This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Edit Your Avatar and Signature!

I've had many people asking me how to change their avatars and signatures, so I felt a visual guide might be necessary since it can be a little difficult to simply figure out on one's own. You can click on the thumbnails to embiggen them. :p

FIRST AND FOREMOST make sure you have activated your account through the email address you used to register for the website. If it's not in your inbox then check your spam folders. And if you still cannot find the email, PM me and I can manually activate it for you.

For Avatars - Max size 200px X 275px

First click on your name at the top of the page, then click on "My Profile".

Then you hover over your Avatar to the left, and click the button that says "Edit Avatar". From there, follow the onscreen instructions. Remember, currently the maximum display size for an avatar is 200x275.

For Signatures Max width of 500px

Signature 1.jpg

First click on your name at the top of the page, then click on "User Settings"

Signature 2.jpg

On the next screen, click on the "Account" tab.

Signature 3.jpg

Scroll down the page until you find the section called "Conversation Detail Options" and locate the link that says "Edit Post Signature". From there, simply follow the onscreen instructions and enjoy. :)

Thank you very much!

Comment

Why is my avi not filling up the space I have available?
      Originally posted by Snap
      "man you always know what to get me for my birthday, you really are a nigger"

Comment

I can't find this "Edit Avatar" option, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Soothsayer View Post
          I can't find this "Edit Avatar" option, lol.
          When you go to your profile, mouse over your empty avatar box.

Comment

Cid you really should implement a sig size limit. Some of these sigs are too huge

Comment

Originally posted by Sheko View Post

Same

Comment

I know there isn't an automatic restriction on signatures, but what feels fair to you?

640x480? 600x400?

Comment

It does in this thread, but not in others.

Cid Thoughts?

Comment

When you go to your profile, mouse over your empty avatar box.
                    Yeah, I did that. For some reason, nothing seems to happen in response.

Comment

Yeah, I did that. For some reason, nothing seems to happen in response.
                      Could be a setting with your browser.

Comment

Tried it on multiple browsers now. Really wish that there was another way to uplaod your avatar.

I guess I'll have to make do with the default avi.

Comment

By default, the size for avatars on vBulletin is pretty small. 64x64. For some retarded reason, vBulletin does not have a built in method for adjusting avatar sizes in the postbit, only on the user page. Since VBCloud doesn't allow me access to the core code, I had to expand avatar sizes with some shoddy CSS, it only sort of works. At times it kind of breaks and displays the avatar at the original reduced size instead of the bigger size I manually set in the CSS. Also frustrating about this, the code I cannot manage to find a way to expand the postbit along with the avatar and VB Staff said it's impossible on VBC. So 130x130 is the max I can get on this platform.

Originally posted by Morpheus View Post
                          I know there isn't an automatic restriction on signatures, but what feels fair to you?

640x480? 600x400?
                          I've actually got a size limit set, I believe it is 600x400. I'm not sure why it's overriding. I'll check the user permissions momentarily.

Tried it on multiple browsers now. Really wish that there was another way to uplaod your avatar.

I guess I'll have to make do with the default avi.
                          You clicked on My Profile and moused over the avatar image on that page? Mousing over it on the forum itself won't work. If you continue to have problems, post the avatar and I'll manually insert it for you.

Comment

The signature size limits apply strictly to uploaded signatures, not signatures implemented with the BB tag. I'm having trouble finding CSS that will allow me to correct the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post
                              You clicked on My Profile and moused over the avatar image on that page? Mousing over it on the forum itself won't work. If you continue to have problems, post the avatar and I'll manually insert it for you.
                              Yeah, that's what I did. Nothing happened for me.

What were the avi dimensions again?

Comment

• Magikarp
                                Magikarp commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Remember: you need to confirm membership (confirmation should be in your email) and then you can load an avatar/signature.

Got it, Cid. Thanks.
                              However, I've got another question. I tried uploading a sig and the error message said something about a "100 character" limit. Any idea what that's about...?

Comment

Is there anyway to upload a pic on mobile?

Comment

@Cid.....BBC code for image resize doesn't work.

ex:

^ won't work. I've tried multiple times.

ex: [img]URL[/img]

^ works fine though.

"I know where you live." - Magikarp

Comment

Originally posted by Magikarp View Post
                                    @Cid.....BBC code for image resize doesn't work.

ex:

^ won't work. I've tried multiple times.

ex: [img]URL[/img]

^ works fine though.

I haven't been able to properly implement it, yet. I'll get to it. I've got a bit of a list of things to get done.

Comment

How to set a moniker pls

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                      Auto-Saved
                                      x
                                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                                      Working...
                                      X