Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, yeah. Had to remove that image.

Safe for Work, guys. I almost opened this topic with my 8 year standing beside me for shit's sake.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post
      I almost opened this topic with my 8 year standing beside me for shit's sake.
      Oi. Here's something to really scare him:

Comment

Originally posted by Post-Crisis Shob View Post

Oi. Here's something to really scare him:

That's going to give me nightmares.

Comment

Ok, yeah. Had to remove that image.

Safe for Work, guys. I almost opened this topic with my 8 year standing beside me for shit's sake.
          Underboob aint SFW?

Comment

Originally posted by King John View Post

Underboob aint SFW?
            Pretty sure 90% of working adults would get fired if their boss saw that image on a company computer screen during work hours. lol

Comment

Pretty sure 90% of working adults would get fired if their boss saw that image on a company computer screen during work hours. lol
              What about a whale penis?

Comment

What about a whale penis?
                I'm not gonna judge you for what you're into, man.

Comment

So turns out the more people that know who she is, the more unpopular she becomes.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/247820/...-negative.aspx

Comment

So turns out the more people that know who she is, the more unpopular she becomes.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/247820/...-negative.aspx
                    Skewed numbers, though. The huge increase in negativity comes exclusively from Republicans who view any democrat negatively. The only numbers that matter are how other dems view her, and those numbers are up.

Comment

Skewed numbers, though. The huge increase in negativity comes exclusively from Republicans who view any democrat negatively. The only numbers that matter are how other dems view her, and those numbers are up.
                      She went down with Independents too and every other demographic besides non-white.

Comment

She went down with Independents too and every other demographic besides non-white.
                        Wasn't a significant decrease, though, which is actually surprising since half of the independents are right-leaning. That probably means that she's doing pretty well with left-leaning independents. If you completely factor out the republicans, she actually has a +1 rating overall. So she's slightly more popular than before.

If anything, the relevant news in that poll is that she only increased 8 points amongst democrats, which is less than I would have expected.
                        Last edited by Cid; March 17th, 2019, 01:50 AM.

Comment

You are playing right into her narrative. She's spinning this better than Trump.

Not sure how I feel about that response, personally. I'm curious to see if this a trend of her brushing off all criticism or she's only doing this cause of the skewed numbers. We'll see in time. Still, gotta say I am loving the responses. It is nice to see a Democrat with teeth and a backbone.

Comment

Wasn't a significant decrease, though, which is actually surprising since half of the independents are right-leaning. That probably means that she's doing pretty well with left-leaning independents. If you completely factor out the republicans, she actually has a +1 rating overall. So she's slightly more popular than before.

If anything, the relevant news in that poll is that she only increased 8 points amongst democrats, which is less than I would have expected.
                            My nigga don't get dizzy with all that spin you trying to do. Independents tend to lean left more than right. The fact that her numbers went down with 18-35 year olds and women is surprising. And of course if you factor out any group that doesn't like her,her numbers will be positive, who isn't that true of?

Comment

My nigga don't get dizzy with all that spin you trying to do. Independents tend to lean left more than right. The fact that her numbers went down with 18-35 year olds and women is surprising. And of course if you factor out any group that doesn't like her,her numbers will be positive, who isn't that true of?
                              About 40% of American voters are independent... About 30% are democrats, and about 25% are republicans. So if 40% of voters are independent and most of them lean left and if there are more dems than reps... How the hell do republicans ever win an election? Lmao.

Truth is, most independents probably lean right or are moderate, which explains how only 25% of the country are republican while their candidates still get close to 50% of the total vote.

Thought her numbers with women and young people increased?

And you can't really count republican opinions on a democrat (or vice-versa) because they're going to have a strong negative opinion, regardless. Most republican voters want better healthcare and a higher minimum wage... So long as it isn't a democrat suggesting it. That's just how bad the political bias in America is.

Comment

Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post
                                Not sure how I feel about that response.

Comment

I'm not an expert in the English language but I think what they implied by mentioning women/non-whites and 18-34 year olds separately was that the decrease in people aged 35+ was not restricted to whites

Comment

Originally posted by Louay View Post

I'm not an expert in the English language but I think what they implied by mentioning women/non-whites and 18-34 year olds separately was that the decrease in people aged 35+ was not restricted to whites
                                    According to the article, it means exactly what the graphic shows as far as I can tell. There's no distinction between the age groups until it talks about whites, age 35+. If she was in the negatives with women and men of color age 35 or over, you would think it would mention it.

Comment

Old white men are the biggest group represented there, soooo...
                                      Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
                                      Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

According to the article, it means exactly what the graphic shows as far as I can tell. There's no distinction between the age groups until it talks about whites, age 35+. If she was in the negatives with women and men of color age 35 or over, you would think it would mention it.
                                        It doesn't mention it because the original poll this is taken from doesn't categorize the age groups according to gender or race, so there's literally no way to tell. The whole point I brought this up is because I can't see how they reached the conclusion in the graph that the only group she is getting worse with is specifically 35+ yo white men (seriously, if everything about white men in the article implies there's a drop in number of favorable votes, how did they conclude 18-34 yo white men count is lower when the 18-34 row in the table includes non-whites and women?)

Comment

Originally posted by Louay View Post

It doesn't mention it because the original poll this is taken from doesn't categorize the age groups according to gender or race, so there's literally no way to tell. The whole point I brought this up is because I can't see how they reached the conclusion in the graph that the only group she is getting worse with is specifically 35+ yo white men (seriously, if everything about white men in the article implies there's a drop in number of favorable votes, how did they conclude 18-34 yo white men count is lower when the 18-34 row in the table includes non-whites and women?)
                                          You kind of have to extrapolate the information from the data yourself and compare to other known data sets.

We know that people of color tend to skew democrat (something close to 75% of nonwhites), as do you women (about 55%) and young people (about 60%) at lower percentages. We know that older people, but white men especially tend to skew republican. (so keep that in mind when looking at the breakdown via party affiliation, +41 for Democrat and -68 for Republican.)

Looking at the gender data, you've got -24 for men and +4 for women. (remember, she does poorly with republicans, who tend to skew older, male, and white.)

Look at the race data, she's at -24 for whites and +20 for non-whites. (again, PoC tend to skew democrat.)

Finally you've got age groups. +5 for the 18-34 crowd, -9 for the 35-54 bunch, and -22 for the 55+ people.(Notice that as the age increases, so do her negative numbers... Again, this coincides with the political party data.)

Using that information, it's not difficult to come to the conclusion that she's probably only in the negatives with older, white men.

Comment

Working...
                                          X