This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site Updates

Why didn't I have a thread dedicated to site updates before? Wow, go me.

So, I've added a few new features/bug fixes. (thanks to Phobe for showing me the site with the codes)

You've probably noticed by now that the floating bar at the top of the page is different. That's got a better page navigation, a menu button to move to various areas of the site, filter, mod tools (for mods) notifications/Pms, and your profile on it now.

You can now use the "quote symbol" in comments without it screwing up! (huzzah!)

And finally a fun mod to quoting posts. If you don't want to quote the ENTIRE post, you can now highlight part of it to quote instead.

Have fun. <3

nice, we been needing this

thanks cid

Comment

Woo; thank you! <3

Just a note, though: I can't seem to select-quote on any theme but the default. This mod may have to be activated for each theme manually. :{

Comment

• Phobetor
        Phobetor commented
        Editing a comment
        "Test."

Originally posted by Phobetor View Post
      Just a note, though: I can't seem to select-quote on any theme but the default.
      That's odd. It's working on all the themes for me. x.x

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post
        It's even working as a guest on the other themes.

Comment

...Huh. I checked again and it is now working on every theme except Red (the one I always use).
          That's really odd. It's obviously an problem on my end, and might be as simple as a cache error; I'll see what I can do about it.

Sorry about the confusion!

Comment

Nice job, Cid, keep up the good work!

As a side note, is it possible to allow quotation marks in user titles? As it stands, it''s possible to bypass it by using double apostrophes, but that's kind of annoying. Low priority, though.

Something that is of higher priority is multi-quoting. Because, as it stands, and I don't know if this is a bug or what, if you try quoting a second person or even the same person (w/o refreshing the page, that is), it doesn't show up, so you are forced to do it manually via cut & paste, refreshing the page, quoting again etc. ad nauseam, which can really get tedious.

Nvm, disregard that last part. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Phobetor View Post
              ...Huh. I checked again and it is now working on every theme except Red (the one I always use).
              That's really odd. It's obviously an problem on my end, and might be as simple as a cache error; I'll see what I can do about it.

Sorry about the confusion!
              I can confirm that it's not working on Red. Lemme go see if I accidentally missed it when I was doing the stuffs.

Originally posted by Morpheus View Post
              Nice job, Cid, keep up the good work!

As a side note, is it possible to allow quotation marks in user titles? As it stands, it''s possible to bypass it by using double apostrophes, but that's kind of annoying. Low priority, though.

Something that is of higher priority is multi-quoting. Because, as it stands, and I don't know if this is a bug or what, if you try quoting a second person or even the same person (w/o refreshing the page, that is), it doesn't show up, so you are forced to do it manually via cut & paste, refreshing the page, quoting again etc. ad nauseam, which can really get tedious.

Nvm, disregard that last part. lol
              Lemme look into that first bit. I didn't know it was even an issue.

As for the last bit, thank Phobe for explaning it to you. (I assume)

Comment

• Cid
                Cid commented
                Editing a comment
                Quote select fixed

• Phobetor
                Phobetor commented
                Editing a comment
                Quote select fixed
                Thanks! <3

This also makes it easier to quote comments and to quote in comments. ^^

Lemme look into that first bit. I didn't know it was even an issue.
              Coolio.

As for the last bit, thank Phobe for explaning it to you. (I assume)
              Yeah, I really should read through the Feedback threads, but it's a lot and I CBA... Good thing I didn't have the need to multi-quote that frequently though, lol.

Comment

Morpheus

So... I was able to put quotation marks in my user title. You still can't?

Comment

Does it work on this account?

-edit-

Yep

Comment

Morpheus

So... I was able to put quotation marks in my user title. You still can't?
                    No, it's working now. However, I can't comment for some strange reason...?

(Unless you locked them in Feedback)

Comment

No, it's working now. However, I can't comment for some strange reason...?

(Unless you locked them in Feedback)
                      Gosh, I would say I'm so awesome that I fixed a problem I didn't know I have if it weren't for my tendency to break other things.

Should be fixed now.

Comment

Gosh, I would say I'm so awesome that I fixed a problem I didn't know I have if it weren't for my tendency to break other things.

Should be fixed now.
                        Always here to point out your failings help. :P

Comment

Always here to point out your failings help. :P
                          Hey buddy. Don't forget that I got more points than you.

Comment

Hey buddy. Don't forget that I got more points than you.
                            S-Sorry, that first part just slipped out, dude. I blurt out random things when I'm nervous.

Not that the game wasn't rigged from the get-go, mind you. "Moderators and administrators aren't subject to bans"? I was gonna save up 100k points just to ban you for a month and everything, too.

Comment

S-Sorry, that first part just slipped out, dude. I blurt out random things when I'm nervous.

Not that the game wasn't rigged from the get-go, mind you. "Moderators and administrators aren't subject to bans"? I was gonna save up 100k points just to ban you for a month and everything, too.
                              Ha! I knew you would!

Which is exactly why I'm exempt from most of it.

Comment

Ha! I knew you would!

Which is exactly why I'm exempt from most of it.
                                Nah, I wouldn't do that. Don't wanna leave the site unprotected. Although... Banning you for an hour or so would be pretty funny. lol

However, if I were to, say... change your name to "Morpheus' #1 Fangirl" or soemthing, would the week-long restriction apply or no?

Comment

Nah, I wouldn't do that. Don't wanna leave the site unprotected. Although... Banning you for an hour or so would be pretty funny. lol

However, if I were to, say... change your name to "Morpheus' #1 Fangirl" or soemthing, would the week-long restriction apply or no?
                                  I'm not letting mods get hit with name changes, either. For the sole purpose that their names need to be correct on the staff page for newcomers.

Tell ya what, though. You guys can hit my Avy, sig, and user title for whatever you want and I'll keep the change for a few days, at least..

Comment

I'm not letting mods get hit with name changes, either. For the sole purpose that their names need to be correct on the staff page for newcomers.
                                    R.I.P., the dream.

There's probably a way for it to update dynamically, but whatevs. I'll let ya breathe easy. :O

Tell ya what, though. You guys can hit my Avy, sig, and user title for whatever you want and I'll keep the change for a few days, at least..
                                    Unless you get a particularly terrible set, you're safe (as far as I'm concerned).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                    Auto-Saved
                                    x
                                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                                    Working...
                                    X