Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EnemyOfDaState View Post

Not wanting the government involved in every aspect of our lives is a reasonable position, not wanting them involved in any aspect is not. If you support limited government then you are a conservative (at least in theory that is what they support) not a libertarian. The problem with just letting people smoke crack is that I as a normal citizen am forced to interact with crackheads. Making something illegal forces it into the shadows I don't want to be chilling at the park while people casually shoot heroin, take that shit under a bridge where you belong. As far as the kids part that is about them wanting to get rid of statutory rape laws (for obvious reasons).
    Yes, that's why I said I could never identify as a libertarian. Making something legal doesn't mean there wouldn't be stipulations, there are already public intoxication laws, it would be reasonable to expect them to apply to all narcotics, not only alcohol. I think it's crazy that the government is allowed to regulate what we ingest into our bodies, if abortion is legal because we "can't tell a woman what to do with her body" how the hell are drugs and prostitution illegal?

Comment

Originally posted by J peth View Post

anyone who thinks "taxation is theft" doesn't understand anything political beyond 8th grade civics.
      Honestly, I wonder how much of that is an ironic meme on their part...lol.

Partly because they meme it when they say it most of the time when I see it and partly because I can’t imagine anyone seriously thinking it, lol.

When they stop saying taxation is theft, they become much more tolerable, in my experiences and more or less restrict themselves to “pls don’t fuck with me, let me be a gay farmer smoking marijuana while practicing with my AR-15, and pls don’t send my tax dollars to blow people up overseas.”
      Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; February 14th, 2019, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by King John View Post

Yes, that's why I said I could never identify as a libertarian. Making something legal doesn't mean there wouldn't be stipulations, there are already public intoxication laws, it would be reasonable to expect them to apply to all narcotics, not only alcohol. I think it's crazy that the government is allowed to regulate what we ingest into our bodies, if abortion is legal because we "can't tell a woman what to do with her body" how the hell are drugs and prostitution illegal?
        Well, besides the problem of any post-abortion stress, they’re fundamentally different.

Drugs when taken screw you over more easily and this can seep into the lives of others. Work, for example, will be affected, which en masse, would significantly handicap society.

Make it so that everyone can turn themselves into brain dead zombies, and that’ll have more repercussions than (certain) abortions being legalized does on a societal level.

Comment

The issue is that the public ends up taking on an extra burden. If people smoked crack in their house and didn't bother others then that would be fine, but crackheads commit crimes to feed their addiction they become homeless because they can't pay their bills and they cost taxpayers money with medical expenses etc. To a libertarian these aren't issues you can just refuse them medical treatment and let them die in the streets, to people with common sense it makes more sense to deny people extremely harmful and deadly mind altering drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post

Well, besides the problem of any post-abortion stress, they’re fundamentally different.

Drugs when taken screw you over more easily and this can seep into the lives of others. Work, for example, will be affected, which en masse, would significantly handicap society.

Make it so that everyone can turn themselves into brain dead zombies, and that’ll have more repercussions than (certain) abortions being legalized does on a societal level.
            Most people don't take drugs not because they're illegal but because of the repercussion. I wouldn't start doing heroin and meth tomorrow if they were decriminalized. It's easy enough for any person in America to get illegal substances if they really want to, I don't believe in turning people into criminals for ingesting substances. As for your other point, ff people are showing up high on drugs, then fire them. I don't see how it's any different than alcohol, if people show up drunk then they're out of a job. I don't believe in babysitting adults, if they want to fuck up their life on drugs,it should be their right to.

Comment

Originally posted by EnemyOfDaState View Post

The issue is that the public ends up taking on an extra burden. If people smoked crack in their house and didn't bother others then that would be fine, but crackheads commit crimes to feed their addiction they become homeless because they can't pay their bills and they cost taxpayers money with medical expenses etc. To a libertarian these aren't issues you can just refuse them medical treatment and let them die in the streets, to people with common sense it makes more sense to deny people extremely harmful and deadly mind altering drugs.
              So do obese people and smokers, I don't see people wanting to outlaw cheeseburgers and cigarettes. The amount of people becoming addicted to hard drugs wouldn't skyrocket, most people don't do hard drugs because of the negative effects, not because of the legality. It's not hard to get drugs in America, I'm fine with keeping the selling of narcotics illegal, but the possession or ingestion shouldn't be crime.

Comment

Partly because they meme it when they say it most of the time when I see it and partly because I can’t imagine anyone seriously thinking it, lol.

When they stop saying taxation is theft, they become much more tolerable, in my experiences and more or less restrict themselves to “pls don’t fuck with me, let me be a gay farmer smoking marijuana while practicing with my AR-15, and pls don’t send my tax dollars to blow people up overseas.”
                you're missing the "lower/no tax" as well as almost no regulation on business and the stock market. the "free market will provide" mantra is almost cult like.

Comment

Thanks for taking my satire thread seriously, retards

Comment

Originally posted by dan View Post
                    you'd still smash tho right?

Comment

So do obese people and smokers, I don't see people wanting to outlaw cheeseburgers and cigarettes. The amount of people becoming addicted to hard drugs wouldn't skyrocket, most people don't do hard drugs because of the negative effects, not because of the legality. It's not hard to get drugs in America, I'm fine with keeping the selling of narcotics illegal, but the possession or ingestion shouldn't be crime.
                      Cigarette smoking is down to 14%. We banned ads, tax tobacco at a ridiculous rate and placed regulations making it impossible to smoke in most places. You could argue that you could legalize hard drugs and regulate the hell out of it the same way but you are ignoring the fact that crackheads are not rational people. I have never seen a drug addict whose actions only effect that single person.

Comment

The hatred Libertarians manage to get is sometimes ridiculous, honestly.

Don’t agree with them on everything, but I can sympathize with the core ideology (freedom and stuff).

And no, Souls is not representative of all Libertarians, lol.
                        Libertarians are LITERALLY autistic. Every single one of their "policies" hang on the NAP not being violated whenever convenient
                        Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
                        Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

None of it? "No government" is part of their platform now. Every four years they have candidates running for president that want to completely boot government out of almost every facet of American life. And those guys are popular enough to get 10% or 15% of the primary votes. (spread across six so other candidates who get about the same percentage with similar ideals.) Gary Johnson is often the most sensible one there and the only one that doesn't think all government is bad, yet he only musters just over 50% of the party's popular vote and delegate votes.

So yeah man. 45% of the libertarian party is the "let people sell crack to school kids and blind people drive cars" type of libertarian.

Comment

Originally posted by dan View Post
                            What'd you think was gonna happen lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Ladd View Post

you'd still smash tho right?
                              Literally the only reason I didn't forget her name 10 minutes after hearing it

Comment

Tulsi is still >>>>>>>>>>> AOC though

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

Lolno
                                  Haha . CID you always have best arguments . Well you got me again . Lol

Comment

Understand that I am opposed to all substance abuse. But since people smoke crack and shoot heroin, I figure the government may as well legalize it and tax it, because we suck at fighting "Drug Wars".

I'm not a fan of alcohol either. We still have over 10,000 drunk driving related deaths every year.

But I am wrong, it should not be legalized. When a vice is legal in the U.S. 35% to 40% of citizens are addicted to it. When a vice is illegal only 3% or so are addicted to it.

This suggests we should ban cigarettes and alcohol (again).

Comment

Originally posted by Bender Bending Rodriguez View Post

Haha . CID you always have best arguments . Well you got me again . Lol
                                      How's this for arguments?

Donald Trump's own administration published a damning report on the perilous issues of Climate Change that perfectly echoes everything democrats have said about it, republicans released that public report on Black Friday so that very few people would know anything about it. Why? Because most republicans take huge sums of money from the fossil fuel industry, an industry set to loose trillions of dollars if action is taken against climate change. Your precious republicans will watch your great-grandchildren die because they want money. But yeah, republicans are the only ones doing right by our country.

Every single other civilized nation in the world employs a single-payer healthcare system. It saves their citizens thousands of dollars and allows the government to negotiate drug prices and as a result, Americans, with our fully-capitalist, privately-owned, healthcare industry, pay two or three times more for healthcare and medicine than anyone else in the world. Republicans like to claim that Americans receive better healthcare, but we're ALSO within the top five least healthiest western countries in the world. But republicans are the only ones doing right by our country.

The republican's tax bill that they passed has created an economy so unstable that, despite posting record profits, businesses are still laying off people because they say, and I quote, "the current economic growth is not sustainable." Your own president said that he expects there to be another huge economic crash. This is because these tax cuts have meant that the federal government doesn't have the money to support the nation. They are costing us trillions of dollars and the only people benefiting are the ones making millions or billions of dollars per year. The rest of us actually have it worse because our meager tax cut ($120 dollars more per year for me!) is set to expire in just a few years and our taxes will increase afterwards, meanwhile the rich people get to keep their tax cuts permanently. But republicans are the only ones doing right by our country.

Our military spending is greater than every other country in the world combined. And we have a strong military, sure, but we also waste billions of dollars every single year on R&D projects that the engineers and researchers themselves said was a waste of time. But those projects continue because if the departments don't use ALL of their funds, they get less funding in the next year. Couple this with the fact that the Pentagon literally misplaced $21 TRILLION dollars, an amount nearly equal to the entire national debt, and republicans don't care. But yeah man, they're still the only ones doing right by our country.

You wanna know why I didn't give you any arguments? Because I know you're going to ignore everything I just typed or write it off as being democrat propaganda or whatever. Because you republicans do not care. The dems are evil, baby murdering monsters. And it doesn't matter if they have proven time and time again that they are better for science, better for the economy, better for healthcare, and better for the world, because at the end of the day all liberals are always wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

How's this for arguments?

Donald Trump's own administration published a damning report on the perilous issues of Climate Change that perfectly echoes everything democrats have said about it, republicans released that public report on Black Friday so that very few people would know anything about it. Why? Because most republicans take huge sums of money from the fossil fuel industry, an industry set to loose trillions of dollars if action is taken against climate change. Your precious republicans will watch your great-grandchildren die because they want money. But yeah, republicans are the only ones doing right by our country.

Every single other civilized nation in the world employs a single-payer healthcare system. It saves their citizens thousands of dollars and allows the government to negotiate drug prices and as a result, Americans, with our fully-capitalist, privately-owned, healthcare industry, pay two or three times more for healthcare and medicine than anyone else in the world. Republicans like to claim that Americans receive better healthcare, but we're ALSO within the top five least healthiest western countries in the world. But republicans are the only ones doing right by our country.

The republican's tax bill that they passed has created an economy so unstable that, despite posting record profits, businesses are still laying off people because they say, and I quote, "the current economic growth is not sustainable." Your own president said that he expects there to be another huge economic crash. This is because these tax cuts have meant that the federal government doesn't have the money to support the nation. They are costing us trillions of dollars and the only people benefiting are the ones making millions or billions of dollars per year. The rest of us actually have it worse because our meager tax cut ($120 dollars more per year for me!) is set to expire in just a few years and our taxes will increase afterwards, meanwhile the rich people get to keep their tax cuts permanently. But republicans are the only ones doing right by our country.

Our military spending is greater than every other country in the world combined. And we have a strong military, sure, but we also waste billions of dollars every single year on R&D projects that the engineers and researchers themselves said was a waste of time. But those projects continue because if the departments don't use ALL of their funds, they get less funding in the next year. Couple this with the fact that the Pentagon literally misplaced $21 TRILLION dollars, an amount nearly equal to the entire national debt, and republicans don't care. But yeah man, they're still the only ones doing right by our country.

You wanna know why I didn't give you any arguments? Because I know you're going to ignore everything I just typed or write it off as being democrat propaganda or whatever. Because you republicans do not care. The dems are evil, baby murdering monsters. And it doesn't matter if they have proven time and time again that they are better for science, better for the economy, better for healthcare, and better for the world, because at the end of the day all liberals are always wrong.

Ya and what has any democratic/conservative president done for the cause or we should all be excited about the idiotic green new deal cos the environment ? You concentrating on the issue that may come in centuries what has anyone on the left has done for this country ? They trying to systematically dismentle this country just because they hate the president . They like to talk about climate change which used to be global warming btw but none of them give a shit . That's why most lefty higher ups refer to green new deal as a dream cos they try to distance themselves from idiotism .

healthcare system needs work but obama care was a disaster , and USA still has better healthcare then some of those single payer countries you mentioned . General health of population has nothing to do with healthcare which you know very well . General lifestyle of majority of Americans is unhealthy .

I don't know what you are trying to get at about future tax problems but fact is that economy is booming , unemployment is all time low since like 1956 ( all facts ) yet somehow ppl are getting fired ?

Statements the president makes about border crises& security that democratic party was all for in 2014 ,15 is now a taboo subject that is racist and imorral & waste of money just because fuck Trump .

thats why we have strongest military force on the planet .
                                        Having a strong military is essential , Trump was always militant all of his supporters know this .

You can blame the Republicans billionaires but left has way more of those .

Best thing about Trump is that before he started crushing them most Republicans hated him and made fun of him .But since he won and ran on mostly conservative values they started kissing his ass.

Most people support President Trump because he puts USA first as any president should not cause we are all white supremacists .

your side doesn't have the single decent argument against a guy except of " he is racist " . Even the things that he does that are clearly good for country & people , he is still portraied as a bad guy . Dems literally took the phrase Make America Great Again and turned it into something racist that the brainwashed messes take it as a fact .and you want to tell me this guy is against Americans people . Lol give me a break .

I think my grandchildren will be fine . As long as the country will be willing to protect it's citizens and their needs before others .
                                        Last edited by Bender Bending Rodriguez; February 15th, 2019, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Home > Forum > The Lounge > Off-Topic

Comment

Working...
                                          X