This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

Picking any random religion to fill your spirituality quota isn't the same as eye-opening truth, either. And when you consider half the population of the planet "living weapons" that are directed at you... yeah, that's paranoia.
    Not directed at me, at the human race. I know the world doesn't revolve around me. I'm genuinely concerned for the future of my species.

I know you couldn't possibly think I'm any less credible as a source of information but I'm going to make you laugh your ass off by quoting the matrix.

The literal purpose of Christianity is to turn human beings into this

1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Chara View Post

Not directed at me, at the human race. I know the world doesn't revolve around me. I'm genuinely concerned for the future of my species.

I know you couldn't possibly think I'm any less credible as a source of information but I'm going to make you laugh your ass off by quoting the matrix.

1.jpg
      Fun fact, the robots in the Matrix weren't supposed to be using humans for batteries, because that makes literally no sense from a scientific standpoint. To live is to expend energy, they would be getting SO MUCH less energy from us than they'd put into keeping us alive, much less simulating a planet for us to live on. No, the real reason they did it was to use the backs of our brains as computational machines, which actually does sort of make sense. But the producers didn't get it, so they had the Watchowskis dumb it down for everybody.

But anyway, the purpose of Christianity is to give people a sense of community and moral/fiscal guidelines to live by, as well as to answer questions that couldn't be answered otherwise. There isn't a cosmic vampire that feeds off of people's beliefs.
      Originally posted by Wade
      Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

Fun fact, the robots in the Matrix weren't supposed to be using humans for batteries, because that makes literally no sense from a scientific standpoint. To live is to expend energy, they would be getting SO MUCH less energy from us than they'd put into keeping us alive, much less simulating a planet for us to live on. No, the real reason they did it was to use the backs of our brains as computational machines, which actually does sort of make sense. But the producers didn't get it, so they had the Watchowskis dumb it down for everybody.

But anyway, the purpose of Christianity is to give people a sense of community and moral/fiscal guidelines to live by, as well as to answer questions that couldn't be answered otherwise. There isn't a cosmic vampire that feeds off of people's beliefs.
        They sure showed a sense of community and morals when they slaughtered the nonbelievers

Comment

They sure showed a sense of community and morals when they slaughtered the nonbelievers
          Same with the pagan religions, same with every country in the ancient world, and most of the modern ones too afaik.
          Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

Same with the pagan religions, same with every country in the ancient world, and most of the modern ones too afaik.
            The original pagans were peaceful, that's why they're dead.

Comment

The original pagans were peaceful, that's why they're dead.
              You mean the Romans? I mean... no...

Comment

You mean the Romans? I mean... no...
                The romans were catholic ?

Comment

Never heard of the old Roman gods? Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, etc? We did name our planets after them. lol

Comment

Jesus was alive long after the Roman Empire was formed, and it still took a century after his death for the church to gain some traction. Before the official religion was christianity, it was a stolen version of the Greek pantheon. And that stolen religion was later referred to as "paganism" by the Catholics.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

Never heard of the old Roman gods? Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, etc? We did name our planets after them. lol
                      Oh yeah, you're right. But around the 390's pagan practice became illegal and the Christians destroyed the old temples but they stole some of the pagan traditions like Santa Claus, Christmas trees and Easter eggs

Comment

Oh yeah, you're right. But around the 390's pagan practice became illegal and the Christians destroyed the old temples but they stole some of the pagan traditions like Santa Claus, Christmas trees and Easter eggs
                        And 600 years before that, Alexander the Great slaughtered his way through most of the Middle East and into Africa, forcing his religion and customs onto the conquered. But, he did take ideas from some of them, which is why there's so much Greek influence in Roman culture.

Comment

1.jpg
                          Okay but why the Satanism tho.

Comment

And 600 years before that, Alexander the Great slaughtered his way through most of the Middle East and into Africa, forcing his religion and customs onto the conquered. But, he did take ideas from some of them, which is why there's so much Greek influence in Roman culture.
                            I'll take the L on this one bud

Comment

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post

Okay but why the Satanism tho.
                              Because I support something I think is good. And I'm gonna die on a hill for this one, so good luck hammering this nail back in place.

Comment

Because I support something I think is good. And I'm gonna die on a hill for this one, so good luck hammering this nail back in place.
                                I mean, the entire reason you’re supporting Satanism seems to be entirely out of opposition to Christianity (possibly religion in general as a lot of the things you blame Christianity for certainly aren’t unique to it), but “Satan” is more or less a Christian concept. Derivative, perhaps, but Satan specifically is.

Not to mention, Satanism is really just Satan worship, and he rules over the worse-of-the-two-places, so in the end you’re really just picking the worst kind of religion just to fight another one...so, you know, I’m not sure why you don’t just position yourself against either religion in general or the Abrahamic religions specifically (if you’re sympathetic to such religions as Hinduism, Buddhism, Falun Gong, etc).

”The enemy of my enemy is my friend” is a persistent phrase and mode of thinking in general, but in this case, your “friend” probably isn’t the best company given your reasons for partnering up with him in the first place...
                                Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; November 11th, 2019, 11:58 PM.

Comment

I mean, the entire reason you’re supporting Satanism seems to be entirely out of opposition to Christianity (possibly religion in general as a lot of the things you blame Christianity for certainly aren’t unique to it), but “Satan” is more or less a Christian concept. Derivative, perhaps, but Satan specifically is.

Not to mention, Satanism is really just Satan worship, and he rules over the worse-of-the-two-places, so in the end you’re really just picking the worst kind of religion just to fight another one...so, you know, I’m not sure why you don’t just position yourself against either religion in general or the Abrahamic religions specifically (if you’re sympathetic to such religions as Hinduism, Buddhism, Falun Gong, etc).
                                  *breathes*

Let's save this for later. I'm really not done here but my mind is scattered about job anxiety.

Comment

”The enemy of my enemy is my friend” is a persistent phrase and mode of thinking in general, but in this case, your “friend” probably isn’t the best company given your reasons for partnering up with him in the first place...
                                    It's just really something I can get behind, like Bernie Sanders. That's why I care so much.

Comment

I'm glad to see that the off-topic sticky is as light hearted as it's always been.

I've been kinda down lately, but with a new hobby to pass the time, things seem a little better. It's pretty amazing how just having a small hobby really helps when people, or atleast me when I'm going through a slump. Living down to the last coin I had in my pocket on the first week of the month has been quite an eye opening experience haha. Almost made me want to try getting an office job. But hey gotta keep making music I guess.

Comment

Just went to the doctor and they set me up with therapy therapy and job therapy. Such nice

Comment

Just went to the doctor and they set me up with therapy therapy and job therapy. Such nice
                                          why do you need therapy
                                          Originally posted by Kajin_Style
                                          I have this illness called "Having-a-Heart" and gives me this irrational sense of empathy and care for my fellow man.

Comment

Working...
                                          X