X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mae Borowski View Post

Shouldn't need one, just drink up
    Nah, I either need it to cure my inability to speak normally with the classmates I grew up with or to type funny online
    (Just waiting for another set)

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
      Nah, I either need it to cure my inability to speak normally with the classmates I grew up with or to type funny online
      Oh lol I just drink every day

Comment

I need to get this off my chest, this is just too much.

So I just got back from watching Super Troopers 2 with my mom, right? Well, I had a good time, it's a pretty funny movie. There are a few weird jokes, like the "canadians fuck animals" joke kept showing up, and there's a running gag about a dude eating female hormone pills and acting like a woman. I guess that's not too bad for a comedy though, and I had a good time.

Then my mom pointed out those two things about the movie and told me that was the agenda the New World Order was pushing, they're trying to make people gay and fuck animals as a form of population control so they're trying to normalize it by making it the butt of a joke. For those of you that don't really see me talk about my mom, she's 100% legit about this shit, she genuinely believes every piece of fiction that isn't explicitly Christian is part of a pedophilic shadow society's grand plan to bring about the revival of Satan. So, you know, pretty weird right? I asked how making something the butt of a joke normalized it in any sense, and in return I got "I know what I know and you can't change my mind; it's not a debate; I hope one day you do some looking in of your own and you realize that I was right all along; This is not a discussion I'm just telling you the truth so stop pestering me." Well, you know, I've been through this before, that's what happens when you question her youtube-bred expertise. Whatever. Let's skip to the next topic.

So then my mom brought up my grandpa. Just in case you weren't aware, he died of cancer a while back, he's not even buried yet (we had to wait for spring because the ground was frozen over). Keep that in mind, he's not even in the goddamn ground yet. But of course, my mom brought him up. She was mad that a year and a half ago, he wasn't excited about a drone we bought for him. "Well, that's okay," she says, "the cancer probably got to his brain by then, that's what made him so mean and weird". I say nothing. "You know, he was always like that though, always real mean and pigheaded-"

... "Hey mom, if I can't talk about the illuminati then I don't want you to talk bad about my dead grandpa."

Well, that did it. That's different, she says, her opinion about my grandpa is valid because she knows what she talks about. I can't censor her and she's not talking bad anyway, she's just telling the truth, just trying to bring up true facts about him.

So then she goes on to tell me that earlier she was looking over some old photos and she saw one of him holding some beer and some lottery tickets, flashing the devil horns with a dead look in his eyes. "There, was that so hard to hear?"

Then she went on to bitch about how he never understood her and he always berated her and he always hated her more than any of her boys, because he was sexist and hated women. None of this was true, by the way, my grandma and uncles have said time and time again that she was the baby of the family and that she got away with waaay more shit than her brothers did. But she just kept going on and on about all the terrible shit my not-yet-buried grandpa did(n't do).

... Let me tell you what that kind of social skills get you...

My mom doesn't have a job, and she hasn't had one since she was fired for flipping out at the clients at the last group home she worked at. Since then, she's been kicked out of the place she was living because she was constantly starting shit. She refuses to live at my grandma's place, even though there's a place for her (My grandma has been nothing but nice to her, and she has no idea how to make her feel better. Despite this, my mom somehow thinks she's not welcome there at all), but she can't go anywhere else... So she dumped her elderly dog on me so that she could live in a tent in the back woods behind my grandma's house. At some point, she's planning on living off credit cards to go "head west". Right now she's thinking Washington because she likes weed and because... she likes weed (Forget about what happened when she went to live in Texas. Forget about what happened when she went to live in North Dakota. Forget about Florida, and the other time she went to Washington...). She doesn't want to work more than five or six hours a week, by the way, that'll be enough to live off of if she just ignores rent and debt and anything else. Just guess how well it works to try and talk her out of that. Or into any better solution... like moving into a house and getting a job.

Like... what the fuck do you do about this? She refuses to see any professional help because they're all as stupid as everyone else is, and she's gonna get off her antidepressants soon because she thinks she doesn't need them any more. Disagree about anything at all and all you get is a screaming match, and if you keep it up then you were a piece of shit to her for your entire existence. I don't know how much longer this will go until she ends up driving off a cliff... And I don't know how else this will end. She can't support herself, she burns everyone that tries to help her... she's sure as fuck not gonna survive in that tent...

Comment

Man, shit's been getting real in this thread as of late...

So I just got back from watching Super Troopers 2 with my mom, right? Well, I had a good time, it's a pretty funny movie. There are a few weird jokes, like the "canadians fuck animals" joke kept showing up, and there's a running gag about a dude eating female hormone pills and acting like a woman. I guess that's not too bad for a comedy though, and I had a good time.

Then my mom pointed out those two things about the movie and told me that was the agenda the New World Order was pushing, they're trying to make people gay and fuck animals as a form of population control so they're trying to normalize it by making it the butt of a joke. For those of you that don't really see me talk about my mom, she's 100% legit about this shit, she genuinely believes every piece of fiction that isn't explicitly Christian is part of a pedophilic shadow society's grand plan to bring about the revival of Satan. So, you know, pretty weird right? I asked how making something the butt of a joke normalized it in any sense, and in return I got "I know what I know and you can't change my mind; it's not a debate; I hope one day you do some looking in of your own and you realize that I was right all along; This is not a discussion I'm just telling you the truth so stop pestering me." Well, you know, I've been through this before, that's what happens when you question her youtube-bred expertise. Whatever. Let's skip to the next topic.

So then my mom brought up my grandpa. Just in case you weren't aware, he died of cancer a while back, he's not even buried yet (we had to wait for spring because the ground was frozen over). Keep that in mind, he's not even in the goddamn ground yet. But of course, my mom brought him up. She was mad that a year and a half ago, he wasn't excited about a drone we bought for him. "Well, that's okay," she says, "the cancer probably got to his brain by then, that's what made him so mean and weird". I say nothing. "You know, he was always like that though, always real mean and pigheaded-"

... "Hey mom, if I can't talk about the illuminati then I don't want you to talk bad about my dead grandpa."

Well, that did it. That's different, she says, her opinion about my grandpa is valid because she knows what she talks about. I can't censor her and she's not talking bad anyway, she's just telling the truth, just trying to bring up true facts about him.

So then she goes on to tell me that earlier she was looking over some old photos and she saw one of him holding some beer and some lottery tickets, flashing the devil horns with a dead look in his eyes. "There, was that so hard to hear?"

Then she went on to bitch about how he never understood her and he always berated her and he always hated her more than any of her boys, because he was sexist and hated women. None of this was true, by the way, my grandma and uncles have said time and time again that she was the baby of the family and that she got away with waaay more shit than her brothers did. But she just kept going on and on about all the terrible shit my not-yet-buried grandpa did(n't do).

My mom doesn't have a job, and she hasn't had one since she was fired for flipping out at the clients at the last group home she worked at. Since then, she's been kicked out of the place she was living because she was constantly starting shit. She refuses to live at my grandma's place, even though there's a place for her (My grandma has been nothing but nice to her, and she has no idea how to make her feel better. Despite this, my mom somehow thinks she's not welcome there at all), but she can't go anywhere else... So she dumped her elderly dog on me so that she could live in a tent in the back woods behind my grandma's house. At some point, she's planning on living off credit cards to go "head west". Right now she's thinking Washington because she likes weed and because... she likes weed (Forget about what happened when she went to live in Texas. Forget about what happened when she went to live in North Dakota. Forget about Florida, and the other time she went to Washington...). She doesn't want to work more than five or six hours a week, by the way, that'll be enough to live off of if she just ignores rent and debt and anything else. Just guess how well it works to try and talk her out of that. Or into any better solution... like moving into a house and getting a job.

Like... what the fuck do you do about this? She refuses to see any professional help because they're all as stupid as everyone else is, and she's gonna get off her antidepressants soon because she thinks she doesn't need them any more. Disagree about anything at all and all you get is a screaming match, and if you keep it up then you were a piece of shit to her for your entire existence. I don't know how much longer this will go until she ends up driving off a cliff... And I don't know how else this will end. She can't support herself, she burns everyone that tries to help her... she's sure as fuck not gonna survive in that tent...
          Have you tried perhaps making her get professional help (legally and stuff)? I mean, if you can make the case that she's a danger to herself (she mostly endangers herself, it seems...?), or somehow ill in whatever way to constitute forced professional help, then she might be able to get the help she needs.

Otherwise, I'm not really sure how to help. :(

Comment

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post

Man, shit's been getting real in this thread as of late...

Have you tried perhaps making her get professional help (legally and stuff)? I mean, if you can make the case that she's a danger to herself (she mostly endangers herself, it seems...?), or somehow ill in whatever way to constitute forced professional help, then she might be able to get the help she needs.

Otherwise, I'm not really sure how to help. :(
            I mean, she's not self-harming, so I don't think it applies.

Comment

I mean, she's not self-harming, so I don't think it applies.

Well then I don't know, sounds like she's got a bit of a strict algorithm going that you just can't alter, lol.

Comment

I read the first paragraph of this. Your mom talks about the "New World Order"? Like wtf? I laughed a little when I read that. That's pretty badass. Anyway, my parents are very susceptible to internet news, which 90% of it is fake. And I've noticed it on more older people too, they just don't know how to filter that shit out. Anyway, I'd recommend you tell them or her to stop looking at that. Obviously you won't be able to do much when it comes to her religion. I'd advise you just try to make her articulate her believes without mocking her. Maybe she'll see you're trying to really help her and will rationalize more. Also, actually listen to her and see if she has a point somewhere. She said they're trying to normalize what she sees as bad with films. They might not do it maliciously or consciously, but in a way it does that. So you might agree with her on this much.

WTF? LOL. Just finished reading that, very good stuff. Anyway, she's your mom. She's a grown women, let her choose what she wants to do and all you can do is support her. Sure, try to help her by telling her to help herself. She's not going to change, but you can at least try to make her. Just don't be too pushy. It sounds like if you confront her she'll just mentally block you, so don't do that (imo).
                Last edited by #83.6666666667; May 15th, 2018, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by #83.6666666667 View Post

I read the first paragraph of this. Your mom talks about the "New World Order"? Like wtf? I laughed a little when I read that. That's pretty badass. Anyway, my parents are very susceptible to internet news, which 90% of it is fake. And I've noticed it on more older people too, they just don't know how to filter that shit out. Anyway, I'd recommend you tell them or her to stop looking at that. Obviously you won't be able to do much when it comes to her religion. I'd advise you just try to make her articulate her believes without mocking her. Maybe she'll see you're trying to really help her and will rationalize more. Also, actually listen to her and see if she has a point somewhere. She said they're trying to normalize what she sees as bad with films. They might not do it maliciously or consciously, but in a way it does that. So you might agree with her on this much.

WTF? LOL. Just finished reading that, very good stuff. Anyway, she's your mom. She's a grown women, let her choose what she wants to do and all you can do is support her. Sure, try to help her by telling her to help herself. She's not going to change, but you can at least try to make her. Just don't be too pushy. It sounds like if you confront her she'll just mentally block you, so don't do that (imo).
                  The thing is, if she catches a whiff of disagreement she immediately goes to the defensive, whether It's about how every politician had to go through a Satanic ritual that involved raping children or how you can't live in a tent in Minnesota. There's absolutely no wiggle room to say 'I disagree because...', she immediately raises her voice just to talk over you, and she'll keep doing that until you stop. It doesn't matter how polite you are, you're either agreeing with her wisdom or you're oppressing her right to believe or act in how she wants.
                  Last edited by OrganizationXV; May 16th, 2018, 10:43 AM.

Comment

The thing is, if she catches a whiff of disagreement she immediately goes to the defensive, whether It's about how every politician had to go through a Satanic ritual that involved raping children or how you can't live in a tent in Minnesota. There's absolutely no wiggle room to say 'I disagree because...', she immediately raises her voice just to talk over you, and she'll keep doing that until you stop. It doesn't matter how polite you are, you're either agreeing with her wisdom or you're oppressing her right to believe or act in how she wants.
                    I believe politicians do some pretty shady shit too.

I mean it's a tough situation and I see how you couldn't bring yourself to do something fucked up like have her put in a padded cell because she's your mom. If she's really a danger to herself and others maybe it's best to encourage her to stay in the tent and bring her food. (unless she thinks the food is poison then just let her hunt and forage?) There's no easy way to handle it but good luck with whatever happens dude

Comment

It looks like she's just going to do what she wants. You can't do anything but love and support her, as fucked up as she sounds she's still your mother. Let her feel secure (sounds like she needs that) with you so she trust you. Maybe then she'll listen to you more when she sees your intentions are good. That's my advice.

Comment

Well, I'm not dead, so that's something.

Comment

I believe politicians do some pretty shady shit too.
                          I'm not saying they don't, I'm saying that I don't believe that in order to hold public office you must first murder your best friend and then kidnap a child and rape them to death.

This is what she believes.
                          I mean it's a tough situation and I see how you couldn't bring yourself to do something fucked up like have her put in a padded cell because she's your mom. If she's really a danger to herself and others maybe it's best to encourage her to stay in the tent and bring her food. (unless she thinks the food is poison then just let her hunt and forage?) There's no easy way to handle it but good luck with whatever happens dude
                          She's not that far gone that she'd think I'd poison her, but there's really nothing stopping her getting emotional about her terrible situation and ending it all. That's what I'm worried about, otherwise she's harmless.

Originally posted by #83.6666666667 View Post

It looks like she's just going to do what she wants. You can't do anything but love and support her, as fucked up as she sounds she's still your mother. Let her feel secure (sounds like she needs that) with you so she trust you. Maybe then she'll listen to you more when she sees your intentions are good. That's my advice.
                          I've been doing that for years, man... But, you're right, that's all there is to do. Just be someone to lean on.

Comment

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post

I've investigated Former Yugoslavia and whether or not it proves that Communism "can work" (without 90% of the BS that typically comes with it).

So far nothing's holding up, lol.

"Statistics of Democide, chapter 9; Statistics Of Yugoslavia's Democide"

"The Tito regime itself killed in cold blood some 500,000 people, mainly 'collaborators,' 'anti-communists,' rival guerrillas, Ustashi, and critics."

"Forced labor and imprisonment for opponents or undesirables was a characteristic of the Tito regime, as it was of other East European, post-war communist governments. "
                          Literally half of that text are assumptions and unfounded estimates mostly summed up with "dude trust me".

The other, actually researched half mostly takes into accounts deaths during WW2...
                          Where "Tito`s brutal regime" killed hundreds of thousands of USTASHI and CHETNIKS....How exactly is that a bad thing? Ustashi and Chetniks were basically Nazis...or better put Nazi puppets.
                          Furthermore they basically take into account for the death toll every deaths caused by any nation that was part of the EARLIER Yugoslavia...Dont mix the Kingdom of Yugoslavia with SFRY. Those nations that were the part of earlier Yugoslavia include Nezavisna Država Hrvatska (Independent State of Croatia) which was a Nazi puppet state that killed hundreds of thousands of Croatians along with Serbians and Romani. Croats themselves, led by Tito, rose up against NDH. And they include those deaths as caused by Tito`s communist regime?
                          Furthermore they even include the deaths from camps such as Jasenovac...again caused by the Nazi NDH, not communist Tito.

After the war ended those "anti-communists" that ended up killed where for the vast majority remnants of NDH sympahtisers who tried to bring back Nazism, and even their own countrymen, us Croats, didnt want them living among us.

Former Yugoslavia economy.

"Privately owned craft shops could employ up to 4 people per owner. The land was partially nationalized and redistributed, and partially collectivized. Farmer households could own up to 10 hectares of land per person and the excess farmland was owned by co-ops, agricultural companies or local communities. These could sell and buy land, as well as give it to people in perpetual lease."

"After several failed attempts to fight the inflation with various schemes, and due to mass strikes caused by austerity wage freezes, the government of Branko Mikulic was replaced by a new government in March 1989, headed by Ante Markovic, a pragmatic reformist. He spent a year introducing new business legislation, which quietly dropped most of the associated labor theory and introduced private ownership of businesses. The institutional changes culminated in eighteen new laws that declared an end to the self-management system and associated labor. While public companies were allowed to be partially privatized, mostly through investment, the concepts of social ownership and worker councils were still retained."
                          Not sure what your point is with this?
                          Are you surprised that privately owned businesses were limited? Well no shit it WAS Communism, I didnt say it had ZERO similarities to the Soviet version of communism, I just said it was far closer to what Marx actually envision than the other Communist regimes were.

You wanna know what it ACTUALLY looked like working in those "state owned" companies?
                          People actually worked...and were payed fairly. A hard working low class employee, like my father for example, could have as big of a wage as the director of the firm if he worked hard enough...Which my father for example did...

Wanna know what happened when we were "liberated" by Capitalism?
                          Greed took over, companies were sold for miniscule amounts to wealthy people who promised donations to the goverment. Those wealthy people didnt know shit about running a business, they went bankrupt one by one, people lost their jobs and ended up on the streets except this time the Capitalist goverment didnt give a fuck, and there was nobody who you could turn to other than yourself...Glorious capitalism.
                          And one by one those "damn state-owned" companies fell apart...

Comment

wtf i love communism now
                            Originally posted by Oneiros
                            In that case, I’m the biggest faggot on the block.

Comment

Kpop being the most insanely good and underrated genre atm.

Comment

Originally posted by Sza View Post
                                Kpop being the most insanely good and underrated genre atm.
                                Jpop >>>>>>>>>>>>

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor. View Post
                                  wtf i love communism now
                                  Communism without fascism would be ideal. If they could manage to pull it off without dictatorship or oppression it wouldn't be so hated. It's better than capitalism, just tends to be warped and abused.

Comment

Jpop >>>>>>>>>>>>
                                    i’ll fight you..

Comment

Originally posted by Sza View Post

i’ll fight you..
                                      Let's rumble

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor. View Post
                                        wtf i love communism now
                                        smash the bourgeoisie liberate the proletariat

Comment

Working...
                                        X