This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cid

This is pretty minor, but the T5 2016 Awards Bronze Medal (first-place neutral) image is still missing, a consequence of changing host.

Also, tweets seem to embed again (thanks!) but posts containing them still are not editable.

Comment

Originally posted by Phobetor View Post
      Cid

This is pretty minor, but the T5 2016 Awards Bronze Medal (first-place neutral) image is still missing, a consequence of changing host.

Also, tweets seem to embed again (thanks!) but posts containing them still are not editable.
      I'll try to check into them tomorrow as well as fix the staffing error you PM'd me about.

Comment

• P408370R
        P408370R commented
        Editing a comment
        Take your time! I'm sorry to bother you so soon into your break from classes.

Cid where do you post bugs at anyway?

I did notice a small one with the url.

If I go to www.t5forums.com I am logged in
      But if I go to t5forums.com I am not logged in and when I do it causes a system error.

Maybe a quick re-direct can fix it?

Comment

• P408370R
        P408370R commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh, my; nice catch! Thank you for pointing this out. ^^

Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post
      Cid where do you post bugs at anyway?

I did notice a small one with the url.

If I go to www.t5forums.com I am logged in
      But if I go to t5forums.com I am not logged in and when I do it causes a system error.

Maybe a quick re-direct can fix it?
      Well THAT was annoying.

I've actually been trying to figure out why I kept getting that error for a while now. I never noticed that the site wasn't running on www when I was getting it. So thanks A LOT for pointing that out to me, Kajin. My htaccess file was also corrupted, so when I attempted to write a redirect rule for it, the site stopped functioning altogether. Took a bit to figure out what was going on but I believe it's all fixed now.

Thanks again, you were a big help.

-edit-

Also, just continue posting any bugs you find here or in basically any other topic so long as I'm tagged in the post.
      Last edited by Cid; August 17th, 2017, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

Well THAT was annoying.

I've actually been trying to figure out why I kept getting that error for a while now. I never noticed that the site wasn't running on www when I was getting it. So thanks A LOT for pointing that out to me, Kajin. My htaccess file was also corrupted, so when I attempted to write a redirect rule for it, the site stopped functioning altogether. Took a bit to figure out what was going on but I believe it's all fixed now.

Thanks again, you were a big help.

-edit-

Also, just continue posting any bugs you find here or in basically any other topic so long as I'm tagged in the post.
        Awesome.

Glad I could help!

Yea I was wondering why that kept happening too. I didn't notice it until yesterday.

Comment

Louay

I saw your smiley request yesterday. I'm backed up on stuff and have three other people with custom smilies (though donation rewards) to do as well. It's likely going to take me some time to work through it all. If you'd like to be added into the queue, I can certainly do that. But it could be a month or two. (posting it in this topic so that I can keep the shop notification so I don't forget about it)

Comment

• Louay
            Louay commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh... I'm ok with that, add me to the queue.

• Cid
            Cid commented
            Editing a comment
            Will do. I'll definitely try my absolute best to work through things quickly.

Version upgrades to Take Five are now complete. There are probably a number of new features, I didn't have time to go through and read them all. There are apparently some kind of social media features now, judging by the "share" and "tweet" icons below my user info. I'll look into those on Monday morning after my work weekend is finished.

Comment

Minor quality of life improvement that has been long, long overdue.

Aerith Dies

I don't feel so good.

Comment

And just making sure we're completely back online now...

Comment

• P408370R
                P408370R commented
                Editing a comment
                Upgrade is a success.
                Not for the MCP.

(In that it still has the bugs, not that it has additional issues.)

• Cid
                Cid commented
                Editing a comment
                Phobetor I feel like they really just need to remove the Mod CP altogether since they've moved quite a number of the tools to the front-end anyway. Much not a whole lot I can do to fix that.

• P408370R
                P408370R commented
                Editing a comment
                Cid

There are a lot of essential updates that vB5 could use, honestly.

I'd prefer that they keep the MCP even in its current state, since it seems to me they wouldn't provide a replacement for the missing functions on the front end.

If anyone has seen a blank page on the site in the last few minutes, I was just tinkering with an updated PHP version. Should be stable now.

Comment

Ended up reverting the PHP version back and I'm still experiencing the same issues. Not entire sure what's going on. I might need to do a reinstall of the vbulletin software. We'll see what happens.

Comment

• P408370R
                  P408370R commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Did the recent troubleshooting resolve the issue for you, if I may inquire? I'm no longer experiencing the blank page problem.

• Cid
                  Cid commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Phobetor The blank pages are still occurring. I put the site into debug mode to see if I could get error codes to list, but it never displayed any. I did find a ton of PHP Memory Errors in the site's normal error log. So I'm exploring that now.

I have made some changes to the site's staff, with more to come later on.

Firstly, P408370R has now been promoted to the position of Administrator. Thanks for the hard work and dedication you've shown over the years and for the same in the years to come.

Secondly, OrganizationXV and EnemyOfDaState have been promoted to Global Moderator. Thank you both for accepting the offer and for the work you'll do starting now. Additionally, Chaos Theory has been demoted from Administrator to Global Moderator as well.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. Orgy and EodS, you should both have access to the Moderator Discussion Sub-Forum here in feedback, feel free to use it as you need.

Thanks again, everyone.

Comment

• Killer Loli Illya-Chan
                  Editing a comment
                  Possiblity for me to become RP section mod possible when?

• Cid
                  Cid commented
                  Editing a comment
                  A new RP moderator isn't needed. Organization will still help Gawayn moderate it, I'm sure.

• OrganizationXV
                  OrganizationXV commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, considering I only needed to do stuff in the RP thread a couple times a year, I think I can handle it.

Firstly, P408370R has now been promoted to the position of Administrator. Thanks for the hard work and dedication you've shown over the years and for the same in the years to come.
                I'll try not to break the site immediately.

It is my job and duty, and my pleasure, to serve Take Five. Here's hoping for many more years!

Secondly, OrganizationXV and EnemyOfDaState have been promoted to Global Moderator. Thank you both for accepting the offer and for the work you'll do starting now.
                Welcome to the team, friends! We have faith that both of you will do a sublime job. Thank you for your interest in helping out, and please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!

Comment

We should have a section for site clans/gangs.

Originally posted by Gawayn;n109223
                  And Hercules can be any class but Caster. Except he can. If he wore a robe and was beating people with a staff, would you argue with him?

Comment

Originally posted by Emperor Goji View Post
                    We should have a section for site clans/gangs.
                    Actually, "teams" were something I've wanted to implement for quite a while now. And the capability is there to do it. But I wasn't sure if it'd be anything members would like. Essentially, joining a "team" would net you the option for a colored username that matches your team as well as a small banner image under your username that shows what team you're part of. It would also grant you access to a section locked to only members of said team.

I floated the idea once several years ago and nobody seemed interested, though.

Comment

Actually, "teams" were something I've wanted to implement for quite a while now. And the capability is there to do it. But I wasn't sure if it'd be anything members would like. Essentially, joining a "team" would net you the option for a colored username that matches your team as well as a small banner image under your username that shows what team you're part of. It would also grant you access to a section locked to only members of said team.

I floated the idea once several years ago and nobody seemed interested, though.
                      It might be possible they will be up for it now.
                      And Hercules can be any class but Caster. Except he can. If he wore a robe and was beating people with a staff, would you argue with him?

Comment

It might be possible they will be up for it now.
                        Perhaps. If anyone sees that post and thinks it's a cool idea they can tell me such and I'll consider doing it.

Comment

• P408370R
                          P408370R commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Make a "Weab" team so we know whom to bully, and a "VS Poster" team so we know whom to ignore.

Perhaps. If anyone sees that post and thinks it's a cool idea they can tell me such and I'll consider doing it.
                        And maybe there could be Team Wars as well. But the type of war would be randomized. Maybe one time it's a vs discussion, another a videogame tournament. It just depends on what type of randomizer for the wars we use in it.

Hopefully one event is an "War of the users Avatars" Rp.

And the winning team gets featured in an hall of fame sort of screen image for the current point in time!
                        Last edited by Killer Loli Illya-Chan; December 12th, 2018, 04:11 PM.

Comment

And maybe there could be Team Wars as well. But the type of war would be randomized. Maybe one time it's a vs discussion, another a videogame tournament. It just depends on what type of randomizer for the wars we use in it.

Hopefully one event is an "War of the users Avatars" Rp.

And the winning team gets featured in an hall of fame sort of screen image for the current point in time!
                          I don't think that would really be viable, except maybe a video game tournament. There's like... A handful of RPers on this site and the VS sections are basically dead. It'd more or less just be a badge.

Comment

I don't think that would really be viable, except maybe a video game tournament. There's like... A handful of RPers on this site and the VS sections are basically dead. It'd more or less just be a badge.
                            Right.

Comment

Working...
                            X