This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 40 acres View Post

Whatever this is legit rehashing an already existing character. Nothing about this plot is original nor does it inspire people to seek out the film for the story. Niggas simply want to see Broly wreck shit again it is that simple. Looking at db for plot is the same level as looking at the wwe for plot . Why the fuck people trying to be fake deep it's escapist entertainment about buff niggas fighting lol?
    I didn't even go in expecting a deep plot, fam. The film just wasn't handled well enough to get a solid rating from me.

Comment

The movie advertised itself on its plot or else one of the 3 major trailers wouldn't have been dedicated to the plot.
      Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
      Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

Originally posted by Kanzentai View Post

Imagina watching DB for the plot, lmao
        I feel bad for her man. Broly's gonna rip her ass in half. The man's a giant.

Comment

Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post
          The movie advertised itself on its plot or else one of the 3 major trailers wouldn't have been dedicated to the plot.
          Yes.

Only one of three trailers have anything about the plot.

Plot’s in DB only to carry the action forward and have some semblance of glue between the action scenes; make it so that the action doesn’t feel entirely pointless and there as mere eye candy, because DBZ and onward is first and foremost an action based franchise (although even in this respect, it still falters a bit; the inconsistencies that propped up more and more through the tournament arc exemplify this).

So plot isn’t that important, and serves its function about the same way Mario’s plots do.

Not much reason going into it expecting a really good story.

Comment

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post
            make it so that the action doesn’t feel entirely pointless
            Agreed. It's a bad thing that Broly's fights feel entirely pointless because the plot is awful.

Not much reason going into it expecting a really good story.
            DB produced consistently good stories until the Cell arc.
            Last edited by DokTOR.; January 14th, 2019, 02:47 PM.
            Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

There's an uncanny resemblance between nu-DB apologists and nu-Star Wars apologists. The "SW always had bad plots! It's all an excuse to see space wizards and laser swords!" revisionism has translated into "DB always had bad plots! It's all an excuse to see space monkeys and fireballs!"

What is it? Is it a fear of being ridiculed for admitting that you consider something that is not traditionally mature to be actually a good, solid piece of fiction that stands on its own irrespective of genre conventions? That's a pretty pathetic insecurity.

Comment

half the movie was just screaming
                Beat Happening - Tiger Trap

Comment

So now that the dust has settled, can we agree Old Broly > New Broly? Both in terms of character and first movie?

Comment

There's an uncanny resemblance between nu-DB apologists and nu-Star Wars apologists. The "SW always had bad plots! It's all an excuse to see space wizards and laser swords!" revisionism has translated into "DB always had bad plots! It's all an excuse to see space monkeys and fireballs!"

What is it? Is it a fear of being ridiculed for admitting that you consider something that is not traditionally mature to be actually a good, solid piece of fiction that stands on its own irrespective of genre conventions? That's a pretty pathetic insecurity.
                    I watch what the fuck I want to watch. Db ever since hitting Dbz on up has traditionally been storylines close to the level of the wwe storylines. It’s not a diss nothing about it is deep the storylines are whatever most of the time. Not everything has to be deep to enjoy. It has a frivolous plot most of the time. Broly in particular never gained his popularity because of his plot. He gained popularity when he beat the shit out of Goku and company in his first movie. He was a hype beast ever since then. Too bad the sequels were ass.
                    Last edited by 40 acres; January 14th, 2019, 04:02 PM.
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j5Frq4gbHY

Comment

Originally posted by Ziku View Post
                      So now that the dust has settled, can we agree Old Broly > New Broly? Both in terms of character and first movie?
                      Character yeah, movie nah, fights this time are actually good

Comment

Originally posted by Ziku View Post
                        duh, also Old Broly had more brutality. Painful reminder that it's not the 90s anymore
                        Last edited by Salvador Kali; January 14th, 2019, 04:17 PM.
                        Beat Happening - Tiger Trap

Comment

Originally posted by 40 acres View Post

I watch what the fuck I want to watch. Db ever since hitting Dbz on up has traditionally been storylines close to the level of the wwe storylines.
                          Truth.

Saiyan Saga: Guy comes over, beats up a guy, guy dies, trains, comes back to face more guys that want these balls and beat up some of his friends, guy has fight with the guys coming for the balls, guy wins...barely.

Namek Saga: Guy wants to bring back friends, goes to alien planet with more balls, other guys want balls too, guy and his buds have conflict with the bad guys, gets reduced to one guy vs one bad guy, one guy wins.

Android Saga: This alien guy comes to Earth, future boy comes in and kills him as a detour on his plot to SAVE THE WORLD! Androids are dickin' around because of this doctor fuck or something, doctor gets killed by his own creations (wow...whoever saw that coming), androids fuck around, this other android...organic...bug thing comes in and decides he wants to EAT the androids dickin' around, there's conflict over that, some vegetable prince fucks up, there's a big tussle later over that, good guys win, but our long time guy dies in the process, and some off spring had to kill the bug thing...

BOO saga: So this BOO from Mario Bros-I mean, uhhh, this pink guy appropriating the BOO trademark is apparently a problem, because some people want to bring him back, Guy comes back, there's some drama between guy and an ally, BOO comes back, BOO befriends some afro-dude, BOO turns into a meanie some time along the way, world's in danger, good guys get in a tussle with him, good guys eventually win.

Literally DBZ's plot.

So I don't watch it for that, lol.
                          Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; January 14th, 2019, 04:18 PM.

Comment

RCA fuck off, you legit have no credibility whatsoever lmao You were sucking DBZ's and Broly's cock, claiming it to be the greatest thing ever, all day every day back on MvC. You, along with Ran, Morph and those other clowns, are just part of the group of people who conflate growing up with throwing what you liked under the bus, so your opinion is worth jackshit

Comment

RCA fuck off, you legit have no credibility whatsoever lmao You were sucking DBZ's and Broly's cock, claiming it to be the greatest thing ever, all day every day back on MvC.
                              See bolded.

Broly's the only guy that means anything to me anymore, and that's only because of his design and some nostalgia on my part, lol.

I went back and tried to watch DBZ all over again at some point in the past, but it became something I kind of had to force myself to do, and ended up just skipping to the best big fights here and there.

And Dragon Ball Super...

Well, only the Tournament Arc seemed kind of interesting, and only because I wanted to see how a giant fight like that would be handled.
                              Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; January 14th, 2019, 04:24 PM.

Comment

DB produced consistently good stories until the Cell arc.
                                If by "good" you mean "terrible but not the literal worst in all of fiction like the subsequent arcs," then yes, it did.

"Listen, Bubbs: hear that? The sounds of the whispering winds of shit."
                                Rest in peace, John Dunsworth (1946-2017).

Comment

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post

See bolded.

Broly's the only guy that means anything to me anymore, and that's only because of his design and some nostalgia on my part, lol.

I went back and tried to watch DBZ all over again at some point in the past, but it became something I kind of had to force myself to do, and ended up just skipping to the best big fights here and there.

And Dragon Ball Super...

Well, only the Tournament Arc seemed kind of interesting, and only because I wanted to see how a giant fight like that would be handled.
                                  >watching the anime
                                  >watching the dub
                                  heh

Comment

Originally posted by P408370R View Post
                                    If by "good" you mean "terrible but not the literal worst in all of fiction like the subsequent arcs," then yes, it did.
                                    Well you consistently use sets of WOAT-tier Twilight-lite shows like Supernatural and Vampire my diary desu, so your opinion is equally worthless

Comment

>watching the dub
                                      heh
                                      I watched the Super sub (part of it, anyway).

But I prefer dubs, and the DBZ dub in particular...because at least Goku doesn't sound like an old granny in the dubs, lol.

Really don't feel like having my eyes glued to half the screen all the time either...
                                      Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; January 14th, 2019, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Well you consistently use sets of WOAT-tier Twilight-lite shows like Supernatural and Vampire my diary desu, so your opinion is equally worthless
                                        "n-no u stupid, ha ha i'm so edgy and smart because i like trash"

"Listen, Bubbs: hear that? The sounds of the whispering winds of shit."
                                        Rest in peace, John Dunsworth (1946-2017).

Comment

Originally posted by P408370R View Post
                                          "n-no u stupid, ha ha i'm so edgy and smart because i like trash"
                                          I like good shows and don't claim them to be trash because of insecurity. See ^ RCA

Comment

Working...
                                          X