Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If there was one thing I wish they kept for Broly's backstory from Movie 8, it would be the whole King Vegeta attempting to kill Paragus and giving the order to have Broly killed because of his abnormal power level. Then as they're both left for dead while Frieza destroys Planet Vegeta, have Broly save Paragus like he did in the OG movie, but then have Beets save the two as they're lost in space then have them crash land on Planet Vampa.

And you know the rest.

EDIT: Also I wish they would've told us or showed us a flashback of Broly destroying Paragus's eye cause we all know he did. It would've really shown how mentally unstable Broly is.
    Last edited by Darkseeker1379; January 31st, 2019, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Finally saw Broly.

The world building and new characters introduced were great. Actual movie was meh. Cheelai can sit on my face tbh.

When will we get a Super episode were Chadhan cucks Broly and adds her to his harem?
      Last edited by Zemoco; February 2nd, 2019, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Lol saw it today they domesticated Broly. Old Broly turning over in his fictional grave. Not only that movies points out how fucked up Frieza was. Yet they still let him run around.
        Last edited by 40 acres; February 3rd, 2019, 12:11 AM.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j5Frq4gbHY

Comment

Originally posted by 40 acres View Post
          Lol saw it today they domesticated Broly. Old Broly turning over in his fictional grave. Not only that movies points out how fucked up Frieza was. Yet they still let him run around.
          Frieza's more or less on probation. They only let him stay around cause he helped them win against Jiren. The only thing left to ask is when will Frieza do some fucked up shit again to the point he's gonna get killed again.

Comment

The movie somewhat justified Frieza killing off the Saiyans tbh. I mean nothing can justify a genocide, but Saiyans really are pretty horrible.

The movie really did a good job in portraying Saiyans as unfeeling sociopaths.

Comment

Originally posted by Zemoco View Post
              The movie really did a good job in portraying Saiyans as unfeeling sociopaths.

lmao

Jor-El really made a good job portraying Saiyans as unfeeling sociopaths

Did you forget the Bardock TV Special has existed for decades or what
              Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
              Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

I'd also say that they went too far in domesticating Broly tbh. He kind of had no reason to be angry at anyone. I also don't get why he was getting so angry when he was looking at Vegeta and Goku. The way Paragus death was handled was also so matter of factly that it was pretty funny. They didn't even mention that nigga at the end.

Also, Frieza was flanderized a bit, too. I mean he was blindingly so in ROF, but they at least rein that in during the TOP. Really, use the dragon balls to be "taller"? After the trouble he went through on Namek? His reasoning of immortality being not all it's cracked up to be is also dumb, since if you are immortal, you can't die. It be the perfect thing in keeping him from ending up in Hell again. Alsom cool seeing King Cold after all this time. On that note, Yammer it was a perfect time to make Cooler canon, cmon.

It be better if Paragus was the primary villain for the movie. I'd say I'd keep everything, but include Broly being triggered by Baby crying and Goku's hair. I really did love the crash landing on the barren planet and Broly and Paragus being trapped there for decades. Tbh that shit was the best part of the movie, along with the Planet Vegeta segments.

Frieza really had no reason to be in the movie, so I'd say best that he provides Broly and Paragus, as well as a retinue of warriors and ships, but still being largely uninvolved..

Comment

Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post
                  lmao

Jor-El really made a good job portraying Saiyans as unfeeling sociopaths

Did you forget the Bardock TV Special has existed for decades or what
                  Not the same. They were basically doing what everyone else were doing at the time, and it was heavily implied that Frieza was the one kind of forcing them to do it anime wise.

Vegeta and Raditz literally not caring that there families fucking died and Paragus literally shooting a dude that helped him look for his son just because there wouldn't be enough food on the planet for 3 people just makes them feel like unfeeling assholes. Especially when it wasn't even necessary.

Not a criticism, by the way. I really liked it.
                  Last edited by Zemoco; February 3rd, 2019, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Not the same. They were basically doing what everyone else were doing at the time, and it was heavily implied that Frieza was the one kind of forcing them to do it anime wise.
                    The special starts with a montage of the Saiyans committing a genocide and then cuts to Bardock saying his son's trash for being born with a low power level. The end of the special shows Vegeta not giving a fuck his planet was vaporized, "Planet Vegeta was destroyed" and his response is "And?" while surrounded by corpses lmao
                    Last edited by DokTOR.; February 3rd, 2019, 07:30 AM.
                    Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

The special starts with a montage of the Saiyans committing a genocide and then cuts to Bardock saying his trash for being born with a low power level. The end of the special shows Vegeta not giving a fuck his planet was vaporized, "Planet Vegeta was destroyed" and his response is "And?" while surrounded by corpses lmao
                      I do admit, it's been ages since I've seen the special so I forgot about that.

The Genocide is against some fish people lol. No shit they wouldn't care.

Still, at least with the Bardock example, that mostly seems like he's taking the piss. I mean he clearly cared when his friends died.

I'm not saying that Saiyans aren't bad, and were never portrayed as sociopaths in previous media, just that this movie did a good job in showing that.

Comment

Still, at least with the Bardock example, that mostly seems like he's taking the piss. I mean he clearly cared when his friends died.
                        He cared about his friends because presumably they've been through shit together. He doesn't care about his son because he's a weakling, and he only starts caring because he gets magical plot device powers that allow him to see Goku's gonna be the shit when he grows up. Even so, he starts caring because Goku will avenge his people, not because he loves him legitimately like a dad, like in nuBardock's case. The fact Raditz isn't mentioned once, or his wife, + his attitude when he sees Goku for the first time should clue you in on what old Bardock thinks about his family.

just that this movie did a good job in showing that.
                        I don't agree. King Vegeta and Paragus were exactly the same as they have always been portrayed, Bardock was sissified and the addition of characters like Beets, Bardock's partner and Gine make Saiyan society certainly more human and less ruthless and barbaric as they were portrayed in Toei filler.

Comment

He cared about his friends because presumably they've been through shit together. He doesn't care about his son because he's a weakling, and he only starts caring because he gets magical plot device powers that allow him to see Goku's gonna be the shit when he grows up. Even so, he starts caring because Goku will avenge his people, not because he loves him legitimately like a dad, like in nuBardock's case. The fact Raditz isn't mentioned once, or his wife, + his attitude when he sees Goku for the first time should clue you in on what old Bardock thinks about his family.
                          Even if a Saiyan had been through alot together, even through decades of their lives, they'd kill you at the drop of a hat (Vegeta to Nappa, Nappa and Vegeta when they heard Raditz died).

Bardock cared to an overwhelming degree that his friends died. He always had some love for his friends and family.

I don't agree. King Vegeta and Paragus were exactly the same as they have always been portrayed, Bardock was sissified and the addition of characters like Beets, Bardock's partner and Gine make Saiyan society certainly more human and less ruthless and barbaric as they were portrayed in Toei filler.
                          Minus and other media go out of their way to say people like Gine aren't really typical. Gine even said that "Caring about your kids is un-Saiyan like". You also can't really have a society of warriors. Someone has to do some menial labor or else everyone goes hungry and there would be literal shit everywhere.

The movie said that Saiyans were fucking shit up on their own way before Cold took over. KV was willing to see an infant be sent out to die just because if anyone was going to kill Frieza, it would be his seed, not some bastard upstart. Paragus also said "That he'd never "trust another Saiyan to not stab him in the back" or something along those lines. The Broly movie really did portray Saiyan culture as incredibly destructive and toxic.
                          Last edited by Zemoco; February 3rd, 2019, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Even if a Saiyan had been through alot together, even through decades of their lives, they'd kill you at the drop of a hat (Vegeta to Nappa, Nappa and Vegeta when they heard Raditz died).
                            Nappa wanted to revive Raditz. Vegeta is an exceptionally cuntish Saiyan

Minus and other media go out of their way to say people like Gine aren't really typical. Gine even said that "Caring about your kids is un-Saiyan like". You also can't really have a society of warriors. Someone has to do some menial labor or else everyone goes hungry and there would be literal shit everywhere.
                            Sure, it doesn't mean they have to be some soyboys. The TV special shows Saiyans hanging out in bars and they're a bunch of barbaric, chauvinist and dirty savages.

The movie said that Saiyans were fucking shit up on their own way before Cold took over.
                            So did Toei filler. Remember the Tuffle genocide?

The Broly movie really did portray Saiyan culture as incredibly destructive and toxic.
                            Not as much as what it had been previously. It was severely toned down through the inclusion of milquetoast characters, that's the point.

Comment

Nappa wanted to revive Raditz. Vegeta is an exceptionally cuntish Saiyan
                              I remember this ,but couldn't recall if this was an anime/DUB only line. Concede on that point, then.

Not as much as what it had been previously. It was severely toned down through the inclusion of milquetoast characters, that's the point.
                              I'll concede, as you did make your point.

Comment

An easy way to tell how Toriyama dulled the Saiyan’s fangs is King Vegeta.

New movie: Exiles Broly and, somewhat, tolerates Paragus’ balktalk.

Old movie: Impales Broly and attempts to execute Paragus for protesting.

Comment

The movie somewhat justified Frieza killing off the Saiyans tbh. I mean nothing can justify a genocide, but Saiyans really are pretty horrible.

The movie really did a good job in portraying Saiyans as unfeeling sociopaths
                                  I mean I get that I was just talking about how on paper Goku is a pretty fucked up in a lot of ways. He is not really that much of hero. He just likes fighting. Frieza being allowed to do what he wants is proof of that. The Saiyans would be dangerous if he didn't kill them off. Even if the old Saiyans couldn't beat Frieza himself they could have fucked up his army. That is why he to trapped them and caught them off guard. Frieza saw that and was like nah fuck that yall gotta go. They definitely weren't innocent they were committing a lot of genocide themselves.

Originally posted by Darkseeker1379 View Post

Frieza's more or less on probation. They only let him stay around cause he helped them win against Jiren. The only thing left to ask is when will Frieza do some fucked up shit again to the point he's gonna get killed again.
                                  Nah the man is running around ruling the universe while Goku only cares about potential sparring partners. Which brings up the point Goku is like the drug addict everyone loves. His drug of choice fighting. Fighting to him is like heroin. He will do some reckless shit to get his fix. Case and point the tournament of power. He actually doesn't give a fuck what Frieza does like that as long as he has potential fighting partners. Goku is more like old school saiyans than Vegeta in some ways.
                                  Originally posted by Ziku View Post
                                  An easy way to tell how Toriyama dulled the Saiyan’s fangs is King Vegeta.

New movie: Exiles Broly and, somewhat, tolerates Paragus’ balktalk .

Old movie: Impales Broly and attempts to execute Paragus for protesting.
                                  2019 you can't be showing babies getting stabbed on the big screen lol.

Last edited by 40 acres; February 3rd, 2019, 01:11 PM.
                                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j5Frq4gbHY

Comment

2019 you can't be showing babies getting stabbed on the big screen lol.
                                    Yeah you can. You'd just have to face the full wrath of the SJWs afterward.

Comment

fuck sjws

Comment

• DokTOR.
                                        DokTOR. commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        based

Broly was one of the most garbage movies I've ever seen in theaters. Mediocre art and animation at best, horrible story, cemented characters like frieza and vegeta as eternal CLOWNS, fusion is a terrible cop out, etc. How do one punch man episodes have such better fighting and animation than this movie how untalented was this team lol

Comment

Broly's only line as he's powering up for legit 1/5th of the entire movie: AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Comment

Working...
                                        X