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had an boil lanced last night

Yesterday morning I was able to get some of it out on my own using a straight needle, but it was located on my left hip/buttocks so I couldn't see it very well to lance it properly on my own. So last night I went to the ER to have it done properly. The NP didn't prescribe me oral antibiotics, but did prescribe an antibiotic ointment which he said works better than the over-the-counter antibiotic ointments.

It was only a "3" on the pain scale from 1 to 10, so I've obviously experienced worse pain many, many times before. The pain wasn't the problem, it was just the intellectual knowledge of an infection growing out of control was enough to send me to the ER.

Ew man.

Comment

They should call these damned things the "butt-munch".

I swear, they always appear in places that are hard to see or hard to work on otherwise. I'v ehad them at the base of my spine, under my arm pit, and now on my bottom again, but one year I had one at the base of the shaft of my dick; I swear I did some praying whenever that happened! A couple months ago, I had one under my jaw.

There is no common sense pattern to when and where they form. It's just an infected hair follicle which grows out of control.

Comment

You went to the ER to... pop a boil? Not even urgent care or just an appointment with a dermatologist?

How much did that cost?

Comment

Originally posted by Thar View Post
          You went to the ER to... pop a boil? Not even urgent care or just an appointment with a dermatologist?

How much did that cost?
          I'm about 95% sure he's got medicaid, so it didn't cost him anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

I'm about 95% sure he's got medicaid, so it didn't cost him anything.
            You are correct, I am medically disabled due to Poly Neuropathy. If not for that, I would't be able to afford my normal prescription medications, as just one of them would cost me about $500 per month to purchase. I still keep a full time job though.

Comment

Originally posted by Wade View Post

You are correct, I am medically disabled due to Poly Neuropathy. If not for that, I would't be able to afford my normal prescription medications, as just one of them would cost me about $500 per month to purchase. I still keep a full time job though.
              Yeah, heathcare is bullshit. My son gets medicaid as well, if not for that I would be forking out about $150 a month for his medicine (and that would be with the insurance I get from my job, without any iinsuranceit would be over $1000)

Vote for Bernie.

Comment

Originally posted by Thar View Post

How much did that cost?
                I haven't seen the bill yet, but it's probably around $1000.

The urgent care places around here don't accept medicaid nor medicare, and they're almost that expensive anyway.

I honestly didn't think about scheduling with a dermatologist, as the abcess was all the way down into the fatty tissue, not just skin deep, it was as deep as a straight needle is long. I wasn't aware that dermatologists lance boils anyway, but thanks for the heads up, I might try that next time this happens.

Even with Medicaid and Medicare, I'm probably still going to end up paying a few hundred out of pocket for this.
                Last edited by Wade; March 7th, 2019, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wade View Post

I haven't seen the bill yet, but it's probably around $1000.

The urgent care places around here don't accept medicaid nor medicare, and they're almost that expensive anyway.

I honestly didn't think about scheduling with a dermatologist, as the abcess was all the way down into the fatty tissue, not just skin deep, it was as deep as a straight needle is long. I wasn't aware that dermatologists lance boils anyway, but thanks for the heads up, I might try that next time this happens.
                  If you catch it early enough, your family doctor can lance it.

Comment

Bruh clean your ass tf

Ban this nigga

Comment

Y dis need a topic doe.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

Yeah, heathcare is bullshit.
                        Had to get the baby's bellybutton swabbed with disinfectant after the umbilical chord fell off. Took the pediatrician about 10 seconds.

$95 dollar "service"
                        Last edited by Post-Crisis Shob; March 7th, 2019, 12:09 PM.

Comment

keep us updated about any future dick boils and stay safe
                          Originally posted by Kajin_Style
                          I have this illness called "Having-a-Heart" and gives me this irrational sense of empathy and care for my fellow man.

Comment

Originally posted by Post-Crisis Shob View Post

Had to get the baby's bellybutton swabbed with disinfectant after the umbilical chord fell off. Took the pediatrician about 10 seconds.

$95 dollar "service"
                            I legit didn't have to pay a dime for anything when my son was born.

But hey, expanding medicaid is bad.

Comment

This is the hard hitting topics that the people want most.
                              Originally posted by Snap
                              "man you always know what to get me for my birthday, you really are a nigger"

Comment

Originally posted by dan View Post
                                Bruh clean your ass tf

Ban this nigga
                                It was on the left hip about 2 inches below the belt. Its actually a relatively clean portion of the body, because it is covered by 2 or 3 layers of clothing most of the time.

Dirt is not what causes bacterial infections.

I've been informed by a medical doctor that it is caused by an overturned hair folllical, w hich then gets infected. I have a genetic tendancy to have this hair defect, so I am slightly more vulnerable to abcesses than most people. My father and my uncle on my father's side of the family also both had this problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X