Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cid View Post

You kind of have to extrapolate the information from the data yourself and compare to other known data sets.

We know that people of color tend to skew democrat (something close to 75% of nonwhites), as do you women (about 55%) and young people (about 60%) at lower percentages. We know that older people, but white men especially tend to skew republican. (so keep that in mind when looking at the breakdown via party affiliation, +41 for Democrat and -68 for Republican.)

Looking at the gender data, you've got -24 for men and +4 for women. (remember, she does poorly with republicans, who tend to skew older, male, and white.)

Look at the race data, she's at -24 for whites and +20 for non-whites. (again, PoC tend to skew democrat.)

Finally you've got age groups. +5 for the 18-34 crowd, -9 for the 35-54 bunch, and -22 for the 55+ people.(Notice that as the age increases, so do her negative numbers... Again, this coincides with the political party data.)

Using that information, it's not difficult to come to the conclusion that she's probably only in the negatives with older, white men.
    Not to discredit the effort behind all the mental gymnastics but my question was just how does all this lead to the conclusion that 18-34 yo white men (and white women for that matter, since she's only at +5 with all women despite the women of color almost certainly all leaning toward favorable.) are in the positive side of the spectrum.
    The point is that you can't draw conclusions like that, and the argument of AOC and her "white" knights are somehow even more fallacious than the people who came up with the original claim that she's underwater with most demographics.
    Last edited by Louay; March 18th, 2019, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Louay View Post

Not to discredit the effort behind all the mental gymnastics but my question was just how does all this lead to the conclusion that 18-34 yo white men (and white women for that matter, since she's only at +5 with women despite whites obviously being the majority of the women in the poll (according to the number of women and non-whites in the article's PDF source) and the women of color almost certainly all leaning toward favorable.) are in the positive side of the spectrum.
      The point is that you can't draw conclusions like that, and the argument of AOC and her "white" knights are somehow even more fallacious than the people who came up with the original claim that she's underwater with most demographics.
      I actually didn't even realize that there was a PDF with further information. I'm sure somebody could actually use known percentages in that document in conjunction with other polls to actually determine her favorability for those groups... But I don't care that much. This poll is skewed pretty dramatically, though. It's 60% conservative, which is going to throw a wrench into any data that comes from it since that's nearly double the percentage of conservative Americans.

Comment

She is killing it.

This youtuber makes short videos with a bit commentary to explain the situation. This one is 6 mins and is about the financial crisis and how 7.8 million homes were foreclosed but only 1 CEO got arrested for it while the rest just got fines.

Comment

Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post
          She is killing it.
          How many people voted for her Green Deal again?

Originally posted by Snap
          "man you always know what to get me for my birthday, you really are a nigger"

Comment

Originally posted by Sheko View Post

How many people voted for her Green Deal again?
            You really need to quit skimming Fox News feeds.

Comment

Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post

You really need to quit skimming Fox News feeds.
              She said we're dead in 12 years. How many voted to save the world? Lmao

Comment

She said we're dead in 12 years. How many voted to save the world? Lmao
                And Trump said he knows the best of words. They all exaggerate.

However the point of her statement is that shit is gonna get real scary and fast if we don't do something by that 12 year mark which is the point of no return for our climate. The world won't end by then but it'll start feeling that way the years after if we leave it as is.

https://www.inverse.com/article/5265...climate-change

SO AGAIN -- Stop skimming Fox News feeds.

Comment

Hahaha the dumb bitch can't even get support from her own side. Career is DOA lol

Comment

Hahaha the dumb bitch can't even get support from her own side. Career is DOA lol
                    She has support of people "on her own side". She's not on the side of the old guard of the democratic party, she's literally the figurehead of the recent push for a new democratic party.

Comment

We need to get these old farts out of office. If you're over 59 gtfo.

Comment

Originally posted by Noodle-kun View Post
                        Ey yo dan dis why u made dis thread boi?
                        I'm gonna bump this til Dan gets his ginger pubes in here

Comment

Originally posted by Noodle-kun View Post

I'm gonna bump this til Dan gets his ginger pubes in here
                          What can I say, she's perfect

Comment

Working...
                          X