• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Poster Formerly Known as Teal View Post
    <<<< redpill luffy
    What would that even look like?

Comment

Originally posted by Ladd View Post

You sound like an anime character. Chill out with that wack shit.
      Suffering is inherent in this system. This system is built on it. Why do you think that the Yellow Vest protests in France are gaining weight? People are tired of it; they're being sucked dry no matter who they fucking vote for. Where do you think jewelry comes from? Poor people - many of them children - slaving away in mines in Africa. Where do clothes come from? Chinese kids slaving away in a factory somewhere? Do you really think that they enjoy what they do, that they fulfill their childhood by working at sewing machines, under some psychopath who treats like the shit on their shoe? Look at Africa, look the Middle East. Do those places have it good? Do you understand that most people on this planet are suffering? Even here in the West; do you think that your average dude in a loveless marriage, working 8 hours a day in a cubicle is having fun? Do you think that he is happy? No. People are suffering dude, and the only way to change it is by doing what you can in your own way. You can't rely on politcians to do the work for you, because its not in their self interest. We don't need to be like them, do we? With enough numbers, and a proper direction, beyond the ego and the self, the world can change overnight.

Its not about gaining magic powers or learning Sharingans. But if you change yourself in a positive direction, other people will follow in some way. For instance, I took the decision to start going to the gym. My friends noticed that I was improving physically and mentally (just more chilled out, confident, funnier) and most of them started doing the same on a regular basis. We all started to improve based on that. If you implement small changes, improve your character, people will notice and more often than not, they will ask questions and begin to incorporate positive changes in their life. As they do so, their immediate friends and family will do the same. A ripple effect is created. Now the same can occur on a systemic level with a different purpose (the gym example is an example; I am not stating that going to the gym will improve the world in itself).

Lets say for instance that one person decides to say NO to this system. At first people will ridicule him/her. However, over time, they may notice (depending on how the initial person handles their shit), that this person is more full of life, their soul isn't crushed anymore or bearing unnecessary burdens. They will then slowly, but surely begin to follow. Now that doesn't mean they suck his dick and name him Cult Leader, but they will change themselves in their own way. If everyone starts to change themselves, the world will change too. Being egotistical, and full of shit only invites more of the bullshit. Being sure of yourself and on a constant path to a greater reality will impact others on both a consious and subconsious level. Of course, one requires the tools and the knowledge to free themselves of their ego and see beyond their own self-perceived shortcomings.

@thread I'm not saying this shit to be edgy guys; I am not here to offend you or to make you feel terrible about yourselves. I am pointing out that she is gonna do jack shit and just because she's got blowjob eyes and a nice body, doesn't mean she's a good person who just wants to help the poor. Lets see who she hangs with. All elitist fags like her. Not a single poor person. Not a single normal down to Earth being. Just retarded, rich elitist cucks and useful idiots who are liars and usurpers of the natural fucking order. Fuck this bitch. Hope someone throws her into a furnace (a Moloch furnace, to be exact). Would be ironic, considering what her ilk get up to behind closed doors. Planned Parenthood indeed. Yay late term nearly born abortions fucking brilliant. What a fucking example for humanity. Fuck this Luciferian bitch and her stupid Coven of small-minded idiots, who are tools for those more powerful than them. Worthless fucking piss and shit.

I spit on their legacy, their ancestors and I shit on their lineage.

P.S. I am actually done with this particular topic. Don't @ me faggots. Just wasted 35 minutes of my life on this stupid comment and I don't intend to waste anymore time on this topic. In 2 years, when this bitch does jack shit for people who actually need it (because that is EXACTLY what is going to happen) I want you ALL to say "wow, King Solomon is truly so incredible, has a big peepee, is jacked, wears the freshest clothes and hangs with the hottest dudes". If you don't, you will be cursed by that blue genie from Aladdin (was his name Abdul or some shit?) and Robbie Rotten.
      Last edited by King Solomon; February 12th, 2019, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post

What would that even look like?
        Akainu.

Comment

Originally posted by Thar View Post

and hearts, rabbit feet, roses, cheesy moons, pots of pot, and pink balloons?
          Fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by King Solomon View Post
            @thread I'm not saying this shit to be edgy guys;
            Of course not. You just think you're smart and want to show it. Meanwhile, the rest of us, the ones that actually are smart are sitting back and laughing at your ignorance.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

Of course not. You just think you're smart and want to show it. Meanwhile, the rest of us, the ones that actually are smart are sitting back and laughing at your ignorance.
              You're projecting; I don't give a damn about you thinking i'm smart or dumb. Feel free to think that I'm an idiot.

You're the only one here who gives a damn about looking smart on a forum with like 12 users dude.

Comment

Feel free to think that I'm an idiot.
                Oh, I do.

Comment

Oh, I do.
                  Good.

Comment

Honestly, I don't like Ocasio-Cortez, and if Dems are smart, they'll put her in the corner and pretend she doesn't exist. No, having the "right direction" won't save you if your execution is completely bonkers. And while the campaign finance laws were rightfully attacked by her, I don't think anyone in the US actually likes them or thinks that they shouldn't be reformed heavily.

Read her "Green New Deal."

Ignoring the proposal for waging war against the farting bovines (lol), the whole thing is completely predicated on the idea that in 10 years you'll be able to overhaul the economy to something completely different as if it's feasible or even believable in that time span.

At least in the "Green New Deal" page on her website...that she deleted...

She had infrastructure overhaul, there was "Righting historical wrongs," with the insertion of a bunch of intersectionality BS, basically getting rid of combustion engine vehicles completely, making airplanes "unnecessary" through improved train systems, and completely reforming to renewables...all of that...in 10 years.

That can't even be done in fucking 20, lol.

Some of that got removed (the farting cows, hopefully the intersectionality BS, maybe the bit on airplanes too), but the general idea's still the same; completely overhaul the economy in 10 years and make it 100% renewable. Even the downsized version is still too radical.

The problem is that it simply...unrealistic. It also won't matter if other countries get let off the hook for their carbon emissions as we bomb our economy if we legit took the green deal approach and everyone hopped aboard no prob.

The proper approach should be to start very small and then slowly progress further up to the level where even 50% of the energy is renewable and continue then to 70%-80% renewable a bit faster before big steps are truly made. In the meantime, from the standpoint of combatting climate change, more of our work should be dedicated to other countries to try and ensure everyone's decreasing their carbon emissions. We're like 15% of the carbon emissions fueling climate change (source). So yes, Donald Trump impinging on these global affairs to combat climate change is very annoying.

This wouldn’t be a problem if all the major nominees for the Dems weren’t hopping aboard, lol.

On top of stuff like her 70% marginal tax rate, she's also just being generally ridiculous and air-headed (her comments comparing illegals to Jews fleeing from Nazi Germany and Rwandans fleeing being chopped to pieces is truly touching...for my funny bone, lol). There's "a good direction," and then there's over-doing it. Ocasio-Cortez is overdoing it. And her character leaves something to be desired (being "morally right" [however she defines that, BTW] > "factually right" in her mind), too, and I'm not letting her off the hook because the guy in the White House is more annoying in people's Twitter feeds.

There are other people you can get to try and implement the general direction she has without the same level of lunacy.
                    Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; February 12th, 2019, 05:58 PM.

Comment

None of your complaints are valid criticisms?

Comment

None of your complaints are valid criticisms?
                        Do you like AOC?
                        Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
                        Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post

Do you like AOC?
                          I don't really have any feelings towards her, one way or another. She said some really stupid shit during her campaign. But now that she's in office, she's cleaned up quite a bit and she's been making waves with how she's blatantly called out the corruption in congress. I like that. She's only been on the job for a few weeks, though. I'll save my reservations.

But none of that matters. Everything RCA is complaining about is fully justified, his complaints are stupid.

Comment

Everything RCA is complaining about is fully justified
                            So illegals are like Jews fleeing Nazi Germany?

Cuz that’s part of her air-headedness, lol.

Comment

Besides, Cid, do you really think we’re gonna be able to achieve all those in the Green New Deal in 10 years, especially coupled with any new planned social reforms (college and Medicare, specifically) that the Dems might have planned...?

Combatting climate change is only so good in so far as the solutions don’t come with serious repercussions.

The way AOC wants to do it is not the best way.

It wouldn’t be bad if...again, the Democratic presidential nominees weren’t basically embracing it.

Warren, Kamila, etc.
                              Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; February 12th, 2019, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post

Cuz that’s part of her air-headedness, lol.
                                yes, they're both bad
                                Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

I want you ALL to say "wow, King Solomon hangs with the hottest dudes".
                                  I mean, I actually agree that OC (assuming she's not full of shit even now) will trade in her idealism and soul for money and power in just a few years' time, but uh...

Comment

A lot of people entering the country and doing so because they live in violent areas where people are drug out of their houses and shot in the middle of the street for basically no reason. So yeah, it's actually pretty similar.

Besides, Cid, do you really think we’re gonna be able to achieve all those in the Green New Deal in 10 years, especially coupled with any new planned social reforms (college and Medicare, specifically) that the Dems might have planned...?

The way AOC wants to do it is not the best way.

It wouldn’t be bad if...again, the Democratic presidential nominees weren’t basically embracing it.

Warren, Kamila, etc.
                                    No, of course we're not going to to be able to do all of that in 10 years. But that doesn't really matter. We HAVE to make huge strides in this. If Dick Cheney and George Bush would have taken Climate Change seriously back in the early 2000s, maybe it wouldn't be such a dire situation. If Republicans didn't act like a bunch of fucking retards and fight tooth and nail against regulations when Obama was in office, maybe it wouldn't be such a dire situation. If Donald Trump didn't spew his dumbassery on Twitter every time it snowed and didn't back out of the Paris Climate Agreement and cause other countries to question things, maybe it wouldn't be such a fucking dire situation.

But here we are. Climate scientists from all over the world have come together and told us that if we didn't make SIGNIFICANT changes within the next 30 years that we would be FUCKED. The situation is past the point where we can pussy foot around it. We HAVE to make HARD CHANGES NOW if we want to steer the climate from complete disaster. And if we don't? The repercussions are going to be a fuck load of a lot more severe than what AOC is proposing.

This is THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE of our time. Fuck healthcare. Fuck education. Fuck foreign foes meddling in our elections. Fuck the economy. None of it matters if, in 50 years, we're seeing tens of millions of deaths per year due to climate disasters.

Combatting climate change is only so good in so far as the solutions don’t come with serious repercussions.

"Future climate change is expected to further disrupt many areas of life, exacerbating existing challenges to prosperity posed by aging and deteriorating infrastructure, stressed ecosystems, and economic inequality. Impacts within and across regions will not be distributed equally. People who are already vulnerable, including lower-income and other marginalized communities, have lower capacity to prepare for and cope with extreme weather and climate-related events and are expected to experience greater impacts."

"However, the continued warming that is projected to occur without substantial and sustained reductions in global greenhouse gas emissions is expected to cause substantial net damage to the U.S. economy throughout this century, especially in the absence of increased adaptation efforts. With continued growth in emissions at historic rates, annual losses in some economic sectors are projected to reach hundreds of billions of dollars by the end of the century"

"Extreme weather and climate-related impacts on one system can result in increased risks or failures in other critical systems, including water resources, food production and distribution, energy and transportation, public health, international trade, and national security."

"Rising air and water temperatures and changes in precipitation are intensifying droughts, increasing heavy downpours, reducing snowpack, and causing declines in surface water quality, with varying impacts across regions."

"Changes in temperature and precipitation are increasing air quality and health risks from wildfire and ground-level ozonepollution. Rising air and water temperatures and more intense extreme events are expected to increase exposure to waterborne and foodborne diseases, affecting food and water safety. The frequency and severity of allergic illnesses, including asthma and hay fever, are expected to increase as a result of a changing climate. Climate change is also projected to alter the geographic range and distribution of disease-carrying insects and pests, exposing more people to ticks that carry Lyme disease and mosquitoes that transmit viruses such as Zika, West Nile, and dengue, with varying impacts across regions."

"Increasing wildfire frequency, changes in insect and disease outbreaks, and other stressors are expected to decrease the ability of U.S. forests to support economic activity, recreation, and subsistence activities. Climate change has already had observable impacts on biodiversity, ecosystems, and the benefits they provide to society. These impacts include the migration of native species to new areas and the spread of invasive species."

"Yields from major U.S. crops are expected to decline as a consequence of increases in temperatures and possibly changes in water availability, soil erosion, and disease and pest outbreaks. Increases in temperatures during the growing season in the Midwest are projected to be the largest contributing factor to declines in the productivity of U.S. agriculture. Projected increases in extreme heat conditions are expected to lead to further heat stress for livestock, which can result in large economic losses for producers."

"Climate change and extreme weather events are expected to increasingly disrupt our Nation’s energy and transportation systems, threatening more frequent and longer-lasting power outages, fuel shortages, and service disruptions, with cascading impacts on other critical sectors. The continued increase in the frequency and extent of high-tide flooding due to sea level rise threatens America’s trillion-dollar coastal property market and public infrastructure, with cascading impacts to the larger economy. Expected increases in the severity and frequency of heavy precipitation events will affect inland infrastructure in every region, including access to roads, the viability of bridges, and the safety of pipelines. Flooding from heavy rainfall, storm surge, and rising high tides is expected to compound existing issues with aging infrastructure in the Northeast. Increased drought risk will threaten oil and gas drilling and refining, as well as electricity generation from power plants that rely on surface water for cooling."

"Rising water temperatures, ocean acidification, retreating arctic sea ice, sea level rise, high-tide flooding, coastal erosion, higher storm surge, and heavier precipitation events threaten our oceans and coasts. These effects are projected to continue, putting ocean and marine species at risk, decreasing the productivity of certain fisheries, and threatening communities that rely on marine ecosystems for livelihoods and recreation, with particular impacts on fishing communities in Hawai‘i and the U.S.-Affiliated Pacific Islands, the U.S. Caribbean, and the Gulf of Mexico. Lasting damage to coastal property and infrastructure driven by sea level rise and storm surge is expected to lead to financial losses for individuals, businesses, and communities, with the Atlantic and Gulf Coasts facing above-average risks. Impacts on coastal energy and transportation infrastructure driven by sea level rise and storm surge have the potential for cascading costs and disruptions across the country."

"Climate change poses risks to seasonal and outdoor economies in communities across the United States, including impacts on economies centered around coral reef-based recreation, winter recreation, and inland water-based recreation. In turn, this affects the well-being of the people who make their living supporting these economies, including rural, coastal, and Indigenous communities. Projected increases in wildfire smoke events are expected to impair outdoor recreational activities and visibility in wilderness areas. Declines in snow and ice cover caused by warmer winter temperatures are expected to negatively impact the winter recreation industry in the Northwest, Northern Great Plains, and the Northeast. Some fish, birds, and mammals are expected to shift where they live as a result of climate change, with implications for hunting, fishing, and other wildlife-related activities. These and other climate-related impacts are expected to result in decreased tourism revenue in some places and, for some communities, loss of identity."

Yeah, fuck your shit here. We could fuck our economy five ways to Sunday, but if it averted climate disaster then it's worth it.

Comment

We could fuck our economy five ways to Sunday, but if it averted climate disaster then it's worth it.
                                      Please do both.

Comment

A lot of people entering the country and doing so because they live in violent areas where people are drug out of their houses and shot in the middle of the street for basically no reason. So yeah, it's actually pretty similar.

No, of course we're not going to to be able to do all of that in 10 years. But that doesn't really matter. We HAVE to make huge strides in this. If Dick Cheney and George Bush would have taken Climate Change seriously back in the early 2000s, maybe it wouldn't be such a dire situation. If Republicans didn't act like a bunch of fucking retards and fight tooth and nail against regulations when Obama was in office, maybe it wouldn't be such a dire situation. If Donald Trump didn't spew his dumbassery on Twitter every time it snowed and didn't back out of the Paris Climate Agreement and cause other countries to question things, maybe it wouldn't be such a fucking dire situation.

But here we are. Climate scientists from all over the world have come together and told us that if we didn't make SIGNIFICANT changes within the next 30 years that we would be FUCKED. The situation is past the point where we can pussy foot around it. We HAVE to make HARD CHANGES NOW if we want to steer the climate from complete disaster. And if we don't? The repercussions are going to be a fuck load of a lot more severe than what AOC is proposing.

This is THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE of our time. Fuck healthcare. Fuck education. Fuck foreign foes meddling in our elections. Fuck the economy. None of it matters if, in 50 years, we're seeing tens of millions of deaths per year due to climate disasters.

"Future climate change is expected to further disrupt many areas of life, exacerbating existing challenges to prosperity posed by aging and deteriorating infrastructure, stressed ecosystems, and economic inequality. Impacts within and across regions will not be distributed equally. People who are already vulnerable, including lower-income and other marginalized communities, have lower capacity to prepare for and cope with extreme weather and climate-related events and are expected to experience greater impacts."

"However, the continued warming that is projected to occur without substantial and sustained reductions in global greenhouse gas emissions is expected to cause substantial net damage to the U.S. economy throughout this century, especially in the absence of increased adaptation efforts. With continued growth in emissions at historic rates, annual losses in some economic sectors are projected to reach hundreds of billions of dollars by the end of the century"

"Extreme weather and climate-related impacts on one system can result in increased risks or failures in other critical systems, including water resources, food production and distribution, energy and transportation, public health, international trade, and national security."

"Rising air and water temperatures and changes in precipitation are intensifying droughts, increasing heavy downpours, reducing snowpack, and causing declines in surface water quality, with varying impacts across regions."

"Changes in temperature and precipitation are increasing air quality and health risks from wildfire and ground-level ozonepollution. Rising air and water temperatures and more intense extreme events are expected to increase exposure to waterborne and foodborne diseases, affecting food and water safety. The frequency and severity of allergic illnesses, including asthma and hay fever, are expected to increase as a result of a changing climate. Climate change is also projected to alter the geographic range and distribution of disease-carrying insects and pests, exposing more people to ticks that carry Lyme disease and mosquitoes that transmit viruses such as Zika, West Nile, and dengue, with varying impacts across regions."

"Increasing wildfire frequency, changes in insect and disease outbreaks, and other stressors are expected to decrease the ability of U.S. forests to support economic activity, recreation, and subsistence activities. Climate change has already had observable impacts on biodiversity, ecosystems, and the benefits they provide to society. These impacts include the migration of native species to new areas and the spread of invasive species."

"Yields from major U.S. crops are expected to decline as a consequence of increases in temperatures and possibly changes in water availability, soil erosion, and disease and pest outbreaks. Increases in temperatures during the growing season in the Midwest are projected to be the largest contributing factor to declines in the productivity of U.S. agriculture. Projected increases in extreme heat conditions are expected to lead to further heat stress for livestock, which can result in large economic losses for producers."

"Climate change and extreme weather events are expected to increasingly disrupt our Nation’s energy and transportation systems, threatening more frequent and longer-lasting power outages, fuel shortages, and service disruptions, with cascading impacts on other critical sectors. The continued increase in the frequency and extent of high-tide flooding due to sea level rise threatens America’s trillion-dollar coastal property market and public infrastructure, with cascading impacts to the larger economy. Expected increases in the severity and frequency of heavy precipitation events will affect inland infrastructure in every region, including access to roads, the viability of bridges, and the safety of pipelines. Flooding from heavy rainfall, storm surge, and rising high tides is expected to compound existing issues with aging infrastructure in the Northeast. Increased drought risk will threaten oil and gas drilling and refining, as well as electricity generation from power plants that rely on surface water for cooling."

"Rising water temperatures, ocean acidification, retreating arctic sea ice, sea level rise, high-tide flooding, coastal erosion, higher storm surge, and heavier precipitation events threaten our oceans and coasts. These effects are projected to continue, putting ocean and marine species at risk, decreasing the productivity of certain fisheries, and threatening communities that rely on marine ecosystems for livelihoods and recreation, with particular impacts on fishing communities in Hawai‘i and the U.S.-Affiliated Pacific Islands, the U.S. Caribbean, and the Gulf of Mexico. Lasting damage to coastal property and infrastructure driven by sea level rise and storm surge is expected to lead to financial losses for individuals, businesses, and communities, with the Atlantic and Gulf Coasts facing above-average risks. Impacts on coastal energy and transportation infrastructure driven by sea level rise and storm surge have the potential for cascading costs and disruptions across the country."

"Climate change poses risks to seasonal and outdoor economies in communities across the United States, including impacts on economies centered around coral reef-based recreation, winter recreation, and inland water-based recreation. In turn, this affects the well-being of the people who make their living supporting these economies, including rural, coastal, and Indigenous communities. Projected increases in wildfire smoke events are expected to impair outdoor recreational activities and visibility in wilderness areas. Declines in snow and ice cover caused by warmer winter temperatures are expected to negatively impact the winter recreation industry in the Northwest, Northern Great Plains, and the Northeast. Some fish, birds, and mammals are expected to shift where they live as a result of climate change, with implications for hunting, fishing, and other wildlife-related activities. These and other climate-related impacts are expected to result in decreased tourism revenue in some places and, for some communities, loss of identity."

Yeah, fuck your shit here. We could fuck our economy five ways to Sunday, but if it averted climate disaster then it's worth it.
                                        Jews faced forced expropriation of land and wealth, concentration camps, and torture by virtue of being Jews...before the Holocaust even began in earnest, before Poland was invaded.

Not even getting into the Holocaust itself.

Rwanda also included forcing people into death squads if they didn’t kill at least one person deemed undesirable.

Not because of the chance a drug cartel might knock on your door.

Because of state-sanctioned murder on the basis of people’s race.

But yeah, people illegally coming into the US, totally the same thing as fleeing those two genocides.

Well I want a balanced solution, and I’m not tanking the economy to stop climate change.

Not that I won’t work to combat it, just not doing exactly what AOC wants.
                                        Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; February 12th, 2019, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Jews faced forced expropriation of land and wealth, concentration camps, and torture by virtue of being Jews...before the Holocaust even began in earnest, before Poland was invaded.

Not even getting into the Holocaust itself.

Rwanda also included forcing people into death squads if they didn’t kill at least one person deemed undesirable.

Not because of the chance a drug cartel might knock on your door.

Because of state-sanctioned murder on the basis of people’s race.

But yeah, people illegally coming into the US, totally the same thing as fleeing those two genocides.
                                          Innocent people are being murdered in the streets in both scenarios and in both scenarios, those innocent people did whatever they could to escape. Nothing else matters. You've been listening to too much republican propaganda.

Well I want a balanced solution
                                          And you could have gotten it 20 years ago. A balanced solution doesn't exist anymore and I don't particularly give two shits what you want.

Hopefully in 2020 Dems will take an even bigger lead in the House, they secure the Senate, and win the Presidency so they can put the Green New Deal into effect.

Comment

Working...
                                          X