Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in other news i think ive got my first completed draft of Mithra's Dreadnought. Was originally thinking of adding on an entirely different riff for the outro, but the main harmony is so great that I don't want to distract from it by introducing brand new elements to the song tbh so i just tagged on a variation of the intro instead to give it a nice rounded out feel. I'll prolly spend tomorrow and the next weekend optimising the tones and work on some song art. really proud of how this one turned out lol
    Last edited by Helly; February 29th, 2020, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post
      in other news i think ive got my first completed draft of Mithra's Dreadnought. Was originally thinking of adding on an entirely different riff for the outro, but the main harmony is so great that I don't want to distract from it by introducing brand new elements to the song tbh so i just tagged on a variation of the intro instead to give it a nice rounded out feel. I'll prolly spend tomorrow and the next weekend optimising the tones and work on some song art. really proud of how this one turned out lol
      Dude, hell yeah. Lemme know when you have that draft ready to roll out.

Also, as far as NASALies goes, don't get too excited about him ever changing his opinion. From what I understand, he's made being a flat-earther a pretty big chunk of his identity, so he can't afford to be wrong about it.
      Originally posted by Wade
      Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
        he's made being a flat-earther a pretty big chunk of his identity, so he can't afford to be wrong about it.
        I was just joking about that crying bit. But if this is true, then yeah he probably did cry. lolololol

Comment

Also, as far as NASALies goes, don't get too excited about him ever changing his opinion. From what I understand, he's made being a flat-earther a pretty big chunk of his identity, so he can't afford to be wrong about it.
          That's just the thing about people like him, though. Despite how ignorant and stubborn that sort of mindset is for people with that type of belief, that kind of clinginess to it is so engraved into their lives and personality that any kind of genuine realization that they're wrong will just... destroy them. I mean, can you imagine having such a passionate attachment to something that's pretty much defined who you are entirely only to have it shattered in front of you? From what I've learned, the stubbornness against any logical reasoning against it is merely a form of mental defense in order to prevent a total and utter meltdown. Hence the denial.

Comment

Originally posted by Thar View Post

That's just the thing about people like him, though. Despite how ignorant and stubborn that sort of mindset is for people with that type of belief, that kind of clinginess to it is so engraved into their lives and personality that any kind of genuine realization that they're wrong will just... destroy them. I mean, can you imagine having such a passionate attachment to something that's pretty much defined who you are entirely only to have it shattered in front of you? From what I've learned, the stubbornness against any logical reasoning against it is merely a form of mental defense in order to prevent a total and utter meltdown. Hence the denial.
            That's exactly what it is. I have a family member that believes all the illuminati shit, and they go from trying to get the sheeple to wake up, to just screaming until you stop talking, in about five minutes of arguments. When I say that, I literally mean they'd watch my mouth and wait for me to start talking so they could shriek and drown out what I had to say.

To this day, they keep trying to convince me that Eminem has been replaced with a clone six times, and don't have the patience for even an "I disagree".
            Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

That's exactly what it is. I have a family member that believes all the illuminati shit, and they go from trying to get the sheeple to wake up, to just screaming until you stop talking, in about five minutes of arguments. When I say that, I literally mean they'd watch my mouth and wait for me to start talking so they could shriek and drown out what I had to say.

To this day, they keep trying to convince me that Eminem has been replaced with a clone six times, and don't have the patience for even an "I disagree".
              So true, which is why I also don't even bother. Not just cause arguments aren't my strong suit, but just the sheer and utter disregard for literally anything I say just makes it a waste of time and effort, which is why I struggle to know how to feel towards anyone who even tries. But I suppose they have their reasons, which are not for me to judge.

Comment

It won't happen overnight, sure, but I think that with enough patience and the right approach you can reach almost anyone, even if it is a big part of their identity. Remember the two holocaust deniers we had a while back? They didn't go back on everything, but I did get them to reconsider a couple of the points that I did attack. I'm sure that with enough time they could have been made to see the shaky conspiracy theory for what it was. In these circumstances, it's also important to establish yourself as someone who can be trusted, perhaps even moreso than providing sound arguments. The two conspiracy theorists knew that I wasn't a shill for the left because they had witnessed the fallout I had with nearly all of my friends on this site for holding to the belief that there was some validity to what the far-right believes. And I still do. I just don't agree with most of the movement's normative claims, such as their overall goal to either pressure or forcibly remove non-whites from their homes in the west, or their subversive attempts at undermining the democratic institutions of the country that they claim to love, or their cynical authoritarianism in general. That aside, they had seen my threads and the huge fallout I had with nearly everyone, so they knew I wasn't one to backpedal for the sake of protecting someone's sensibilities, even if that person was a friend. So when I had something to say about their theories, they gave me a chance. And I was cordial with them as well.

Granted, I was a bit short here with NASALies in the beginning and that was my bad, but I do genuinely want to speak with them because I do have several types of interests in having these conversations. It's useful to me, it might be beneficial to them which also fuels my hope that humanity can come to discover some form of truth at some point, and it's also just an entertaining pastime of mine as well.

Comment

worked a bit on the next pieces

also added a bass to Dreadnought. Initially i had foregone the instrument because i thought it would interfere too much with the really big guitar tone but i was able to tweak the rhythm tone as well to become more spacious and bassy yet still leave room for a bass.....how did I even manage that???? lol. this track has gone from a titan to a god.
                  Last edited by Helly; March 1st, 2020, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Apparently there has been some drama with Idubbbz's gf creating an onlyfans account. Now all the two-digit IQ Neanderthals with 0 GFs are coming out of their basements calling Idubbz a 'simp' or whatever...lul....

Ive been thinking about a YT debut for a while, I think this may provide a great opportunity for me tbh. Maybe go the route of Destiny and destroy the reactionaries dribbling out their unimaginative droll and get subs that way while providing a service for more enlightened discourse. I mean just listen to this cringy moron:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IMyJOvh0QOc

I don't think I heard a single salient statement at any point in his inane rambling. How does this guy have subs lol. You cant imagine who'd want edups gf? Neither can I imagine anyone watching this stupid crap unironically and clicking the sub button lol. Im gonna start drafting some scripts for a vid tomorrow, wish me luck guys these people are I N T E L L E C T U A L P O W E R H O U S E S

Comment

quadruple post! :p

day 1 of no bakery job. I have finished the script for my debut video and have rehearsed some recordings. Ive also done some video edits using relevant screenshots, memes, and some pretty pics I drew myself. At this point though I am wondering if I should expand on this further to talk about the implications of the 'simp' term in general. Its already been awhile, so why not

Also did a fully colored art-thing for Dreadnought but idk it doesnt have quite the impression I want it to have. Dreadnought itself is 100% completed btw just trying to work out the visual art to go with it on Bandcamp.

in other other news, today Ive also been able to mess around with some comic panel ideas since figuring out how to create speech bubbles in Gimp. It is an EXTREMELY tedious task lol, I will definitely have to figure out how to create these webcomics in a more expeditious manner if I'm to bless this world with the labyrinthine and enigmatic waifu that is Angela-Aeshima.

Goddamn i cant believe how much time i have now LOL

Comment

f it

im using royalty-free pics lol....I cant get held up to work on my art skills rn, plus im not going to be making art that is as cool as these snapshots of interstellar nebulae anytime soon. I got too many projects to get fixated on this minor detail

Comment

I threw in my two weeks at one of the jobs, since the other one makes me rather high risk for Corona and the one I quit involves working with old people. But fuck it, they suck anyway. I'll just coast on one job until I can get in the trades.

I've been trying to get into shape, so I'm gonna try use a lot of my free time for that. Maybe draw some more, but I'm not really ready to try more writing yet. Maybe later, but not now.

Comment

Working...
                          X