Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Productive week. Had a meeting with my reemployment advisor which was mandatorily scheduled by the Department of Workforce Security to fill out some paperwork and have my work search history audited for my benefits to continue. On top of that, all the recycling that I had piled up in my storage unit has finally been hauled to a drop-off place, so that weight on my shoulders is over with. Just wish my complex would get a recycling pick-up service, because there's no reason not to have one. Also got my license renewed with a Real ID, so I'm all set for next year.

Next step for me is to get my place looking like it did when I first moved in, then start going golfing more often. There's a pretty good driving range and a couple good courses within close driving distance, so there's not much excuse not to if I wanna find a new hobby. Might see if there's any meetups for other golfers in the area as well for the chance that I'll make some friends.

Comment

Was going to go in to work on my off-day today, but ended up taking a 3 hour nap instead. Time well spent, I think.

Comment

I got summoned for jury duty. Wonder if they'll actually need me, or if I'll just call in 14 times and call it a job well done.

​​​​
        Originally posted by Wade
        Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
          I got summoned for jury duty. Wonder if they'll actually need me, or if I'll just call in 14 times and call it a job well done.

​​​​
          I remember when I was called in. We all just waited for a day, were sent home, then came back the next, waited some more, then literally as we went in to meet the judge, the charges changed, so they just sent us all home and called in a new jury.

Comment

Originally posted by Thar View Post

I remember when I was called in. We all just waited for a day, were sent home, then came back the next, waited some more, then literally as we went in to meet the judge, the charges changed, so they just sent us all home and called in a new jury.

​​​​​​Seems like everybody has a story about how they didn't have to do it lol
            Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

​​​​​​Seems like everybody has a story about how they didn't have to do it lol
              I called once and just told them I wasn't driving on ice/snow, since we had a winter storm just days before. Had a friend, however, that called and told them he was extremely racist and they told him they'd take him off.

Comment

Darude - Sandstorm
                No, seriously, what instruments do they use to make that?

Comment

Originally posted by TechTastic View Post
                  Darude - Sandstorm
                  No, seriously, what instruments do they use to make that?
                  That song gets me pumped. It's also completely electronic. I think it was made with synths and samplers.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

Had a friend, however, that called and told them he was extremely racist and they told him they'd take him off.
                      lol

Comment

Originally posted by Lord L'Zoril View Post

lol
                        I thought it was ingenious as well.

Comment

I thought it was ingenious as well.
                          I can only hope it went down somewhat similar to this:

Huh. I'm pretty sure I did exactly that. Maybe it's because the site wouldn't register the video tags in all caps, though I don't see why not seeing as the capitalized ones are the default.
                          Last edited by Lord L'Zoril; October 5th, 2019, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Comment

• OrganizationXV
                              OrganizationXV commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I dunno what I did but it works

• Lord L'Zoril
                              Lord L'Zoril commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Yea, it's seemingly working now.

enjoying moby dick but why did this nigga melville spend 20 pages describing species of whales
                            Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
                            Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

working on ideas for some book covers, may post a few along with Thar's finished artpiece later

i love working with blue, man, i gotta say....might be the GOAT color tbh

Comment

Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post
                                enjoying moby dick but why did this nigga melville spend 20 pages describing species of whales
                                Something about book length being proportional to money

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post
                                  working on ideas for some book covers, may post a few along with Thar's finished artpiece later

i love working with blue, man, i gotta say....might be the GOAT color tbh
                                  Oo, what kind of book covers?

Comment

Originally posted by Chara View Post

Oo, what kind of book covers?
                                    its for a novel series. it started off as a prequel to the main story Ive been working on, but the characters at this point have pretty much made it into their own story completely independent of the universe they were born into. im about to upload a proof-of-concept in my art thread for the second novel.

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post

its for a novel series. it started off as a prequel to the main story Ive been working on, but the characters at this point have pretty much made it into their own story completely independent of the universe they were born into. im about to upload a proof-of-concept in my art thread for the second novel.
                                      Oo sweet. I still have a comic universe on the tip of my head but my issue is how to make a story out of it. When the ideas come out everything's more like a web than a straight timeline. Like in life, nothing is destined to happen. So there's infinite possibilities

Comment

That song gets me pumped. It's also completely electronic. I think it was made with synths and samplers.
                                        I see. As far as synths go, are they also responsible for sparkling/glimmery/chime sound effects made into notes?

Comment

Working...
                                        X