This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TechTastic View Post

I see. As far as synths go, are they also responsible for sparkling/glimmery/chime sound effects made into notes?
    Not sure. A lot of stuff could also have been done in post-production as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Chara View Post

Oo sweet. I still have a comic universe on the tip of my head but my issue is how to make a story out of it. When the ideas come out everything's more like a web than a straight timeline. Like in life, nothing is destined to happen. So there's infinite possibilities
      that is prone to happen when working with a large amount of characters, yeh. Might be best to focus on one subset at a time and just turn them over in your head for a while until youve got a vague idea for what it is you wanna do. then you start writing your first draft, and you'll start getting more ideas before you know it. at times, that's what it takes to get the juices flowing: to just hit the gas and trust your instincts to figure out the rest. And if it doesnt get it right the first time, well that's why its called a first draft. pick what things worked, what sounds like random stuff, and start refining your story! but thats just my opinion and my experience. you should go on the internets and figure out how the pros do it as well. there are some, like Stephen King, who dont really plot out their long novels a whole lot and just fly by the seat of their pants.

Comment

Originally posted by Chara View Post

Oo sweet. I still have a comic universe on the tip of my head but my issue is how to make a story out of it. When the ideas come out everything's more like a web than a straight timeline. Like in life, nothing is destined to happen. So there's infinite possibilities
        I would just start with a few characters in a specific setting that you feel feels right for the story, then gradually expand the roster and the universe for every story you write afterwards, whether it's a continuation of the previous chapter or a parallel of concurrent ones. Let it build itself while you focus on keeping things consistent while sticking to its rules.

Comment

Wow, this place is so dead that I'm legitimately a bit concerned that something is preventing people from posting.

So.. Uh... Testing to make sure I can post.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post
            Wow, this place is so dead that I'm legitimately a bit concerned that something is preventing people from posting.

So.. Uh... Testing to make sure I can post.
            was a bit surprised as well. there must be something we can do about this, surely. Maybe if we rebrand as a gaming or RP site, lol? Ive been to a number of forums by now. from what i can tell, misc discussion boards have kind of been made obsolete by social media giants like reddit. the only ones that remain active are on specially targeted sites like Narutoforums and Smogon.

Comment

As Helly said, social giants like Reddit have effectively replaced forums. As has Discord. MvC is a ghost town. AnimeVice is flat-out dead. I'd give Narutoforums and ComicVine no longer than 10 more years.

The only place I could truly see surviving the next decade is SpaceBattles, but political faggotry is starting to take a grasp on it. I thought Vs. faggotry mostly died, but it turns out to have taken a new form. SB aside, it runs rampant on certain Discords, Facebook groups, and there are even YouTube channels dedicated to it (re: Eckhartsladder).

It's possible T5 was just DOA.
              Last edited by Ziku; October 7th, 2019, 10:35 PM.

Comment

let's rebrand as a rick and morty fansite

Comment

I should make another SpaceBattles account and just hang around the gaming forum. I used to have an account there but I couldn't even remember the password or email now if I tried. All I did was piss off pony faggots back when MLP was big anyways lol
                  Originally posted by Kajin_Style
                  I have this illness called "Having-a-Heart" and gives me this irrational sense of empathy and care for my fellow man.

Comment

damn, those music subreddits really are busy though, holy crap......its high time i made an account over there lol

Originally posted by Ziku View Post
                    As Helly said, social giants like Reddit have effectively replaced forums. As has Discord. MvC is a ghost town. AnimeVice is flat-out dead. I'd give Narutoforums and ComicVine no longer than 10 more years.

The only place I could truly see surviving the next decade is SpaceBattles, but political faggotry is starting to take a grasp on it. I thought Vs. faggotry mostly died, but it turns out to have taken a new form. SB aside, it runs rampant on certain Discords, Facebook groups, and there are even YouTube channels dedicated to it (re: Eckhartsladder).

It's possible T5 was just DOA.
                    ive actually come full circle with the vs-gayottry, truth be told. i put on swagkages videos when i need something pointless and minimally entertaining in the background

Originally posted by The Poster Formerly Known as Teal View Post
                    let's rebrand as a rick and morty fansite
                    ironically, this might actually work. that fanbase is super-dedicated to their autism, I'm sure we could get a few to join a fansite for the memes.

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post

was a bit surprised as well. there must be something we can do about this, surely. Maybe if we rebrand as a gaming or RP site, lol? Ive been to a number of forums by now. from what i can tell, misc discussion boards have kind of been made obsolete by social media giants like reddit. the only ones that remain active are on specially targeted sites like Narutoforums and Smogon.
                      Rebranding as an RP site would probably end the site, lol. We've only had a couple threads that made it a few pages, and only Ultionem was successful for a while.

How would one go about rebranding in the first place, though?
                      Originally posted by Wade
                      Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

Rebranding won't do much if there's no advertisement going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post
                          Rebranding won't do much if there's no advertisement going on.
                          And there's still no good alternative to AdSense, or no way to appeal to them?
                          Originally posted by Wade
                          Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
                            And there's still no good alternative to AdSense, or no way to appeal to them?
                            We don't have the traffic to qualify for a good alternative to AdSense. And there's no actual way to appeal to Google to have it reactivated. Even if we did, it wouldn't earn enough to dump into an advertising budget. And even if it did, I wouldn't know who to target the ads at, since we don't have any particularly active discussions.

When I mentioned advertising, I meant T5 members are so ashamed of posting here that they absolutely refuse to invite other people they know (both online and offline) to the site. Word-of-Mouth advertising is the absolute best kind. Some random banner on Facebook or a random promoted post on Twitter or a sponsored ad on Google won't draw much traffic. Conversion percentage just for clicks is something like 1 click for every 1000 views. Joins rates would be significantly lower. But hearing about a cool forum with cool people from a cool friend is much more enticing.

Comment

Well, I mean, what’s the incentive? You need to ask yourself, “What does this place offer that Discord, Reddit, and SpaceBattles do not?”

Comment

Well, I mean, what’s the incentive? You need to ask yourself, “What does this place offer that Discord, Reddit, and SpaceBattles do not?”
                                Threaded discussions where keeping up with replies is easy and having prolonged conversations over the course of several days isn't a headache. Also, it's not VS faggotry.

Comment

we're allowed to say faggot
                                  Originally posted by Kajin_Style
                                  I have this illness called "Having-a-Heart" and gives me this irrational sense of empathy and care for my fellow man.

Comment

The highest concentration of autism in its rawest state you will ever encounter, obviously. For such a small population, the number of pseudo-intellectuals, retards, or all of the above present is positively prolific.
                                    Last edited by Lord L'Zoril; October 8th, 2019, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Been following a few Yale lectures on YouTube. The material isn't really complex but the professors really are much more charismatic than most of the ones I have to put up with.
                                      Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
                                      Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

I've got like three days of...basically complete free time starting now. Pretty happy about it. I've been wanting to find a pretty clean block of time to read my Napoleon book, but whenever I tried to I found myself with a load of shit to do.

These weekdays are much more hectic with my new class load.

Oh, and I got some money for my birthday to use on stuff...mostly Steam games, but I've got my eyes on a few books that I can't get at the library that I might use the money for too.

How's everyone else doing?
                                        Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; October 10th, 2019, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post
                                          ive actually come full circle with the vs-gayottry, truth be told. i put on swagkages videos when i need something pointless and minimally entertaining in the background
                                          I think I've investigated his material, but not really for the VS stuff.

He's not too bad.

Personally, though, I find myself just playing Dan Carlin's Hardcore HIstory in the background when I desperately need something to fill my mind when doing something else (unless it's homework, then no).
                                          Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; October 11th, 2019, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X