Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Cid View Post

    Innocent people are being murdered in the streets in both scenarios and in both scenarios, those innocent people did whatever they could to escape. Nothing else matters. You've been listening to too much republican propaganda.
    I haven’t listened to any propaganda, it’s literally obvious without anything a Republican or their supporters have said, lol.

    ”But people are being murd-“

    Yes, and people have been murdered here...in this very country.

    Innocent ones, too. Even on the streets, on occasion.

    But that’s not like the Holocaust, even the pre-Holocaust build up.

    For that same logic, I’m not going to compare what’s happening south of the border to all that either. Fleeing a crime-ridden place is not the same as fleeing state-sponsored murder machines.

    And you could have gotten it 20 years ago. A balanced solution doesn't exist anymore and I don't particularly give two shits what you want.

    Hopefully in 2020 Dems will take an even bigger lead in the House, they secure the Senate, and win the Presidency so they can put the Green New Deal into effect.
    Maybe I want a balanced solution because it would be better than blindly taking a hammer to the problem? Lol.
    Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; February 12th, 2019, 07:46 PM.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Oneiros View Post

      I mean, I actually agree that OC (assuming she's not full of shit even now) will trade in her idealism and soul for money and power in just a few years' time, but uh...
      That shit's from a copypasta. Just stole it.

      https://www.twitchquotes.com/copypastas/2047

      "i think its hilarious u kids talking shit about -insert name-. u wouldnt say this shit to him at lan, hes jacked. not only that but he wears the freshest clothes, eats at the chillest restaurants and hangs out with the hottest dudes. yall are pathetic lol"

      Comment


      • Kai’ckul
        Kai’ckul commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL

        The "yall are pathetic" (even as he's hugging his bf's nuts) killed me

      Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post
      I haven’t listened to any propaganda
      "Let Trump have his wall" - You a couple weeks ago.

      You've been spewing republican propaganda pretty much constantly for the last several months, so don't give me that shit. Yeah, the Jews had it pretty fucking bad 80 years ago. That, in no way, diminishes the horrors that are happening across central America.

      Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post
      Maybe I want a balanced solution because it would be better than blindly taking a hammer to the problem? Lol.
      Since when was the Green New Deal taking a hammer to the problem? That just shows how hilariously uninformed you are. AOC's proposals closely follows the outline proposed by The Trump Administration in the Fourth National Climate Assessment. She built that entire bill around the recommendations of scientists, not on her own whims.

      THERE IS NO BALANCED SOLUTION.

      Republicans FUCKED the possibility for a balanced solution. The nuclear option is all we've got left now. If that's too much for you then I heard there's some private companies shipping people off to Mars, go get on one of them.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Cid View Post

        "Let Trump have his wall" - You a couple weeks ago.

        You've been spewing republican propaganda pretty much constantly for the last several months, so don't give me that shit. Yeah, the Jews had it pretty fucking bad 80 years ago. That, in no way, diminishes the horrors that are happening across central America.
        The only reason I proposed building the wall was to end the shutdown, and use it strategically on the build up to 2020 (rub the failure in the faces of the enemy).

        I acknowledged that it was useless...you know, the standard position? Only thing I didn't say was that it was immoral, but that's too much for you, I guess. Except when Peth says it's good political capital, because then it's not Right-Wing propaganda, I know.

        And none of my later positions beyond the shutdown controversy had anything to do with Republican propaganda unless Republican propaganda involves going to the sources of the issues, which is literally where all of those positions came from.

        -The truancy laws. Based on what Kamila Harris said.
        -The abortion issue. Based on the bills and what the governer said.
        -The Green New Deal. Based on what Cortez said and/or wrote.
        -This thing about AOCs stupidity about illegals. Things I've learned from reading about Nazi Germany and how it compares to what we actually know about what's going on in South America (which I've learned outside of any Right-Wing sources as well).

        And my foreign affairs position? You know, the one Conservatives are all WAR MONGERS on ([i]supposedly?). Basically 90% Left-Leaning, lol.

        Haven't touched Fox News once for any of these...

        You know, for someone who held my "Leftist hate boner" against me back then...you don't seem to be a whole lot different when it comes to the Right.

        Because your hate is justified, amirite?
        Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; February 12th, 2019, 08:11 PM.

        Comment


          Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post
          -SNIP-
          You argued with me over my refusal to read your shitty conservative news source. You know, the one that had a storied history of creating and publishing false material for the sole purpose of bashing liberals. And not only did you fucking argue with me over it, but you got so pissy that you left the site for over a month after I called you out on your bullshit.

          Yeah, you've been in the republican propaganda machine. And it's your own damn fault for being too stupid to realize what everyone else here can clearly see.

          Comment


            Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post

            The only reason I proposed building the wall was to end the shutdown, and use it strategically on the build up to 2020 (rub the failure in the faces of the enemy).

            I acknowledged that it was useless...you know, the standard position? Only thing I didn't say was that it was immoral, but that's too much for you, I guess. Except when Peth says it's good political capital, because then it's not Right-Wing propaganda, I know.

            And none of my later positions beyond the shutdown controversy had anything to do with Republican propaganda unless Republican propaganda involves going to the sources of the issues, which is literally where all of those positions came from.

            -The truancy laws. Based on what Kamila Harris said.
            -The abortion issue. Based on the bills and what the governer said.
            -The Green New Deal. Based on what Cortez said and/or wrote.
            -This thing about AOCs stupidity about illegals. Things I've learned from reading about Nazi Germany and how it compares to what we actually know about what's going on in South America (which I've learned outside of any Right-Wing sources as well).

            And my foreign affairs position? You know, the one Conservatives are all WAR MONGERS on ([i]supposedly?). Basically 90% Left-Leaning, lol.

            Haven't touched Fox News once for any of these...

            You know, for someone who held my "Leftist hate boner" against me back then...you don't seem to be a whole lot different when it comes to the Right.

            Because your hate is justified, amirite?
            Off topic this is the dumbest position on the issue I have heard so far. "Yeah I know it's a waste of billions in tax payer money but just do it so Trump will do his job."

            Comment


              Originally posted by King Solomon View Post

              Suffering is inherent in this system. This system is built on it. Why do you think that the Yellow Vest protests in France are gaining weight? People are tired of it; they're being sucked dry no matter who they fucking vote for. Where do you think jewelry comes from? Poor people - many of them children - slaving away in mines in Africa. Where do clothes come from? Chinese kids slaving away in a factory somewhere? Do you really think that they enjoy what they do, that they fulfill their childhood by working at sewing machines, under some psychopath who treats like the shit on their shoe? Look at Africa, look the Middle East. Do those places have it good? Do you understand that most people on this planet are suffering? Even here in the West; do you think that your average dude in a loveless marriage, working 8 hours a day in a cubicle is having fun? Do you think that he is happy? No. People are suffering dude, and the only way to change it is by doing what you can in your own way. You can't rely on politcians to do the work for you, because its not in their self interest. We don't need to be like them, do we? With enough numbers, and a proper direction, beyond the ego and the self, the world can change overnight.

              Its not about gaining magic powers or learning Sharingans. But if you change yourself in a positive direction, other people will follow in some way. For instance, I took the decision to start going to the gym. My friends noticed that I was improving physically and mentally (just more chilled out, confident, funnier) and most of them started doing the same on a regular basis. We all started to improve based on that. If you implement small changes, improve your character, people will notice and more often than not, they will ask questions and begin to incorporate positive changes in their life. As they do so, their immediate friends and family will do the same. A ripple effect is created. Now the same can occur on a systemic level with a different purpose (the gym example is an example; I am not stating that going to the gym will improve the world in itself).

              Lets say for instance that one person decides to say NO to this system. At first people will ridicule him/her. However, over time, they may notice (depending on how the initial person handles their shit), that this person is more full of life, their soul isn't crushed anymore or bearing unnecessary burdens. They will then slowly, but surely begin to follow. Now that doesn't mean they suck his dick and name him Cult Leader, but they will change themselves in their own way. If everyone starts to change themselves, the world will change too. Being egotistical, and full of shit only invites more of the bullshit. Being sure of yourself and on a constant path to a greater reality will impact others on both a consious and subconsious level. Of course, one requires the tools and the knowledge to free themselves of their ego and see beyond their own self-perceived shortcomings.

              @thread I'm not saying this shit to be edgy guys; I am not here to offend you or to make you feel terrible about yourselves. I am pointing out that she is gonna do jack shit and just because she's got blowjob eyes and a nice body, doesn't mean she's a good person who just wants to help the poor. Lets see who she hangs with. All elitist fags like her. Not a single poor person. Not a single normal down to Earth being. Just retarded, rich elitist cucks and useful idiots who are liars and usurpers of the natural fucking order. Fuck this bitch. Hope someone throws her into a furnace (a Moloch furnace, to be exact). Would be ironic, considering what her ilk get up to behind closed doors. Planned Parenthood indeed. Yay late term nearly born abortions fucking brilliant. What a fucking example for humanity. Fuck this Luciferian bitch and her stupid Coven of small-minded idiots, who are tools for those more powerful than them. Worthless fucking piss and shit.

              I spit on their legacy, their ancestors and I shit on their lineage.

              P.S. I am actually done with this particular topic. Don't @ me faggots. Just wasted 35 minutes of my life on this stupid comment and I don't intend to waste anymore time on this topic. In 2 years, when this bitch does jack shit for people who actually need it (because that is EXACTLY what is going to happen) I want you ALL to say "wow, King Solomon is truly so incredible, has a big peepee, is jacked, wears the freshest clothes and hangs with the hottest dudes". If you don't, you will be cursed by that blue genie from Aladdin (was his name Abdul or some shit?) and Robbie Rotten.
              Has a point, but still...

              Comment


                Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post
                Besides, Cid, do you really think we’re gonna be able to achieve all those in the Green New Deal in 10 years, especially coupled with any new planned social reforms (college and Medicare, specifically) that the Dems might have planned...?

                Combatting climate change is only so good in so far as the solutions don’t come with serious repercussions.

                The way AOC wants to do it is not the best way.

                It wouldn’t be bad if...again, the Democratic presidential nominees weren’t basically embracing it.

                Warren, Kamila, etc.
                So instead you propose not doing anything at all? Because that's were this subtle increments have gotten us, no they actually got us Trump and the end of the Paris Agreement.

                Comment


                  letting trump finish the wall will instill a sense of accomplishment that will give the country a much needed morale boost

                  Comment


                  • Kajin_Style
                    Kajin_Style commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Moral boost to who? It ain't the majority cause the majority didn't vote for him. He's been slowly shedding off his base with his nonsense day in and out. The latest is people's tax returns.

                  Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post
                  Some of that got removed (the farting cows, hopefully the intersectionality BS, maybe the bit on airplanes too), but the general idea's still the same; completely overhaul the economy in 10 years and make it 100% renewable. Even the downsized version is still too radical.
                  I see no mention of this whole "stop cows from farting" nonsense in the proposal

                  and yes I just read the entire thing again just to make sure and see if there was something to that effect. The only thing I can think of that comes close to it would be that the language would dictate potentially cutting down on beef production which would mean we'd be breeding less cows.

                  The only thing I can find is that she mentioned that we can't reach having completely 0 emissions within ten years because of (farting) cows and airplanes being so ingrained in society.... which is sensible more than moronic like you're making it out to be.

                  or perhaps you just read some hatchet article that attacked her or perhaps a video that took her out of context?
                  Last edited by J peth; February 12th, 2019, 11:38 PM.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Cid View Post

                    Yeah, you've been in the republican propaganda machine. And it's your own damn fault for being too stupid to realize what everyone else here can clearly see.
                    You think onlythe Republicans have a propaganda machine? You think the only robots are the people screaming “LOCK HER UP,” as if “IM-PEACH HIIIIIIMMMMMMM” isn’t also ridiculously screeched, also by members of our own government?

                    And do you think only the Left is capable of coming up with even a half-decent anything...?

                    Because that’s not how it is, lol.

                    And I’m not gonna pretend anything Right-Leaning =/= auto-bad because of anything you say.

                    I won’t pretend this with the Left either.

                    So I view Right sources and Left ones alike, and come to conclusions on what I’ve seen.

                    In this case, I’m for AOC’s general direction, simply not the specifics.

                    So once again...

                    Best we agree to disagree.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by J peth View Post

                      I see no mention of this whole "stop cows from farting" nonsense in the proposal

                      and yes I just read the entire thing again just to make sure and see if there was something to that effect. The only thing I can think of that comes close to it would be that the language would dictate potentially cutting down on beef production which would mean we'd be breeding less cows.

                      The only thing I can find is that she mentioned that we can't reach having completely 0 emissions within ten years because of (farting) cows and airplanes being so ingrained in society.... which is sensible more than moronic like you're making it out to be.

                      or perhaps you just read some hatchet article that attacked her or perhaps a video that took her out of context?
                      This is probably the first time RCA has heard about cows actually being a large producer of chemicals. Which is a serious issue.
                      Last edited by #83.6666666667; February 13th, 2019, 12:03 AM.

                      Comment


                        RCA while reading "Green New Deal":
                        "Well so far I don't like it but it's not so bad"
                        *Reads 3 (B) and (C)
                        ....
                        .
                        .
                        .

                        ..

                        .
                        ..
                        .
                        .
                        .
                        .
                        .
                        .
                        .
                        .
                        .
                        .
                        .
                        .
                        .
                        .

                        Comment


                          That’s not my main problem with it.

                          I’ve emphasized this, but it wants to do too much too quickly, so unless it’s seriously overhauled in terms of the time proposals and extent of the reforms, we won’t get any progress...or by some chance of happenstance, we get a half-assed deal pushed through and wind up with what are more likely than not unnecessary consequences.

                          Comment


                            I like how people immediately hate AOC despite her being 29, first time being in a political office. In her first few weeks she's exposed so much with her questioning. She clearly has a solid team around her and not to mention she chats on twitter and Instagram. She stays connect and has conversations with everyday people. She remains passionate about helping people and the environment.

                            Yet because she's a Democrate she's immediately a demon and corrupt. She ain't even have enough time in office to get bribed to become corrupt! LOL seriously some of you people, I swear.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post
                              Ignoring the proposal for waging war against the farting bovines (lol), the whole thing is completely predicated on the idea that in 10 years you'll be able to overhaul the economy to something completely different as if it's feasible or even believable in that time span.
                              I know it seems funny that cows maybe contributing to climate change but consider this:

                              -There are 1.3-1.5 billion+ cows in the world. Aye.. 4+ cows per american in the US.
                              -Each cow releases upwards of 70-120kg (154lbs-264lbs) of methane each year.
                              -Methane is said to be 23-30 times more dangerous than CO2. In some studies even higher.
                              -People are actually trying to find ways to capture the methane released from cows and store it in tanks to sell as fuel. It is that potent.

                              https://www.quora.com/How-many-cows-...e-in-the-world
                              https://www.drovers.com/article/worl...-countries-fao
                              https://timeforchange.org/are-cows-c...at-methane-CO2
                              https://muchadoaboutclimate.wordpres...ually-produce/ <-- picture mid way through
                              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atmospheric_methane
                              https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0327111724.htm
                              https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...-stations.html
                              https://www.fastcompany.com/3028933/...-it-for-energy

                              There... 2 links to every fact I made. Do your own research if you don't believe any of these.

                              Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post
                              She had infrastructure overhaul, there was "Righting historical wrongs," with the insertion of a bunch of intersectionality BS, basically getting rid of combustion engine vehicles completely, making airplanes "unnecessary" through improved train systems, and completely reforming to renewables...all of that...in 10 years.

                              That can't even be done in fucking 20, lol.
                              With a stroke of a pen Trump gave the wealthy a $3.8 trillion dollar tax cut. That's a lot money there that could've been spent on infrastructure, green energy, research, healthcare, etc etc..!

                              Funny though that the rich needs yet another tax cut. They've been getting tax cuts since Ronald Regan back in the 80s and funny that, the country has steadily been getting worse! I wonder why, hmm!



                              Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post
                              The proper approach should be to start very small and then slowly progress further up to the level where even 50% of the energy is renewable and continue then to 70%-80% renewable a bit faster before big steps are truly made. In the meantime, from the standpoint of combatting climate change, more of our work should be dedicated to other countries to try and ensure everyone's decreasing their carbon emissions. We're like 15% of the carbon emissions fueling climate change (source). So yes, Donald Trump impinging on these global affairs to combat climate change is very annoying.
                              Other countries have already figured out how to generate renewable energy and some are at 100% renewable or on their way. Philip Defranco had his crew do an amazing piece talking about this is. I highly recommend you or anyone else interested this topic to see what others have done around the world and see... it is not as hopeless as it is being painted out to be.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post
                                That’s not my main problem with it.

                                I’ve emphasized this, but it wants to do too much too quickly, so unless it’s seriously overhauled in terms of the time proposals and extent of the reforms, we won’t get any progress...or by some chance of happenstance, we get a half-assed deal pushed through and wind up with what are more likely than not unnecessary consequences.
                                Wow I can't possibly debunk what you've said, a real master of debate at work and I'm honored to witness it.

                                I mean it must be real hard for you to have such conviction on an issue and present yourself as trying to be intellectual about modern problems while saying absolutely nothing concrete and speak with nothing but vague statements that you don't need to defend, only repeat.


                                seriously, read the god damned document before repeating talking points that other people thought up for you. And when offering criticisms, please point to an actual part of the document so that it can either be defended or your opinion validated.
                                Last edited by J peth; February 13th, 2019, 03:16 AM.

                                Comment


                                  Originally posted by EnemyOfDaState View Post

                                  Off topic this is the dumbest position on the issue I have heard so far. "Yeah I know it's a waste of billions in tax payer money but just do it so Trump will do his job."
                                  lol

                                  yeah he is legit retarded

                                  Comment


                                    Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post
                                    And do you think only the Left is capable of coming up with even a half-decent anything...?
                                    Nobody with any actual degree of intellect believes anything otherwise. The republican party has been an absolute joke for a long time now. The only people voting republican are the really wealthy or the really fucking stupid.

                                    Comment


                                      Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post
                                      I like how people immediately hate AOC despite her being 29, first time being in a political office. In her first few weeks she's exposed so much with her questioning. She clearly has a solid team around her and not to mention she chats on twitter and Instagram. She stays connect and has conversations with everyday people. She remains passionate about helping people and the environment.

                                      Yet because she's a Democrate she's immediately a demon and corrupt. She ain't even have enough time in office to get bribed to become corrupt! LOL seriously some of you people, I swear.
                                      She's a demon because she's ugly
                                      and a communist
                                      Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
                                      Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

                                      Comment


                                      • Kajin_Style
                                        Kajin_Style commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        well.. oh.. ok..
                                    Working...
                                    X