X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cid View Post

Yes, actually.
    That's what I thought, I think my face contorts into that when I set in the seat.

Comment

Originally posted by Oneiros View Post

gz; gl

ngl, making me wanna start playing again
      Thanks. If you ever decide to play again, I'm always up for some matches

Comment

Too much, but what isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Louay View Post

Thanks. If you ever decide to play again, I'm always up for some matches
          For sure. I'm rusty as heck so I prolly suck now, but I'm willing to embarrass myself after the WC is over. Won't have time before then because this will be the first Cup where I'm able to DVR every single match (so I can subsequently shitpost my ocean-deep analyses here for all my beloved e-buddies to see, ofc <3), but I'm free the month after. Then, it's back to the grind...
          Last edited by Oneiros; June 11th, 2018, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oneiros View Post

For sure. I'm rusty as heck so I prolly suck now, but I'm willing to embarrass myself after the WC is over. Won't have time before then because this will be the first Cup where I'm able to DVR every single match (so I can subsequently shitpost my ocean-deep analyses here for all my beloved e-buddies to see, ofc <3), but I'm free the month after. Then, it's back to the grind...
            Yeah I know the feeling, when I started playing again and made an account on Chess.com i dropped like 400 points from what I used to be lol. Whipped myself back into shape a couple of months later. NowI'm working my way back and 100 points short of my personal best.
            I'm literally taking a break from work just to watch every game. Good thing I won't have to stay up late like in 2014, having the world cup in a timezone 1 hour withing my own fucking helps
            (too bad there's no USA to shitpost about, hoping some other meme team takes the mantle this year)
            Last edited by Louay; June 11th, 2018, 10:40 AM.

Comment

My boss told me earlier today that they'll be officially hiring me full-time after my contract ends. Things are working out rather well for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Thar View Post
                My boss told me earlier today that they'll be officially hiring me full-time after my contract ends. Things are working out rather well for me.
                good shit my dude!

Comment

Originally posted by Louay View Post

Yeah I know the feeling, when I started playing again and made an account on Chess.com i dropped like 400 points from what I used to be lol. Whipped myself back into shape a couple of months later. NowI'm working my way back and 100 points short of my personal best.
                  I'm literally taking a break from work just to watch every game. Good thing I won't have to stay up late like in 2014, having the world cup in a timezone 1 hour withing my own fucking helps
                  (too bad there's no USA to shitpost about, hoping some other meme team takes the mantle this year)
                  Wonder what my Elo rating is. Or was, rather. In spite of chess being one of my great passions growing up, I never played competitively. I played (and won) a ton of friendly matches with other kids and adults alike, but there are no asterisks in life as you well know. No regrets, though. Missing out on a bit of chess is much more acceptable than missing out on soccer like I otherwise might've. Besides, I can still see my (de facto) rating on chess.com and such. I remember when KoS challenged me to a match on one of those sites a few years back only to pussy out and me to not bother registering, lol. Ironically, it's MvC/T5 that is once again drawing me towards chess. Seems this site *is* good for something after all. :o

Technically, Russia (I know, I know, they're the gracious hosts, but still) and Egypt qualifying is a meme in and of itself. Saudi Arabia isn't much better, considering their own hiatus. And that's just from Group A. Lol

Comment

...So, I've been interacting alot more with poor people for awhile now and I gotta say....It's really testing my patience. I mean, how the hell do any of these guys expect to advance in life if they keep sacrificing the future for the present.

They try to get me to indulge in alot of their bad habits, too. They think it would help me somehow. Lol. Well, I've tried getting them to see things my way. I guess the only thing left to do is wait and see if they decide to make the effort after it's been 5 years and I'm making, like, 40 times what I am now....

ey, thx brotendo....pinky swaer, imma have these soon....

Comment

Why isn't there a movie in this style?
                      Why?

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post
                        ...So, I've been interacting alot more with poor people for awhile now and I gotta say....It's really testing my patience. I mean, how the hell do any of these guys expect to advance in life if they keep sacrificing the future for the present.

They try to get me to indulge in alot of their bad habits, too. They think it would help me somehow. Lol. Well, I've tried getting them to see things my way. I guess the only thing left to do is wait and see if they decide to make the effort after it's been 5 years and I'm making, like, 40 times what I am now....

ey, thx brotendo....pinky swaer, imma have these soon....
                        I'm pretty sure they don't care dude, all they want is drugs and all they're going to amount to is getting drugs whenever they can for the rest of their life, there's not really much you can do about it. I've come to realize you can't help everyone and they'll never have better futures because they'll always be lazy and they'll never get jobs. If they won't help themselves there's only a limit to what can be done for them

Comment

Recently watched this documentary. It's interesting to get a look into what drove seemingly normal people to commit atrocities of this caliber. Kind of makes you wonder if you'd do this type of stuff in their position. I wonder how much of the Imperial Japanese army ever regretted what they did, as (at least some of) the soldiers in this doc did...

After all, most of these people weren't born being psychopaths.
                          Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; June 13th, 2018, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mae Borowski View Post

I'm pretty sure they don't care dude, all they want is drugs and all they're going to amount to is getting drugs whenever they can for the rest of their life, there's not really much you can do about it. I've come to realize you can't help everyone and they'll never have better futures because they'll always be lazy and they'll never get jobs. If they won't help themselves there's only a limit to what can be done for them
                            lul

its nothing as overtly destructive as that, but impulsive purchases are definitely an issue for them
                            Last edited by Helly; June 14th, 2018, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Yo, Helly. working on any new music tracks...?

Comment

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post
                                Yo, Helly. working on any new music tracks...?
                                yeh lol

like, 5 million, but helly's more focused on building up his bakery business lately. Errday, bros, im on the grind makin dem $$$

Comment

yeh lol

like, 5 million, but helly's more focused on building up his bakery business lately. Errday, bros, im on the grind makin dem $$$
                                  What do you do in your bakery business, anyway? Do you make delicious cakes...?

Comment

What do you do in your bakery business, anyway? Do you make delicious cakes...?
                                    I don't know what all the things are called in English lol but they are basically different types of breads, with various combinations of coconut, raisins, honey, pinneaple, etc included as toppings or fillings

Lately I've startes to include Italian things as well, primarily breadsticks and calzones, sometimes pizza but that has its own special day set apart so everything gets done on time since I only have a handful of distributors atm.

Comment

I don't know what all the things are called in English lol but they are basically different types of breads, with various combinations of coconut, raisins, honey, pinneaple, etc included as toppings or fillings

Lately I've startes to include Italian things as well, primarily breadsticks and calzones, sometimes pizza but that has its own special day set apart so everything gets done on time since I only have a handful of distributors atm.
                                      That sounds pretty good, tbh (except the raisin part, I hate raisins).

I would assume your customers are very satisfied with your work?

Comment

That sounds pretty good, tbh (except the raisin part, I hate raisins).

I would assume your customers are very satisfied with your work?
                                        yeh, lol....it's an annoying flaw of mine, but I kind of hate it. I guess it's the lingering cynicism or some other ugly demon I haven't identified yet(demon in the metaphorical sense), but I've always had that bitterness hanging around me perhaps directly in spite of the positive effect I have on anyone who likes something I produced.

Comment

That mexican cake thing with the colored sugar on it that gets everywhere?

is... actually really good when you heat it up ( i think that’s what helly is referring too)

Comment

Working...
                                          X