X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dan
    started a topic Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Have you ever seen a more perfect woman?

• dan
    replied
    Originally posted by Noodle-kun View Post

I'm gonna bump this til Dan gets his ginger pubes in here
    What can I say, she's perfect

Leave a comment:

• Noodle-kun
    replied
    Originally posted by Noodle-kun View Post
    Ey yo dan dis why u made dis thread boi?
    I'm gonna bump this til Dan gets his ginger pubes in here

Leave a comment:

• Ladd
    replied
    We need to get these old farts out of office. If you're over 59 gtfo.

Leave a comment:

• J peth
    replied
    Originally posted by Sheko View Post
    Hahaha the dumb bitch can't even get support from her own side. Career is DOA lol
    She has support of people "on her own side". She's not on the side of the old guard of the democratic party, she's literally the figurehead of the recent push for a new democratic party.

Leave a comment:

• Sheko
    replied
    Hahaha the dumb bitch can't even get support from her own side. Career is DOA lol

Leave a comment:

• Kajin_Style
    replied

She said we're dead in 12 years. How many voted to save the world? Lmao
    And Trump said he knows the best of words. They all exaggerate.

However the point of her statement is that shit is gonna get real scary and fast if we don't do something by that 12 year mark which is the point of no return for our climate. The world won't end by then but it'll start feeling that way the years after if we leave it as is.

https://www.inverse.com/article/5265...climate-change

SO AGAIN -- Stop skimming Fox News feeds.

Leave a comment:

• Sheko
    replied
    Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post

You really need to quit skimming Fox News feeds.
    She said we're dead in 12 years. How many voted to save the world? Lmao

Leave a comment:

• Kajin_Style
    replied

How many people voted for her Green Deal again?
    You really need to quit skimming Fox News feeds.

Leave a comment:

• Sheko
    replied
    She is killing it.
    How many people voted for her Green Deal again?

Leave a comment:

• Kajin_Style
    replied
    She is killing it.

This youtuber makes short videos with a bit commentary to explain the situation. This one is 6 mins and is about the financial crisis and how 7.8 million homes were foreclosed but only 1 CEO got arrested for it while the rest just got fines.

Leave a comment:

• Cid
    replied
    Originally posted by Louay View Post

Not to discredit the effort behind all the mental gymnastics but my question was just how does all this lead to the conclusion that 18-34 yo white men (and white women for that matter, since she's only at +5 with women despite whites obviously being the majority of the women in the poll (according to the number of women and non-whites in the article's PDF source) and the women of color almost certainly all leaning toward favorable.) are in the positive side of the spectrum.
    The point is that you can't draw conclusions like that, and the argument of AOC and her "white" knights are somehow even more fallacious than the people who came up with the original claim that she's underwater with most demographics.
    I actually didn't even realize that there was a PDF with further information. I'm sure somebody could actually use known percentages in that document in conjunction with other polls to actually determine her favorability for those groups... But I don't care that much. This poll is skewed pretty dramatically, though. It's 60% conservative, which is going to throw a wrench into any data that comes from it since that's nearly double the percentage of conservative Americans.

Leave a comment:

• Louay
    replied
    Originally posted by Cid View Post

You kind of have to extrapolate the information from the data yourself and compare to other known data sets.

We know that people of color tend to skew democrat (something close to 75% of nonwhites), as do you women (about 55%) and young people (about 60%) at lower percentages. We know that older people, but white men especially tend to skew republican. (so keep that in mind when looking at the breakdown via party affiliation, +41 for Democrat and -68 for Republican.)

Looking at the gender data, you've got -24 for men and +4 for women. (remember, she does poorly with republicans, who tend to skew older, male, and white.)

Look at the race data, she's at -24 for whites and +20 for non-whites. (again, PoC tend to skew democrat.)

Finally you've got age groups. +5 for the 18-34 crowd, -9 for the 35-54 bunch, and -22 for the 55+ people.(Notice that as the age increases, so do her negative numbers... Again, this coincides with the political party data.)

Using that information, it's not difficult to come to the conclusion that she's probably only in the negatives with older, white men.
    Not to discredit the effort behind all the mental gymnastics but my question was just how does all this lead to the conclusion that 18-34 yo white men (and white women for that matter, since she's only at +5 with all women despite the women of color almost certainly all leaning toward favorable.) are in the positive side of the spectrum.
    The point is that you can't draw conclusions like that, and the argument of AOC and her "white" knights are somehow even more fallacious than the people who came up with the original claim that she's underwater with most demographics.
    Last edited by Louay; March 18th, 2019, 06:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Cid
    replied

It doesn't mention it because the original poll this is taken from doesn't categorize the age groups according to gender or race, so there's literally no way to tell. The whole point I brought this up is because I can't see how they reached the conclusion in the graph that the only group she is getting worse with is specifically 35+ yo white men (seriously, if everything about white men in the article implies there's a drop in number of favorable votes, how did they conclude 18-34 yo white men count is lower when the 18-34 row in the table includes non-whites and women?)
    You kind of have to extrapolate the information from the data yourself and compare to other known data sets.

We know that people of color tend to skew democrat (something close to 75% of nonwhites), as do you women (about 55%) and young people (about 60%) at lower percentages. We know that older people, but white men especially tend to skew republican. (so keep that in mind when looking at the breakdown via party affiliation, +41 for Democrat and -68 for Republican.)

Looking at the gender data, you've got -24 for men and +4 for women. (remember, she does poorly with republicans, who tend to skew older, male, and white.)

Look at the race data, she's at -24 for whites and +20 for non-whites. (again, PoC tend to skew democrat.)

Finally you've got age groups. +5 for the 18-34 crowd, -9 for the 35-54 bunch, and -22 for the 55+ people.(Notice that as the age increases, so do her negative numbers... Again, this coincides with the political party data.)

Using that information, it's not difficult to come to the conclusion that she's probably only in the negatives with older, white men.

Leave a comment:

• Louay
    replied
    Originally posted by Cid View Post

According to the article, it means exactly what the graphic shows as far as I can tell. There's no distinction between the age groups until it talks about whites, age 35+. If she was in the negatives with women and men of color age 35 or over, you would think it would mention it.
    It doesn't mention it because the original poll this is taken from doesn't categorize the age groups according to gender or race, so there's literally no way to tell. The whole point I brought this up is because I can't see how they reached the conclusion in the graph that the only group she is getting worse with is specifically 35+ yo white men (seriously, if everything about white men in the article implies there's a drop in number of favorable votes, how did they conclude 18-34 yo white men count is lower when the 18-34 row in the table includes non-whites and women?)

Leave a comment:

• DokTOR.
    replied
    Originally posted by Post-Crisis Shob View Post

Old white men are the biggest group represented there, soooo...

Leave a comment:

• Cid
    replied

I'm not an expert in the English language but I think what they implied by mentioning women/non-whites and 18-34 year olds separately was that the decrease in people aged 35+ was not restricted to whites
    According to the article, it means exactly what the graphic shows as far as I can tell. There's no distinction between the age groups until it talks about whites, age 35+. If she was in the negatives with women and men of color age 35 or over, you would think it would mention it.

Leave a comment:

• Louay
    replied
    Originally posted by Post-Crisis Shob View Post

I'm not an expert in the English language but I think what they implied by mentioning women/non-whites and 18-34 year olds separately was that the decrease in people aged 35+ was not restricted to whites

Leave a comment:

• Post-Crisis Shob
    replied
    Not sure how I feel about that response.

Leave a comment:

• Cid
    replied
    Originally posted by King John View Post

My nigga don't get dizzy with all that spin you trying to do. Independents tend to lean left more than right. The fact that her numbers went down with 18-35 year olds and women is surprising. And of course if you factor out any group that doesn't like her,her numbers will be positive, who isn't that true of?
    About 40% of American voters are independent... About 30% are democrats, and about 25% are republicans. So if 40% of voters are independent and most of them lean left and if there are more dems than reps... How the hell do republicans ever win an election? Lmao.

Truth is, most independents probably lean right or are moderate, which explains how only 25% of the country are republican while their candidates still get close to 50% of the total vote.

Thought her numbers with women and young people increased?

And you can't really count republican opinions on a democrat (or vice-versa) because they're going to have a strong negative opinion, regardless. Most republican voters want better healthcare and a higher minimum wage... So long as it isn't a democrat suggesting it. That's just how bad the political bias in America is.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X