Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cid View Post

About that much, I guess.
    I had to force myself to keep playing after like 40 or 50 hours.
    Originally posted by Kajin_Style
    I say the japanese schoolgirl. She'll pull out a whistle and summon a mecha to fight for her.
    Meanwhile the catholic girl prays to an imaginary god that throughout all his biblical feats has not once saved someone from a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Pocket Rocket View Post
      I had to force myself to keep playing after like 40 or 50 hours.
      I usually had to force myself to stop playing.

Comment

I usually had to force myself to stop playing.
        Jesus
        I say the japanese schoolgirl. She'll pull out a whistle and summon a mecha to fight for her.
        Meanwhile the catholic girl prays to an imaginary god that throughout all his biblical feats has not once saved someone from a fight.

Comment

Jesus
          I, like a majority of other gamers, really enjoyed Breath of the Wild. You're just weird.

Comment

Jesus
            Someone enjoying a video game... Absolutely revolting.

Comment

You both need to stop liking what I don't like.

Comment

You should see the copious amounts of anime I've watched.

Comment

• Pocket Rocket
                  Pocket Rocket commented
                  Editing a comment
                  it better all be dbz

Only if you start liking good things.

Comment

Break of the Weapon
                  Literally every other Zelda game gave you a weapon that didn't break (shields broke, but that's what the Hylian shield was for), now even the Master sword breaks after moderate use

Comment

Originally posted by Thar View Post

Literally every other Zelda game gave you a weapon that didn't break (shields broke, but that's what the Hylian shield was for), now even the Master sword breaks after moderate use
                    It doesn't actually "break" it just loses its energy. But I do agree with the criticism over the weapon mechanics. It makes the game more difficult than it should be when you don't have the simple option of repairing your weapons.

Comment

Yeah I ended up either using the piss weak bombs on enemies or avoiding fights altogether. Why waste weapons if the enemies just have worse weapons? The combat just felt shitty too.

Comment

This I don’t understand.

I get that real world weapons wear down, but I don’t think even Stone Age weapons had the durability of some of the weapons I’ve picked up for use, lol.

Comment

Yeah I ended up either using the piss weak bombs on enemies or avoiding fights altogether. Why waste weapons if the enemies just have worse weapons? The combat just felt shitty too.
                          If I remember correctly, Nintendo wanted to encourage people to use the environment or other methods anyway.

But again, I still think they went about it the wrong way.

Comment

The point of the weapon durability is to allow the game to constantly be able to reward you with new weapons while simultaneously not making anything (as) redundant and useless (and to not need to worry about scaling relative to difficulty, which means you also don't have to worry about making areas impossible for some level people and annoyingly easy for others). And aside from that, it also encourages you to look around and scavenge for shit, because you never know what you can find.

Did anyone really have a problem with running out of weapons though? That's literally never been an issue for me, once I got off the plateau.

Comment

I stopped playing once I got off the Plateau. The game seems to be too oriented to kids. Pity to see the switch not live to its full potential.

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
                                The point of the weapon durability is to allow the game to constantly be able to reward you with new weapons while simultaneously not making anything (as) redundant and useless (and to not need to worry about scaling relative to difficulty, which means you also don't have to worry about making areas impossible for some level people and annoyingly easy for others). And aside from that, it also encourages you to look around and scavenge for shit, because you never know what you can find.

Did anyone really have a problem with running out of weapons though? That's literally never been an issue for me, once I got off the plateau.
                                No issue with getting weapons in general, but sometimes you just don't want to use the iron swords and magic rods you constantly pick up. Especially once you get a taste of the royal weapons.

Would it have been so bad for Nintendo to allow Link to break weapons down to their base components and then use those components to repair other weapons?

Originally posted by #83.6666666667 View Post
                                I stopped playing once I got off the Plateau. The game seems to be too oriented to kids. Pity to see the switch not live to its full potential.
                                So let me get this straight... You stopped playing after beating the tutorial, because the tutorial was too easy? Wat?

Comment

So let me get this straight... You stopped playing after beating the tutorial, because the tutorial was too easy? Wat?
                                  I don't care if the game is easy, my problem with it is its lack of action, slow mobility, semi useless abilities, identical enemies, lackluster combat action, crappy weapons, etc.

The game just didn't obtain my attention.

Comment

I don't care if the game is easy, my problem with it is its lack of action, slow mobility, semi useless abilities, identical enemies, lackluster combat action, crappy weapons, etc.

The game just didn't obtain my attention.
                                    It's fine that you don't like it, but the fact that you only played the tutorial before quitting means you can't really criticize much of it. The only two valid complaints you just listed are "identical enemies" and "crappy weapons". The rest of it is just wrong... You probably should have played more than you did. Like I've kept repeating, you literally stopped playing after clearing the tutorial and you're bashing the game off that. It doesn't make any sense. Lol

Comment

It's fine that you don't like it, but the fact that you only played the tutorial before quitting means you can't really criticize much of it. The only two valid complaints you just listed are "identical enemies" and "crappy weapons". The rest of it is just wrong... You probably should have played more than you did. Like I've kept repeating, you literally stopped playing after clearing the tutorial and you're bashing the game off that. It doesn't make any sense. Lol
                                      Not bashing it, just saying it did not hold my attention. If, however, you say the game gets better after the crucial part of any game which is captivating the audience then I'll give it a second chance. I don't think my opinion will change though. Usually games are constant from beginning to end, the difficulty changes but the tone and game play stay relatively similar.

Comment

Not bashing it, just saying it did not hold my attention. If, however, you say the game gets better after the crucial part of any game which is captivating the audience then I'll give it a second chance. I don't think my opinion will change though. Usually games are constant from beginning to end, the difficulty changes but the tone and game play stay relatively similar.
                                        As I keep saying... You played the tutorial. That's what the Great Plateau is, literally. It gives you the weakest enemies in the game, four simple shrines where their only purpose is to teach you how to use the runes, restricts what you can do by a fair amount due to not having access to the paraglider or upgrades to your stamina wheel, and basically holds your hand the entire time so you learn the basics of combat.

Of course the game gets better. I've never played a game that didn't get better after the tutorial level. Lol

Comment

• #83.6666666667
                                          #83.6666666667 commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          I'll give it a second try during the holidays. I'll break both your legs if it doesn't get better, though.

• Cid
                                          Cid commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          #83.6666666667 I mean, the game is amazing. Even if you don't think it gets better, that just means you have shit taste.
                                      Working...
                                      X