The Monolith Raid (RP with Org)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Monolith Raid (RP with Org)

King Feder, Ancient King of Old walked through the volcano. The Monolith lied in its heart, and with it, he can walk through it and replace the incorrectly conceived goddess as divine. It won’t work, but he doesn’t know that. Everything he had done was to accomplish this impossible goal...yet...he glanced behind him. Ah, no surprise there. The bloodthirsty paladin Gawayn was on his trail. No surprise after he effectively burnt Saint’s Haven to the ground. And it seems Argenta was with him. His step hastened, not wanting to fight either of them.

—-

A half an hour later, the king found himself cornered. The stone structure of the Monolith behind him, groaning to life as he tried to force it open, only to be paused by an axe to the back of the head. Ripping it out, he threw it aside and turned to face one of the three tunnels that led to the lava filled room. Gawayn, Bishop Of Saint’s Haven, rushed at him with her wings spread. Argenta followed to. The battle has begun.

OrganizationXV

Originally posted by OrganizationXV

"Oh-a shiit!" Mario yells. "Ima gonna leave-a."

He runs away, arms out, then jumps like super high and you don't see him any more.

"Son of a bitch!" Micah flung his rapier out into the aether surrounding him in what he came to call the 'Death fog'. There was nothing around him but a gentle white vapor. From a very far way away, he heard a gentle clanging.

"I think you need to calm down a bit," said a reassuring female voice that came from the aether itself. "You've been trying to destroy that beast for a while, it's not working out."

"Send me back, I need to kill it. It NEEDS to die!"

... Silence...

"No, not this time," the voice said. "This is your journey, but you're just smashing your face against a wall and I can't stand to see you torture yourself."

... more silence...

"Okay, just hear me out this once. I'm going to bring you back, but not there."

"I'll find the titan and I'll kill it anyway," Micah threatened.

"You know what? Just trust me this once. You're not going to want to find it."

Micah the bodyguard felt himself slipping out of consciousness and then fading back in, landing in a totally foreign landscape. It seemed like he was standing in the mouth of an active volcano, on some rocks that thankfully weren't melted into a liquid.

"Son of Ae!" Micah cursed as he looked around. There were three other people here, and his sword was lying on the ground. As he picked the latter up, eyeing the former group, the female voice popped up again.

"The man you see before you is named King Feder, and he's bent on world domination. The consequences to this battle are at least as dire as the ones with your Titan. Hopefully, you will be able to survive this one, though."

And with that, the voice was gone. The other two, a boy(?) and a girl, both seemed pretty dead-set on killing the guy. And it would be pretty tough to scale the mountain and just walk away... He grabbed his sword and ran in pace with the other two. He was in too foul a mood to explain himself to his allies, but he was also ready to stab things.

"Let's go!" Micah yelled, casting magic into the ground as he ran. The ground in front of him shifted and shot up in the form of giant spikes. he juked to the right, away from his allies but still headed in the same direction, and swung his sword back so that when the time came he could get an effective shot in on the king.
    Originally posted by Wade
    It isn't date rape if God commands it, and he already commanded it.

I'm saying we actually don't know for certain that 1kg is 1kg.

Comment

Gawayn was too caught up in her bloodlust tontewll notice the other male approach, although Argenta did notice as she focused on sealing the Monolith back up.

Feder swung up the flaming sword and brought it down, causing violent geysers of lava to shake the cavern. Gawayn scooped up her axe out of the ground, violently slashing and smashing it into the male. Her shouts were halfway between anguished screams and a dragon’s roar as she battered the man’s armor, lightning spraying about. Feder seemed to be matching her blow for blow as well.

He runs away, arms out, then jumps like super high and you don't see him any more.

Comment

Micah had to dodge to the side to avoid a lava geyser, then spent a good second to readjust his footing to make sure it doesn't happen twice. It looked like his earth attack was ruined by the flaming sword as well. This momentary pause gave the paladin a chance to get at it, which Micah didn't have a problem with. Instead, we went to support.

Gawayn started to look hurt after a few exchanges of blows, so the bodyguard aimed a palm at her. A pleasant green glow surrounded the guy and his wounds seemed to disappear- momentarily, at least.

"Just keep swinging at him, I have your back!" Micah shouted, giving a thumbs-up that he hoped the paladin wouldn't actually turn around to see.

Comment

Of course, she didn’t. She tried for an overhead swing, but with amusing levels of ease King Feder parried it with his sword, using it to lift her axe up so he had an opening to raise his leg and kick her back. He turned to the new male, an inquisitive expression on his face before walking towards Argenta and the Monolith, keeping his eyes on the paladin at all times.

Comment

"Well, we tried," Micah sighed. He figured it was his turn this time. He ran between Feder and the monolith, then stopped just soon enough to feint the King into thinking he was going to just stand in the way. As soon as he did that, he would dodge back the way he came and go for a quick thrust at the king's side with his rapier. He wouldn't allow an easy opportunity to be countered, and with his almost complete lack of armor (with only a gauntlet on his left arm and a shoulderpiece to match), he was quick on his feet and ready to duck and/or weave even during his relatively weak strikes.

Comment

Feder was admittedly caught off guard by the swift strike, scraping against his gaudy armor. Feder swung around his sword to cleave through the male, unwisely turning back on Gawayn, which got him a strike of lightning to the back. He spun around and smacked her off her feet with his gauntlet, then returned his assault on the newcomer. If he struggles any further, he might have to use the half of the Lustre he found.

Comment

Micah kept on struggling. His attacks weren't getting through the hefty armor that Fader wore, but he was an easy distraction for the Paladin at least.

Still, might as well try and do some damage. Micah started to stab at the evil King's face occasionally, Still more worried about getting hit than with landing anything.But if he happened to get him in the eye or something...

Comment

Feder grunted as the sword stabbed through his cheek flesh, leading to a pained growl as he threw Micah aside, and scales began to overlay on his body, activating the half of the dragon lustre he had, rearing down on his arms as scales overlaid them,
                  mutating his body into that of a dragon in order to more effectively fight the two opponents.

Comment

Micah wasn't expecting a throw, but he recovered quickly enough. He flipped around to face his opponent and was pretty glad that he wasn't close any more.

"What is this?" Micah asked as the man became a dragon. He saved some magic just in case there was a weakness he could exploit.

Comment

Gawayn finally calmed down enough to speak, her chest sparking from her own fragmented lustre from Geraint, and held her axe at the ready. At that moment, bursts of flame bombarded Feder, dousing him in flames and smoke, Gawayn nodded and crouched down, muttering a spell. Clearly this third person intended to help.

Comment

Micah was very, very nervous at the prospect of trying to tackle a human/dragon hybrid head on, so he backed up and let the monster make the first move. He needed some sense of what he was going up against. His sword started glowing blue, though, from the magical energies swirling around inside of it.

Comment

“Got any ideas?” Gawayn asked, landing next to the male as flames cloaked the dragon Feder, and the dragon lashed out at the sky to try and attack the source.

Comment

Micah didn't quite know how to handle this, at least not at the moment. "I'm thinking ice element might be good, if you have the capability. Other than that, do your best to stay alive." As an afterthought, He added, "Watch out for the tail and his breath. Both of those can be very bad."

Comment

“Got it. I’ve fought dragons before and usually my lightning fried them, but this is different. I’ll keep watch and wait until I can try and summon my hammer.” Gawayn nodded and rushed to the side to check for an opening...and try and spy who was leading the assault on Feder. She could make out a human figure, but that’s it.

Comment

This human figure she saw was surprisingly plain. He was blonde, blue-eyed, and dressed kind of like like a butler- creased black pants and a white shirt under a vest. He wore no armor except a gauntlet on his left hand, and his only weapon was a rapier in his right. He was quick on his feet, though, and he seemed more than confident in the less-than prepared outfit he wore.

He was staring determinedly at the dragon man, who was still mid-transformation perhaps. Micah's sword was glowing blue, it seemed like his spell was ready.

"Take this!" Micah yelled, stabbing forward. A massive arrowhead made of razor-sharp ice materialized and shot forward from the tip of his sword straight at the dragon king.

Comment

Another was observing, this time clearly in view, another male walks around from another side of the Monolith, with crimson locks running down his head, ending in a braid. Rubinart, the true Red Dragon and sole denizen of the Nest sat down and watched as the three fought Feder.

The ice struck Feder square in the face, momentarily disoriented the dragon which Gawayn used as an opening to slam down a bolt of lightning onto his head.
                                  Last edited by Gawayn; August 7th, 2018, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                  X