Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions and Site Progress

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Suggestions and Site Progress

    I aim to please whatever userbase this site could accumulate. As such, if you have any suggestions please place them here and I will take a look to see if I can implement it. Unfortunately, the cheaper platform that I'm currently using isn't quite as customizable as the full version, so some of your suggestions, even if they are fantastic ideas, will not be implemented. But I assure you that I will strive to do my best to make this site what everyone wants it to be. :)

    #2
    Ladd should be an Admin~

    Also, the site rules should be copied into a post in this subforum (posted as a "global announcement" if such a thing is possible) to ensure everyone can always view them.
    Last edited by P408370R; May 19th, 2015, 02:54 PM. Reason: Adding a more serious suggestion. ;}

    Comment


      #3
      What's going on with the avis?

      Comment


      • Joy The Boy
        Joy The Boy commented
        Editing a comment
        lol

      #4
      @ Phob, that's a good idea. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll make it a global sticky.

      @ Mr. G, I had to toss in a temp code to expand the avatar size. It's a bit buggy because I kind of just threw some random coding in. I intend to fix it once I have more time to look into a better solution.

      Comment


        #5
        This is a minor suggestion and contingent on one's perspective, and I understand you're still setting up the sections, but would you please separate Literature into its own section? Movies and Television and Literature seem more appropriate than Movies, Television, and Literature, and we would have to use the general Media subforum anyways for overlap among sections (so another split couldn't hurt).

        Thanks for the consideration! ^^

        Comment


          #6
          Originally posted by Phobetor View Post
          This is a minor suggestion and contingent on one's perspective, and I understand you're still setting up the sections, but would you please separate Literature into its own section? Movies and Television and Literature seem more appropriate than Movies, Television, and Literature, and we would have to use the general Media subforum anyways for overlap among sections (so another split couldn't hurt).

          Thanks for the consideration! ^^

          Done.

          Comment


            #7
            let's get a rep system going
            Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n507543
            This is what your racist, pepe memes get you. Death. Death of innocents.

            Comment


              #8
              Perhaps make the avi and sig buttons easier to find?



              Originally posted by OrganizationXV

              "Oh-a shiit!" Mario yells. "Ima gonna leave-a."

              He runs away, arms out, then jumps like super high and you don't see him any more.

              Comment


                #9
                Originally posted by Mister Teal View Post
                let's get a rep system going

                There is one, users just aren't able to rep, currently, until they hit 500 posts.

                Originally posted by Gawayn View Post
                Perhaps make the avi and sig buttons easier to find?
                I will see what I can do via adjusting user profile fields shortly.

                Comment


                  #10
                  Originally posted by Gawayn View Post
                  Perhaps make the avi and sig buttons easier to find?
                  I agree. I'm still having trouble working it out granted I'm tired.
                  "Death's vastness holds no peace. I come at the end of the long road. Neither human, nor devil... all bends to my will."

                  Comment


                    #11
                    Not a major suggestion but....perma u.o.e.n.o :)

                    Comment


                      #12
                      Just curious about the articles section, is that really needed? Is it meant to put articles pertaining to real world stuff and whatnot?? Kinda confused on that XD
                      I am the ultimate insanity!! I AM CARNAGE!!

                      Comment


                        #13
                        Originally posted by jonnty7 View Post
                        Just curious about the articles section, is that really needed? Is it meant to put articles pertaining to real world stuff and whatnot?? Kinda confused on that XD
                        To be completely blunt, I'm not entirely sure myself. Some of the stuff came pre-packed with the vBulletin software. I could probably disable it, but I figured that instead of disabling features I would just leave them there and people could use them for whatever they wanted down the line.

                        Comment


                          #14
                          I've been working on themes today. For those who haven't noticed, at the very bottom of the page is a theme selector. You can change between a few different color setups right now. I only JUST learned how to change color for post backgrounds and things today, so the "Dark Orchid" and "Red" themes will both be a bit lackluster in comparison to the "Monochrome" theme I just implemented. Unfortunately, there are a few things I've yet to figure out how to change the color on. The links at the top of the page that currently say "Home > Forum > Lounge > Feedback" in this thread are one. And the reply form where you type your text for a post is another. I'll keep searching to figure both of these out so I can make it all look much more shiny.

                          If you've got a particular color request, just let me know. It may take some time to implement (doing these themes can take me an hour or so each) but I'll try to fill out the color variety so that everyone can have something they like.

                          Also... I might make this the site logo in the anime and manga section... Temptation is strong with this one.

                          Comment


                            #15
                            Yea i have noticed before I made this account I was checking the various layouts. I got to say this monochrome is my favourite one. But I think it would work better with a mix of black, silver, & cyan.

                            Please not that. It would give the wrong sort of impression to people that are new. They might think of this place as childish or some weird site.

                            edit: Also could the rep thing be 100 posts instead? tbf 500 is too mcuh. Most are 50 to 100 others don't require any posts at all and plenty don't have a rep system to begin with. Although personally I think not having a rep system would be for the best.
                            Last edited by Ouroboros; May 20th, 2015, 06:04 PM.
                            Originally posted by Raniero;n509789
                            Movie looks like dumb fun and I'm going to enjoy watching it

                            Unless you're retarded and a faggot, you shouldn't have expected anything more after Super

                            Comment


                              #16
                              I don't know if you've left it as is for the time being but on my laptop your link/img at the top of the screen is broken.

                              just thought I'd let you know.

                              Unless it's up to me needing to update java or something, but I doubt that.

                              Left an attachment showing you what I mean.

                              help.png

                              Hmm, it seems that the attachment isn't working either.


                              Try this:

                              http://s9.postimg.org/r6k9gy1cf/help.png

                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by GoodGamerSambo; May 20th, 2015, 06:25 PM.

                              Comment


                                #17
                                I COULD pull the rep system out entirely. But I think people wouldn't like it as much if they couldn't. I was hoping to make it a bit similar to moviecodec's rep system, where you can comment and such. But it's not possible with the current software. I will consider lowering the post number required, though.

                                Comment


                                  #18
                                  Originally posted by GoodGamerSambo View Post
                                  I don't know if you've left it as is for the time being but on my laptop your link/img at the top of the screen is broken.

                                  just thought I'd let you know.

                                  Unless it's up to me needing to update java or something, but I doubt that.

                                  Left an attachment showing you what I mean.

                                  [ATTACH]n616[/ATTACH]

                                  Hmm, it seems that the attachment isn't working either.


                                  Try this:

                                  http://s9.postimg.org/r6k9gy1cf/help.png

                                  I apologize, I didn't see this. I'm not entirely sure what the issue here is. It's showing up on my end, but the image could be cached. I will reload the image to the site and we'll see if that fixes it. :)

                                  Also of note, if there's anyone that simply loves the aesthetic of Facebook, we now have a theme that copies it. :D

                                  Comment


                                    #19
                                    Originally posted by Cid View Post
                                    I COULD pull the rep system out entirely. But I think people wouldn't like it as much if they couldn't.
                                    I would like it alot if there was no rep system. Most sites don't. OA, PS, AS, etc.
                                    But if you really want to have reps the best way to make them viable would be to make a rep-neg=total rep w/ no neutrals.

                                    And ofc. 1 account per w/e.

                                    lol & book face
                                    Originally posted by Raniero;n509789
                                    Movie looks like dumb fun and I'm going to enjoy watching it

                                    Unless you're retarded and a faggot, you shouldn't have expected anything more after Super

                                    Comment


                                      #20
                                      I've lowered the required post amount to 100 for repping.

                                      If there's a sufficient following for the idea of no rep system whatsoever, then I will gladly remove it entirely.

                                      Comment

                                      Working...
                                      X