X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily reminder.

feel free to sticky this, mods

Comment

Frankly, I'm not going to apologize for you having the maturity of an eleven-year-old.

Comment

Originally posted by P408370R View Post
        Frankly, I'm not going to apologize for you having the maturity of an eleven-year-old.
        tis but an attempt at blending in with the rest of the site, dear old friend

Comment

Originally posted by Rage View Post
          tis but an attempt at blending in with the rest of the site, dear old friend
          Ironic, because very few others have had to constantly been reminded not to break common-sense rules and warned for doing so.

Comment

no funs around these parts

Comment

You don't have to spell out numbers equal to (or greater than, at least) 10, especially in relation to age. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Oneiros View Post
                You don't have to spell out numbers equal to (or greater than, at least) 10, especially in relation to age. :)
                When writing numbers, use of numerals for larger ones are especially contingent on style guide, but I digress.

I don't have to spell out those numbers, much like you don't have to be vexatious, but we all make our choices~

Comment

I thought the rule was of the inverse. Why would anyone write 1,000,000,000,000,000 when they could just say "a quadrillion"?

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
                    I thought the rule was of the inverse. Why would anyone write 1,000,000,000,000,000 when they could just say "a quadrillion"?
                    Notwithstanding exceptions and combinations that have their own rules, virtually all acknowledged style guides for the English language assert that the numbers one through nine (and generally zero) be written out as words, and almost all suggest that higher numbers be written as numerals, although the threshold for what constitutes a sufficiently large number can vary significantly.

On the flip side, that is the difference between writing "96,582,454,327,536,278" and "ninety-six quadrillion, five hundred eighty-two trillion, four hundred fifty-four billion, three hundred twenty-seven million, five hundred thirty-six thousand, two hundred seventy-eight."

Comment

I don't have to spell out those numbers, much like you don't have to be vexatious, but we all make our choices~
                      Technically, you do because you're neither a technical writer, nor a technician, even though your ability to "write" (so to speak) via a technological advancement in spite of your clearly unrefined technique is but a technicality, so still your paws, cur, lest you encounter some technical difficulties because someone, ah, chooses to disrupt your cellular phone with technetium, a technical felony of dastardly proportions, I daresay, and you require the aid of one of many tech experts in this technetronic society of ours.

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
                      Why would anyone write 1,000,000,000,000,000
                      To melt people's brains, lol.
                      Last edited by Kai’ckul; January 15th, 2019, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Technically, you do because you're neither a technical writer, nor a technician, even though your ability to "write" (so to speak) via a technological advancement in spite of your clearly unrefined technique is but a technicality, so still your paws, cur, lest you encounter some technical difficulties because someone, ah, chooses to disrupt your cellular phone with technetium, a technical felony of dastardly proportions, I daresay, and you require the aid of one of many tech experts in this technetronic society of ours.

How does one make a post with such relevancy to OP while at the same time threaten to castrate his own brother with technetium?

Comment

I love it when Phob and Morph feud. It's always a good time.

Comment

Now you're just technicalizing. Your would-be technobabble simply serves to effectively illustrate your proclivity to act techily, which in turn arises from your technophobia. I am not ashamed to admit that that I shall fear to witness it when exacerbated by our technostructure technologizing their technos to establish a technocracy, which, like technopop, is all but inevitable.

Comment

is this a black joke

Comment

Why can't I post my demon Nazi guro shota shota ffs

Comment

Originally posted by Snap View Post
                                  You only have yourselves to blame.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post
                                    I love it when Phob and Morph feud. It's always a good time.
                                    Yeah, makes good reading material. Weird dynamic they have though, not to mention that they're almost as far apart as it comes. One is basically a walking kidney stone the other Gandhi.

Comment

Now you're just technicalizing. Your would-be technobabble simply serves to effectively illustrate your proclivity to act techily, which in turn arises from your technophobia. I am not ashamed to admit that that I shall fear to witness it when exacerbated by our technostructure technologizing their technos to establish a technocracy, which, like technopop, is all but inevitable.
                                      shut up, nerd

Comment

Originally posted by Ladd View Post

shut up, nerd
                                        ikr

Comment

Working...
                                        X