Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's on your mind this time?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

    so yeah, plenty of time to leave then. Lucky!
    Yeah. The 9th is the last chance to add and drop a class.

    If I want to, I can get out of here and get something else, but I’m not sure what would transfer over, and I might need to make a few calls to find out what would (if a class is even available for this quarter).

    That or I can stuff a CS class in its place and take something less stupid later.

    Comment


      Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post

      Yeah. The 9th is the last chance to add and drop a class.

      If I want to, I can get out of here and get something else, but I’m not sure what would transfer over, and I might need to make a few calls to find out what would (if a class is even available for this quarter).

      That or I can stuff a CS class in its place and take something less stupid later.
      I'd say pick anything else. This'll be a waste of a semester if you keep it.

      Comment


        Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post
        Me: “Okay, multicultural literature, where will we start...Europe? Africa? India? China? Lots of cultures around the world. Lots of time periods to choose too, like old times or contemporary. I wonder what the Shakespeares of other cultures are... I’m sure it won’t be SJW nonsense, I’m sur-“

        Class: “Hahahaha, you thought this was about multicultural stuff around the world? Pathetic mongrel you are! This is gonna be about American sub-cultures...except the sub-culture of Europeans...we forget about them when we were making the curriculum...”

        Me: “...Ok...so where do we start?”

        Class: “Native Americans.”

        Me: “Alright. So what’s their culture? Their literatures? I know their religion, if you could call it that, was different, their values and cultural aspects varied among the tribes, so there’s a lot to dig up about these guy-“

        Class: “Oh, you thought we were gonna analyze their unique culture? We’re just gonna look at literature where Native Americans are sad about what Europeans did to them. Same for the other minorities. That’s all that matters...minorities that are sad cuz Europeans...”

        Me: “...Will there be anything else...?”

        Class: “We’ll talk about racism...and whiteness.”

        Me: “ANYTHING else besides racism? Please, I hear about this shit all the time, can I learn about culture that isn’t just about being sad-“

        Class: “The importance of skin color variation, and going against the grain of historical failures...read this textbook!”

        Me: “...Okay. Let’s see...diversity...diversity...diversity...Wait what? The American identity isn’t about whiteness, it’s specifically about people of different cultures coming to one place over a singular identity over specifically held values about things, like liberty, freedom, and you know, all that patriot stuff over being freedom-loving peop-“

        My textbook: “Fuck off. That was the OLD American identity that was only done to disguise the REAL identity that Americans held all along! Now American identity is all about SKIN COLOR!”

        Class: “Are you excited to become WOKE!?”

        Me: “...Why did I expect anything else from this class...”


        > mfw I troll myself by taking a class that I absolutely hate

        Comment


          Originally posted by Cid View Post



          > mfw I troll myself by taking a class that I absolutely hate
          It doesn’t feel good.

          It really doesn’t.

          All I have as consolation is the fact I THOUGHT it would be about multiple cultures’ literature and not the evils of the SPOOPY white man...
          Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; January 8th, 2019, 04:04 PM.

          Comment


            Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

            I'd say pick anything else. This'll be a waste of a semester if you keep it.
            Not a total waste. I have 2 other classes.

            It’ll waste a slot, though, soooo...

            Comment


              Cid Just so you don’t get the wrong idea, tho...

              I took the class for the sake of a transfer credit agreement. Take it here, get a degree at another college, and avoid 4 more gen ed classes (and thus also more chances of possibly being cornered into the loony section).

              Needed something that would transfer, and this class was the closest to any of the ones there, because other ones didn’t look entirely transferable. Since I didn’t read the learning outcomes, I got the impression of a class completely different from the one I walked into.

              So it’s not because I really wanted to hear a bunch of a bullshit on race that I took it...
              Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; January 8th, 2019, 04:44 PM.

              Comment


                Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post
                Cid Just so you don’t get the wrong idea, tho...

                I took the class for the sake of a transfer credit agreement. Take it here, get a degree at another college, and avoid 4 more gen ed classes (and thus also more chances of possibly being cornered into the loony section).

                Needed something that would transfer, and this class was the closest to any of the ones there, because other ones didn’t look entirely transferable. Since I didn’t read the learning outcomes, I got the impression of a class completely different from the one I walked into.

                So it’s not because I really wanted to hear a bunch of a bullshit on race that I took it...
                I was just memeing, mate. The class does sound like a bunch of bullshit. It's one of the reasons why I enjoyed my college experience in the south so much. Those classes don't exist here. lol

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Cid View Post

                  I was just memeing, mate. The class does sound like a bunch of bullshit. It's one of the reasons why I enjoyed my college experience in the south so much. Those classes don't exist here. lol
                  Well that’s at least one thing you get out of living in Alabama.

                  BRB, got a cool math teacher to listen to.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post

                    BRB, got a cool math teacher to listen to.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
                      Do you not get such things?

                      I’ve been lucky with math teachers. Only one was subpar.

                      This guy’s also great. Witty, funny, great explanations and enthusiastic, just a nice style.

                      Had him for “Sets and Logic” (more theoretical look at things; the “toolbox” of theoretical math, so to say). Got him for linear algebra now. Interesting classes.

                      I hope to get him for the entirety of my math experience here, but I probably won’t (I’ll probably lose him at some point, he can only teach so many math classes).

                      Math is only enjoyable insofar as the teacher makes it an interesting subject.

                      And my sub-par one didn’t, tbqh.

                      Comment


                      • OrganizationXV
                        OrganizationXV commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I had one okay teacher in college, but all the other ones sucked as far as I remembered.

                        I figured a lot of it was the sheer density of what they had to get across every year. Even the good one was pressed for time and sometimes gave us two assignments in one class period just to stay on track.

                      Decided to keep the class (well, add it back again, really; the systems didn’t update in the brief respite, so it shouldn’t be a problem, and even if it is, I can consult the teacher, but I really haven’t had any assignments).

                      Let’s see...

                      1. Replacements are sparse in availability. Not a lot of transferability between my two colleges, actually, which is even further limited by a stricter selection of classes that can have their credits transferred according to my community college, which are also limited to the humanities.

                      2. Pre-Reqs. Even if they can, a lot require pre-reqs I haven’t taken.

                      3. Straight up not available. Either the Community College class equivalent isn’t here, or it’s not here for the current quarter, and only half-way into this can I get classes for the next, and the only way to get any idea which is available for next quarter would be a counseler appointment that would go past the deadline of the 9th.

                      4. Overlaps with other classes (all the art classes I could take did this...literally every one, and the ones that didn’t I couldn’t take for reasons above).

                      5. The same shit that I’m already taking. A lot of these classes are infected with this stuff...

                      6. New textbooks. Gonna have to get those if I get a new class.

                      7. Already took it previously so it’d just do nothing to help my situation.

                      So I’m just gonna stay in this one and wait it out. I’ll likely get my associate’s from my Community College sooner than if I did anything else anyway, and I don’t feel like waiting much longer to get this transfer credit agreement done.

                      All the alternatives come with side effects I don’t want to deal with.

                      Besides. A stupid class is probably better for my mood than one I have trouble with, like I did with Physics...
                      Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; January 8th, 2019, 07:52 PM.

                      Comment


                        At least you can have fun bitching about the class?

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
                          At least you can have fun bitching about the class?
                          I’ll have fun taking the teacher to task and bickering with him.

                          Eh, I’ll probably just get used to it and count the days.

                          I can probably only bitch about it so much, honestly, lol.

                          Comment


                            Hey OrganizationXV you left your profile signed in on my phone goofball. 💙

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by ChaosXVI View Post
                              Hey OrganizationXV you left your profile signed in on my phone goofball. 💙
                              you 2 banging each other or what
                              Originally posted by Kajin_Style
                              I say the japanese schoolgirl. She'll pull out a whistle and summon a mecha to fight for her.
                              Meanwhile the catholic girl prays to an imaginary god that throughout all his biblical feats has not once saved someone from a fight.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Pocket Rocket View Post

                                you 2 banging each other or what
                                We are engaged to be married so.... yeah

                                Comment


                                • ChaosXVI
                                  ChaosXVI commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  I kinda based my name off his too

                                Originally posted by Pocket Rocket View Post

                                you 2 banging each other or what
                                Not at the moment, no.

                                Comment


                                  Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

                                  Not at the moment, no.
                                  Lol ok

                                  Comment


                                    Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

                                    Not at the moment, no.
                                    You're missing a golden opportunity there. Could make a MvC/T5 first.

                                    Comment


                                      there are people in my family who think the moon landing didnt happen

                                      I literally want to end my life

                                      Comment

                                      Working...
                                      X