Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welp... Day 1 and already a colostomy bag went FUBAR at 5 in the morning. And even if I don't remember all the steps, no one's awake so I get to guess at what I'm doing and hope no one gets a disease

Literally nothing has changed, except I'm not prepared to handle it any more. Fuck me, dude.

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
      Welp... Day 1 and already a colostomy bag went FUBAR at 5 in the morning. And even if I don't remember all the steps, no one's awake so I get to guess at what I'm doing and hope no one gets a disease

Literally nothing has changed, except I'm not prepared to handle it any more. Fuck me, dude.
      Well... Fuck that shit. I guess you only went back because you needed the income?

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

Well... Fuck that shit. I guess you only went back because you needed the income?
        Desperately, yes.

But also because I have extra te now that I'm (most likely) graduated. Gotta make that paper back.

Comment

Desperately, yes.

But also because I have extra te now that I'm (most likely) graduated. Gotta make that paper back.
          Mostly graduated? Does that mean you'll be able to start looking for a career with your degree soon?

Comment

So something I realized about this new job; while the job itself is much more enjoyable and pays well, the PTO accumulation system is not as great as my last job. My last job gave full-time employees an hour of paid leave for every 10 hours they worked on top of a fixed amount of "floating holidays" that they could expend at any time for personal reasons. Here, you get a certain number of days off per year, but it's rationed out per completed month. Basically, the first year you get 10 days of personal leave, but you earn them in increments of .83 days that you accumulate at the start of the next month. It's kinda dumb, honestly.

Comment

Mostly graduated? Does that mean you'll be able to start looking for a career with your degree soon?
              Not really... So I'm waiting for my grades to come in (a C and three A's so far. I doubt I failed the two left), but when they do I'll have my AA, which is only useful if a job wants to know I could handle community college. I went for that because then whatever I do go for, it'll be a lot cheaper to get it because I got a lot of necessary classes done at a cheap college.

So until that pays off, the best source of money I can find around me seems to be this shithole.

Comment

Originally posted by Thar View Post
                So something I realized about this new job; while the job itself is much more enjoyable and pays well, the PTO accumulation system is not as great as my last job. My last job gave full-time employees an hour of paid leave for every 10 hours they worked on top of a fixed amount of "floating holidays" that they could expend at any time for personal reasons. Here, you get a certain number of days off per year, but it's rationed out per completed month. Basically, the first year you get 10 days of personal leave, but you earn them in increments of .83 days that you accumulate at the start of the next month. It's kinda dumb, honestly.
                I really like how the hospital I work at handles it, despite how shitty it is otherwise. We accumulate a specific amount per hour worked. Ends up being around 3 and 1/2 hours per week for me. So every three weeks or so, I build up one day's worth of PTO. I went from 0 hours of PTO in August to about 53 hours now. It's nice. (though I need to take it, will probably put in for some time off in a few weeks.)

Not really... So I'm waiting for my grades to come in (a C and three A's so far. I doubt I failed the two left), but when they do I'll have my AA, which is only useful if a job wants to know I could handle community college. I went for that because then whatever I do go for, it'll be a lot cheaper to get it because I got a lot of necessary classes done at a cheap college.

So until that pays off, the best source of money I can find around me seems to be this shithole.
                What did you get your AA in?

Comment

Guess who's doing a second 12-hour overnight in a row, with a different five hour job between them?

Guess who has incredibly shitty co-workers who will never take a shift off anyone else's hands?

What did you get your AA in?
                  ... I might be confused on what an AA is, lol. I didn't think there were different types of it.

I just got my generals done- a bit of math, science, English, communication, business... Shit that gets me a leg up on whatever I going for.

What am I gonna be going for? I dunno. Something, probably.
                  Last edited by OrganizationXV; December 28th, 2018, 06:38 AM.

Comment

I just got my generals done- a bit of math, science, English, communication, business... Shit that gets me a leg up on whatever I going for.

What am I gonna be going for? I dunno. Something, probably.
                    I guess I got confused. I thought you meant something like an A.A.S.

Comment

I really like how the hospital I work at handles it, despite how shitty it is otherwise. We accumulate a specific amount per hour worked. Ends up being around 3 and 1/2 hours per week for me. So every three weeks or so, I build up one day's worth of PTO. I went from 0 hours of PTO in August to about 53 hours now. It's nice. (though I need to take it, will probably put in for some time off in a few weeks
                      Yeah, I really liked that system at my last job. You can expend your time in increments of 4 hours, which means you can work half-days as well as take whole days. Hell, some people just use up the 4 hours a week that they earn just to leave early every Friday. You can even use them on days that you still work, so if you're behind on hours, you can just cash them in to make up for it... or you can just expend a full day and get paid twice as much for that day, cause why not?

In the long term, if you work a whole year without using any of the PTO you've accumulated, you can basically take up to a whole month off.

Also, the fixed holidays that you get are reset at the start of each year, so you pretty much HAVE to use them. The hourly PTO does not, though. So you can just keep building it for as long as you want.

For this job, however, the amount of days you get off per year is calculated by the month and not fully earned until the start of the month for the year afterwards. So in actuality, I only get that whole 10 days off for that year if I haven't spent any of them during that time excluding the holidays we're given.

Comment

Damn, this thread is depressing. To see my fellow T5'ers struggle in their daily life fills my soul with sorrow.

I urge us all then to change our economic model and support labor unions.

Little gem I found on Netflix: Class Rank I highly recommend.

Comment

Originally posted by #83.6666666667 View Post
                          Damn, this thread is depressing. To see my fellow T5'ers struggle in their daily life fills my soul with sorrow.

I urge us all then to change our economic model and support labor unions.

Little gem I found on Netflix: Class Rank I highly recommend.
                          I was thinking of going into, like, some kind of a construction job. Those pretty much have to be union, yeh?

Comment

I was thinking of going into, like, some kind of a construction job. Those pretty much have to be union, yeh?
                            Not sure, but if you're looking to switch jobs I'd advice to first look for a new job and guarantee you have the job before you jump ship. Especially if you are tight on cash. I've heard of your current job and its conditions and I really can't believe you still work there. If I were you I'd have left. How much do they pay you?

Comment

Kinda want a girlfriend... it'd be a nice change of pace.

Comment

Originally posted by #83.6666666667 View Post
                                Not sure, but if you're looking to switch jobs I'd advice to first look for a new job and guarantee you have the job before you jump ship. Especially if you are tight on cash. I've heard of your current job and its conditions and I really can't believe you still work there. If I were you I'd have left. How much do they pay you?
                                $13.50 an hour, which is good enough for a job I was 100% sure I could get the day I asked for it. Not good enough to stay, but good enough to avoid going broke.

Comment

I wish my shitty-ass healthcare job paid me $13.50 an hour, tho

Comment

For real, man, you're getting the shaft there

Comment

As someone also working a shitty healthcare job I feel your pain. I just recently got a raise so now i'm only slightly underpaid when compared to the state average.

Comment

Originally posted by EnemyOfDaState View Post

As someone also working a shitty healthcare job I feel your pain. I just recently got a raise so now i'm only slightly underpaid when compared to the state average.
                                        Shit, you too? What do you do?

Comment

Shit, you too? What do you do?
                                          Home Healthcare mainly just working with the elderly, cooking meals, cleaning, taking them to appointments etc. Just started making 12.00 an hour looking to switch to something different but haven't figured out what I want to do with the rest of my life.

Comment

Working...
                                          X