Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vBulletin released a security patch and I have now installed it. I also scoured the server for any files that looked suspicious and found a few more, those have been removed as well. I notice there's a ton of files that haven't been modified for a year or two now and I think they're old files for previous versions that we don't need. I think I'm going to ask around in the support forums about those files and see if it's safe to go ahead and move them as well, might help speed the site up some.

Comment

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/ne...ites-worldwide

For anyone interested, there's an article about the exploit that brought T5 down last night and this morning. Apparently, the exploit had been there for at least three years and few people knew about it. But the exploit was being sold off to people who paid for it. I remember a similar attack happening to us a couple years back. Could have been the same exploit.

Comment

vBulletin released another security patch today. It's not quite as urgent as the previous one, so I'm not going to suddenly knock the site offline to handle it. But be aware that I'll likely run the updated at some point tonight, probably in about 4-5 hours. Site will display a generic maintenance while it's happening and shouldn't be offline for more than 10-20 minutes.

Comment

Working...
        X