Dear Cid,

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Cid,

Can we move the political section into its own thing, like Vs.? This shit’s more than overstayed its welcome.

- ❤️ Ziku

Let's have a different url for every section, honestly.

Can we get a new domain for every thread, actually?

Comment

Seriously, though: can we actually do this?

Politics is where the VS posters congregate following the long overdue death of that pastime, and the point of separating VS from the main site was so the actual community didn't have to see their posts.

And at least VS was harmless because it had minimal bearing on real life; politics are an essential part of the life and social connections of every individual and group.

Comment

Just don't click the threads then.

Since gaming, anime, and sports all have their own designated threads, it would kill discussion on this site much faster, since what topics don't fall under at least 1 of the three outside of politics?

Comment

https://www.t5forums.com/forum/main-...topic/politics

Ta-da, done.

Comment

Youre going to kill the site

Comment

Like separating VS "killed" the site? No; it just made it clear that the time of VS is finally over, here and on the Internet in general. What followed within the main site is what killed it, namely an excessive amount of political discussions in which most of the participants were VS posters with minimal contextual knowledge or analytical skills. People understandably did not and do not want to see that, and it drove them away from Politics and eventually the site in general.

VS is (thankfully) dead, and the main site is (unfortunately) close to dead. Pretending that this is not the case by integrating the two will not change anything; providing a simulacrum of activity is in bad taste, and in fact reflects more poorly when one inevitably realizes just how inactive it really is.

In fact, due to their contentious nature, most websites and chat systems intelligently adopt segregatory policies for political and religious conversations. Either they are banned outright, or they are distinct from the rest of the conversations and/or require deliberate requests of access to post.

If anything, it would be a good idea to extend the custom along the lines of VS by moving Politics and Religion to their own area. People could pay a visit should they wish to converse within those spheres, but otherwise would not have to see those threads; and those mostly or entirely lacking interest in discussing those subjects could refrain from ever looking at them.

Comment

Bring back VS and the main site is no longer dead lol
                Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
                Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post
                  With all the Media subforums with the exception of Literature, the last post in the last thread on the front page of the VS Sections is from February 6th.

VS is long dead. lol

Comment

Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post
                    The only places where Vs. isn’t a relic are SpaceBattles and Reddit. And do we REALLY want Vs. fags back in conjunction with the pseudo-intellectuals that plague Politics?

Comment

I'm about 95% sure that removing the most active topics of discussion from the front page would just result in the site dying even faster. In retrospect, separating VS probably wasn't the best idea either, as it essentially stranded those topics and kept potentially active members from participating easily in discussions of other types and likely lead, partially, to the decline in activity all around.

If you guys don't want to see the political topics, there's a donate button at the top of the page. Kick some cash to T5 and maybe I'll be able to hire a programmer to create an adaptable JSON search for the main page so you guys can click certain sections off. Then we can reintegrate VS and everyone is happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post
                        I 'm about 95% sure that removing the most active topics of discussion from the front page would just result in the site dying even faster.
                        Try polling people to see whether they would post more if Politics (and probably Religion if we were to go that route) were separated from the rest of the site. If most of the conversations are just the fun, dumb stuff that made MvC active, and the serious discussions that remain on the main site aren't inherently controversial the way subjects pertaining to those two types of content are, it is very likely that people would be more amenable to chatting and as such activity could pick up.

Whether this change is disseminated, and whether people keep their word, is a different concern; but the idea itself is at least preferable to the status quo. I can all but assure you the site would die anyway since many people started posting less or stopped altogether because of what Politics has become. I myself am sometimes turned off from posting due to all the political threads, and in particular much of the content in them.

Comment

let's be a marvel fansite

Comment

Originally posted by Ziku View Post

The only places where Vs. isn’t a relic are SpaceBattles and Reddit. And do we REALLY want Vs. fags back in conjunction with the pseudo-intellectuals that plague Politics?
                            You can add CV to that list, though it's pretty much on life support if anything at all. Vs. in particular.
                            Last edited by TechTastic; March 3rd, 2019, 07:46 PM.

Comment

God yes please. This was always a shitposting community at the end of the day. Only difference between politics and vs at this point is that one of them was super active not just on MVC but on a lot of forums back in the day. Meanwhile this site is a ghost town almost 24/7 and whenever something new gets posted its usually another political topic where a handful of liberals circlejerk each other for a few pages.

People can say that moving politics to it's own containment section would kill the site but that only proves the claim that politics is all you fags want to talk about in the first place.
                              Originally posted by Kajin_Style
                              I have this illness called "Having-a-Heart" and gives me this irrational sense of empathy and care for my fellow man.

Comment

I also agree with the OP, BTW.

Comment

Wanna hear something funny?

TechTastic is the best member Take Five has.

Why? He's super new and most people probably have no clue who he is. Right?

It's because he showed up randomly and began making topics. He doesn't really care about politics, as far as I can tell. He's certainly never talked about them. He likes technology, though. And he likes talking about it.

Sure, his topics aren't the most active and don't get the most replies. But he still makes them and he eagerly replies to anyone that replies to him.

Making topics, huh? What a concept.

If only the rest of you followed in his footsteps and made topics and initiated some conversations instead of constantly bitching about how there's no topics except the political ones.

Thank you, TechTastic for being an exemplary member of the community. Though you're new and I know next to nothing about you, I appreciate that you come here and talk about something you enjoy.

Comment

• P408370R
                                    P408370R commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Also, I agree that Techy is exactly the type of new member we need. Their interests may be oddly specific and even esoteric to an extent, but they discuss what they enjoy.

Keep it up, fren!

Yes, most members of the community are at fault for being inactive and expecting the culture they desire to be prevalent without actually propagating it themselves, and I've said as much many times. Furthermore, many of the posters who are active don't create many threads and don't post in ones that they supposedly enjoy.

Having said that, the onus is not merely on them; this phenomenon is also symptomatic of people being actively repelled from posting due to what I mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Pocket Rocket View Post
                                    handful of liberals
                                    LOL

We actually have more conservatives per capita than the now-cucked 4chan (gee, what a surprise that literal cucks were metaphorically cucked) does, wyd

Comment

• P408370R
                                      P408370R commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      These are the types of delusions under which many falsely politically active people operate, but especially conservatives, who have always been the real snowflakes.

The only way to fix the lack of variety in discussion is to create more variety of topics. Pushing the site's most active discussions to another section of the site will not help because it's not going to magically make the current members decide to start posting.

So I'm not going to do it. The only thing it will accomplish is making the site look even less active and, thus, make it look even less desirable.

If you guys don't want to see the political topics, donate to the site and I'll hire a programmer to create a system that will allow you hide the political topics. Otherwise, you can either leave or start making topics. I'm not even going to entertain the silly idea that making the site appear less active will somehow create more activity.

Comment

Working...
                                    X