This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post

I’d probably suggest learning the engine. College CS is for entering more standardized stuff, seemingly (C++, Java, etc) and all the applications that has in computing in general.
    That's fair. Besides, I'd need more experience in coding to know if I actually wanna do it, I suppose.
    Originally posted by Wade
    Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post

The key to improving at basically anything is turning off your internet tbh. Being distracted by all the various forums and social media platforms kills your productivity. Just ask #83.6666666667 . He's been working on that Youtube video for almost a year now, and he just can't get it done because he spends all his time on all the many forums he frequents bragging about how he's illiterate or whatever.
      Been too busy banging your sisters.
      Originally posted by Helly;n542091
      Also, lol @ "I'm busy". You admit you have no life and go to many forums, and in the same post lie about havingLmao. Go work on your fictitious "dream" instead of wasting your time lying to us about how important you are.

Comment

Originally posted by #83.6666666667 View Post

You know what? Fuck you.

Comment

Lmao

Comment

Of all the things to break the camel's back, this is what did it. That's hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

You know what? Fuck you.
              So...how long this time?

Comment

You know what? Fuck you.
                Not that I'll ask to have his ban lifted, but I didn't really care about this one all that much tbh lol. I have heard much worse from other poor people like 83 who have nothing to do all day except fail on their dreams and hate on helly the young donfather for doing better in life.

Comment

I'm just tired of his shit.

He's gone for a year, good riddance.

Comment

I guess there's no one to checkmate in technology discussions anymore for now then.

Comment

a pillar of the community reduced to atoms

Comment

Originally posted by The Poster Formerly Known as Teal View Post
                        a pillar of the community reduced to atoms
                        you're welcome

anyway, nonproductive piles of failure aside, i've been typing up some massive tl;dr's on my phone just hashing out a bunch of character ideas for my upcoming book series. some of them are revamps of old designs I had lying around, one in particular has utterly captivated my interest. i might be posting some deeplore memes in my art thraed in the future along with some cool, clean, completely sfw artwork in the near future, so uh.....keep your eyes peeled for that, fellas. i know i have a ton of eyeballs in there. goddamnit i should have put more of my mental resources into my art, lol.

Comment

Faggot is as faggot does, though I feel a year was waaay too excessive for such a generic remark. Especially at the rate that this site apparently goes through its whipping boys. First, Darkseeker; then, A18; then, Solar; and now, 83. Pretty soon, we'll have no-one. :(
                          Last edited by Lord L'Zoril; November 8th, 2019, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord L'Zoril View Post
                            Faggot is as faggot does, though I feel a year was waaay too excessive for such a generic remark. Especially at the rate that this site apparently goes through its whipping boys. First, Darkseeker; then, A18; then, Solar; and now, 83. Pretty soon, we'll have no-one. :(
                            He's had a very long history of similar comments, one or two other bans for them, and at least half a dozen warnings. I told him multiple times to refrain from those kinds of personal attacks and he refused to listen.

He had it coming.

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

I'm considering something in coding, because I wanna make some indie games but also that would seem to have more practical applications as well.

if I go that route though, I could try just learning a specific engine on my own time and save the price of college. I dunno.
                              You can learn it all online, fyi. You don't need college for any of this. However you definitely need to keep a portfolio of all the work you do. No matter how small, even if it is to fix some bugs for someone, keep a record of the before and after. The more you have the better, then when that is nice and thick you can cut out the little stuff for bigger projects.

Secondly and this is me telling you my mistake. Go job hunting real quick for coding jobs. You want to be a web developer? Go look up jobs for it and see what they want in your area. Different cities have different skills they favor. You'll see a trend once you do the job hunting. But definitely check what is out there in the market in terms of employment before you go pick something up to study for the next month or so.

Try to avoid the paid sites when it comes to learning how to code. A lot of those have surfaced recently. If you don't mind demo a few sites, compare it to youtube videos. You definitely want a site that has instructors you can speak with on the topic or even better if they would grade your work. These kind of sites are worth the cash. A good free one is like this: https://www.khanacademy.org/computin...er-programming <-- for HTML,CSS, JAVA, MySQL, etc. The typical tutorial sites I've used in the past were like: https://www.freecodecamp.org This site is very cut and dry but it has tons of little tutorials and keeps track of your progress.

Since you mentioned gaming I'll throw in https://cgcookie.com as a great site to learn blender from. However it is a paid site but still many times better than any tutorial on youtube I've stumbled across. This one has instructors and a few assignments you can do to get graded on.

Anyway I hope that helps and you find what fits your goals.

Comment

Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post

You can learn it all online, fyi. You don't need college for any of this. However you definitely need to keep a portfolio of all the work you do. No matter how small, even if it is to fix some bugs for someone, keep a record of the before and after. The more you have the better, then when that is nice and thick you can cut out the little stuff for bigger projects.

Secondly and this is me telling you my mistake. Go job hunting real quick for coding jobs. You want to be a web developer? Go look up jobs for it and see what they want in your area. Different cities have different skills they favor. You'll see a trend once you do the job hunting. But definitely check what is out there in the market in terms of employment before you go pick something up to study for the next month or so.

Try to avoid the paid sites when it comes to learning how to code. A lot of those have surfaced recently. If you don't mind demo a few sites, compare it to youtube videos. You definitely want a site that has instructors you can speak with on the topic or even better if they would grade your work. These kind of sites are worth the cash. A good free one is like this: https://www.khanacademy.org/computin...er-programming <-- for HTML,CSS, JAVA, MySQL, etc. The typical tutorial sites I've used in the past were like: https://www.freecodecamp.org This site is very cut and dry but it has tons of little tutorials and keeps track of your progress.

Since you mentioned gaming I'll throw in https://cgcookie.com as a great site to learn blender from. However it is a paid site but still many times better than any tutorial on youtube I've stumbled across. This one has instructors and a few assignments you can do to get graded on.

Anyway I hope that helps and you find what fits your goals.
                                Dude, thanks man. That's awesome.
                                Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

All caught up on Westworld, and I gotta say... Harris and Hopkins are pretty spectacular.

Comment

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/aml...offer-to-help/

You know what, props where props are due. Trump's an idiot, and this doesn't change that in the least, but I don't think he's evil. Or at least, he's less evil than what people accuse him of. His exit strategy for Syria was messy, sure, but I can at least appreciate that he doesn't get his rocks off by blowing up brown children in a proxy war against the Russians. And you know what, gestures like these make me really appreciate that.

Anyway....

AMLO, of course, is declining, and in this instance I am a little thankful because I don't want whichever batshit Machiavellian the US puts in after Trump to have a militaristic foothold in my country. Some part of me is wondering if maybe we should take that risk, though, because things really have been getting worse.

Comment

He's had a very long history of similar comments, one or two other bans for them, and at least half a dozen warnings. I told him multiple times to refrain from those kinds of personal attacks and he refused to listen.

He had it coming.
                                      Oh, OK. In that case, I've prepared a eulogy of sorts for this somber occasion if it's all the same to you.

This is the way the world ends
                                      Not with a bang but a whisper

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post
                                        https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/aml...offer-to-help/

You know what, props where props are due. Trump's an idiot, and this doesn't change that in the least, but I don't think he's evil. Or at least, he's less evil than what people accuse him of. His exit strategy for Syria was messy, sure, but I can at least appreciate that he doesn't get his rocks off by blowing up brown children in a proxy war against the Russians. And you know what, gestures like these make me really appreciate that.
                                        You forgot the part where Turkey said "Hey... we gonna murder those brown people. Can you step aside?"

Trump: "Sure sure!...... MEN! Full retreat! Leave everything! Even the guns and bullets. Oh you know what fuck it, bomb our weapon depots before leaving!"

Turkey proceeds to attack and murder Kurds the next day

Comment

Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post

You forgot the part where Turkey said "Hey... we gonna murder those brown people. Can you step aside?"

Trump: "Sure sure!...... MEN! Full retreat! Leave everything! Even the guns and bullets. Oh you know what fuck it, bomb our weapon depots before leaving!"

Turkey proceeds to attack and murder Kurds the next day
                                          Also there's the fact that he exclusively moved out of Syria, and we're still all over the Middle eastern map otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                                          X